Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

What happens after Unity Teams releases?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by xxPillsxx, Jun 28, 2017.

1. xxPillsxx

xxPillsxx

What will happen to the current Collaborate after Unity Teams releases? My project has collab enabled with only 2 people, so after the promo ends, will one of us have to pay $9 to continue using Collab? Assuming we don't need to have more than 3 people.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Also, what happens to the people that joined in the early betas and were promised 15gb free?

Does the Unity subscription not factor in at all? I realise things were never set in stone, but going by what was said by Unity (on the site and on previous Unites), you created an expectation for something really different from what we've got now.

EDIT: Turns out all my assumptions were wrong, read the responses bellow.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  3. dtakahas

dtakahas

@xxPillsxx Both paid and unpaid tiers for Unity Teams allow up to 3 members. The difference is how much storage you need. If your project is above 1GB or you would like better Cloud Build service, someone will have to subscribe to Teams. Otherwise, the two of you can continue for free.

@AcidArrow People who participated in the closed beta (which was anyone prior to Nov '16) will get to keep the 15GB.

I am also pleased to tell you that the storage limit will be calculated based on the size of your project in it's latest state (what you see on disk, more or less). Previously, it was calculated by including all historical versions of your files. This required you to manage that history to reduce storage. It was a pain that we realized we don't need to inflict, thus the change.

To balance that, we will be limiting the length of history you have immediate access to in the Collab History Window. The higher plan has a longer tail of history. X days back from your most recent commit on the project. I think the numbers are going to be 14 days for the free tier and 90 days for paid. To roll back to revisions from further back than that, you may need to open a ticket. There will likely be an unlimited history option in the future.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the Unity subscription factoring in? I believe the plan is that Unity Teams is included in Plus and Pro subscriptions as outlined here: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/06/28/feature-highlight-unity-teams/

That blog post has some extra info that's not on the product page.

kB11 and AcidArrow like this.
  4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yeah, I hadn't read the blog at the time I made my post, only the product page.

Also at the time the product page didn't mention anything about it being included in Plus/Pro, but now it does, so it's all good.

5. Genebris

Genebris

Do I need to subscribe to Teams to be able to buy storage packs?

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

@Genebris you will be able to buy storage packs with any Teams license, including the free Personal version.

Genebris likes this.