Search Unity

What happened to Feedback Friday

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Marrt, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Marrt

Marrt

I was just wondering what happened to Feedback Friday. @Gigiwoo, are you alright?

It was always a delight to see what people were tinkering on in this format. Yes i know, the people actually posting into this gamedesign forum is a very small bunch, but there are many readers i believe.

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

iirc, gigiwoo has just been super busy with not forum stuff. It'd be nice if somebody took up the mantle.

3. Lime_x

Lime_x

I was Also wondering the same thing. While I didn’t have so much time to post in he forum, I usually read what people posted and occasionally have some feedback. However, I think Murgilod is right and hopefully we could have something similar in the future.
    Gigiwoo sure has contributed a lot to this forum and I hope everything is alright with him.

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Someone else could step up and run it. (But not me — I'm spread too thin already.)

5. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

I was wondering the same thing, for over a month now.:p

6. Teila

Teila

Sad, hopefully someone picks it up. Like Joe, I am super busy at the moment. Maybe a group could get together and share the responsibility, that we way we can spread it out and not make one person do it every week.

7. Teila

Teila

If we get at least 5 others, I am willing to do one Friday a month. Anyone game?

angrypenguin likes this.
  8. Lime_x

Lime_x

This sounds like a good idea. I’m also willing to do it.

9. TonyLi

TonyLi

Wasn't it just once a month before?

Do you want to do a weekly thing? Maybe Friday through Monday each week? This gives weekday people and weekend warriors a chance to participate. I'll volunteer for the first Friday of the month if people are interested in a weekly schedule.

Teila likes this.
  10. Teila

Teila

Oh, well, either is fine. :) Sounds great, Tony!

11. Teila

Teila

I will do the third Friday then just in case we do not get anyone else interested. :)

@Lime_x Would you like to do it on the second or fourth Friday? We actually have four left.

This will be fun and I was looking for a way to get back involved with the Unity forums.

TonyLi likes this.
  12. Lime_x

Lime_x

I think the fourth Friday (30th of August) would work best for me. :)

Teila and TonyLi like this.
  13. Teila

Teila

I will take the 16th and @tony, you can do the 9th if you are ready for that..this Friday. :) Or you can do the 23rd, if you would like. Or you can wait until next month...whatever is best. This should be fun so lets be flexible.

i will be in Florida on the 23rd cleaning out my mom's house so I cannot take that week.

Does that work for everyone?

14. TonyLi

TonyLi

@Teila - Okay, I'll take this Friday. Thanks for reviving Feedback Friday!

Teila likes this.
  15. Teila

Teila

@TonyLi I went back and looked at some of Gigi's old posts and I noticed he mentioned MVP but most of the threads were not really MVP. Do we want to allow for any kind of feedback? I saw some great discussions on story, palettes, design, mechanics, etc., that were not necessarily games ready to actually test.

Would be nice to see content though, and not just ideas. :)

16. TonyLi

TonyLi

I agree. My vote is to preferably have something playable, and barring that at least concept art or something more tangible than a plain wall of text. Palettes would be fine if accompanied by, again, something playable so we have some context.

Billy4184 likes this.
  17. Billy4184

Billy4184

Looking forward to it, I'd be happy to join in. What exactly are the responsibilities, besides creating the thread, putting in some feedback and getting it locked at the end?

I'd also say that minimum requirement is a playable of some kind, that's what really differentiates it from any other thread/wip.

Lime_x likes this.
  18. TonyLi

TonyLi

When Gigiwoo created each Feedback Friday thread, he'd include tips in the first post, like this. I'll do something similar this Friday.

Lime_x, Billy4184 and frosted like this.
  19. Teila

Teila

Sounds good!

20. Teila

Teila

i wonder if we should announce something in the General Forum just so folks know FF is coming back tomorrow. :)

21. TonyLi

TonyLi

Good idea. Unless someone beats me to it, I'll post something there tomorrow at the same time I open up this weekend's FF.

Lime_x, Billy4184 and Teila like this.
  22. Teila

Teila

23. Lime_x

Lime_x

I'm glad to see that you're interested. :)
    Would you like to be in charge of FeedbackFriday on the 23rd of August?
    Currently the set up is:
    9th of August - TonyLi
    16th of August - Teila
    30th of August - Lime_x

24. Billy4184

Billy4184

Count me in!

25. Teila

Teila

Hi Billy.

Tony is doing a Feedback Friday right now so if you want to see it in action take a look.

I am sure he will not mind if we copy his rules to keep it consistent. :)

So we will expect you on the 23rd, then?

I have been talking to people to get them to realize that FF is back. I already have a couple of devs coming to mine. So do not be afraid to ask people you know or mention it somewhere. Can only help to have more participants.

26. Billy4184

Billy4184

Hey Teila, I've already been adding feedback to that thread :) seems like a good format so far so I'll keep it going the same way. So yeah I'll be there on the 23rd!

The more the better for sure.

Lime_x and Teila like this.
  27. Ryiah

Ryiah

Responding to this here as it's not related to the actual feedback thread. You might try reporting the thread and seeing if one of the moderators will close it for you. I have to imagine that's how it was handled for Gigi unless he was a moderator without being labeled as a moderator.

Martin_H, Teila and TonyLi like this.
  28. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks, @Ryiah! Good idea.