Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to Game Rig Plugin - Reactor script

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by nisliorc, Jul 13, 2018.

1. nisliorc

nisliorc

I am investigating Cinemachine 2.1.10 at the moment and I am wondering about the Game Rig Plugin that is mentioned in cinemachineimagery.com modules page. It is written that the plugin must be released around August 2016.

I already investigated the current Cinemachine-FreeLook script that was previously demonstrated as a part of the GameRig. I suspect if Game Rig plugin embedded in to the Cinemachine while it was integrating to Unity, but I am specifically interested in the Reactor script which seems like missing on the current package.

If there is no plans for it, how can I use the current Cinemachine-FreeLook script to have a third person driving camera with the steering direction as the heading (sliding while using handbrake, going reverse etc.)?

Thanks for your help.

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Don't know if that will be helpful, but have you tried to look into 2.2 cinemachine?

3. Adam_Myhill

Adam_Myhill

Unity Technologies

HI @nisliorc we have moved on a loooong way since the Base Rig / Game Rig days. While we haven't specifically implemented Reactor how we had it back then, we've made a lot of new features which give you far more control.

If you're in 2017.x or before, the Asset Store CM has a number of them. For all the latest features, you get CM from the Package Manager built right into Unity, available in 2018.x

If you're looking for a driving camera, try the 'Simple Follow' mode of a Body->Transposer

upload_2018-7-26_22-45-14.png

There's a lot more to a sophisticated driving camera but this is a good foundation and you can blend between different cameras using the Mixing camera module
    upload_2018-7-26_22-46-14.png

Let us know how it goes, feel free to share more on how you want the camera to behave. This should get you going.