Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

What has happened to the WP8 beta?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Gmotagi, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Gmotagi

Gmotagi

I can't believe any professional company would just stop a beta without telling anyone who's on it about it so maybe i'm just being a n00b and have messed up my google account or something, but I'm no longer in the WP8 beta group.

Last emails a few days ago had a link to 4.2.1 RC4 but that takes me to a group I now need permission to view?

So now I'm using 4.2.1 f2 with no idea of what is going on with this product on my main development platform.

Like I said earlier some CLEAR guidence on what is going on and what version to use would be useful as I'm not a mind reader!

Thx

2. Meltdown

Meltdown

The beta was closed long ago.
    The groups are only still available to a few select members who were very active in the groups.

For any WP8 questions you can now ask on these forums.

3. Gmotagi

Gmotagi

OK thanks, must have missed the announcement.

So what's more up to date for WP8 development - 4.2.1f2 or the 4.2 from main site download?
    Should I switch?

4. Jojo-Batista

Jojo-Batista

Is the same build