Search Unity

What happened to the weekly asset store sale items in 2018?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SandboxRuckus, Jan 13, 2018.

1. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

What happened to the weekly asset store sale items in 2018?
    Are they coming back?

thanks.

dsilverthorn and scortillion like this.
  2. AGregori

AGregori

In one word: greed.

scortillion likes this.
  3. SanchoP

SanchoP

Black Friday, Mega sale.

4. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

From my understanding, Unity did away with the weekly sales. I wont miss those as much as the older 24 hour single asset sales we had before that. Those I miss. It was like a daily treat, although I didn't always have the cash when something I wanted popped up in them.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  5. Cheeeese

Cheeeese

I used to grab something weekly from the sales. eversince the sales went away I've been buying stuff from other vendor sales...
    What a shame. I hope they bring the weekly sales back.

dsilverthorn and scortillion like this.
  6. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

I was wondering this too. That was the only reason I went on there every day to see what was on sale. I spent way more money than I ever intended to. No more daily or weekly sales seems like a really, really bad idea to me. Without those sales going on I doubt as many people will visit the store every day to check what's on sale and therefore they will sell less assets and will make less money. I can't imagine it being a good thing.

7. WarpBubble

WarpBubble

I too used to visit the store like clockwork every day. I always knew what time the switch to the next item happened, depending on my time zone and daylight savings etc. I have to believe they must have had a dramatic drop in traffic and sales. Now I only visit every week or so, just to see if they have brought the sales back.

StevenPicard and dsilverthorn like this.
  8. scortillion

scortillion

I liked the 24 hour sales better, but The weekly sales were nice too. I haven't bought a single thing since the sales ended... Seems once something starts growing they always get greedy... on well.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  9. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I found this site which shows what is marked down or on sale in the asset store.
    https://www.assetstoresales.com

Don't know why Unity doesn't help out the developers by advertising the sales anymore. But at least we can find them, and they are still there.

10. MostHated

MostHated

I check that site at least daily and have bought quite a few things because of price drops and what not.

11. Thanathos

Thanathos

[QUOTE="Don't know why Unity doesn't help out the developers by advertising the sales anymore. But at least we can find them, and they are still there.[/QUOTE]

I think they hope to gain subscriptors by offering discounted assets accordingly to their subscription plan... :( so, for subscriptors, all assets are discounted...

dsilverthorn likes this.
  12. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

My purchasing has dropped substantially since the sales have went away. I guess that's a good thing for me. :D

Thanathos likes this.
  13. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanathos likes this.
  14. Thanathos

Thanathos

Oh yes! mine had too, but now that the sales made their big comeback, my wallet hurts again :oops:

StevenPicard likes this.
  15. MostHated

MostHated

My wife would divorce me if she knew how much I spent, lol. >_< I guess it's good that sales aren't toooo often. Then again, if they were, it would at least smooth out the pain instead of it being all at once.

Thanathos and StevenPicard like this.