Search Unity

What exactly does UnityEngine.VR.InputTracking.Recenter do?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Dreamwriter, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

So, I'm trying to center the camera when the user presses a button in a sit-down Vive game, and nothing at all happens. I'm calling VR.InputTracking.Recenter. What exactly is it supposed to do? Do I need to setup something in advance, like tell it where I want the center to be? The docs aren't all that descriptive, except to say it doesn't work with room-scale experiences.

2. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

After more research, it seems that maybe calling that is supposed to set the camera's X,Y,Z to 0,0,0, and rotation to Identity, which then allows your game to position it exactly where desired. I don't think it's working for me, though, its position seems kinda based on the user's height.

3. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter

Unity's VR.InputTracking.Recenter doesn't seem to work at all for me on the Vive no matter what I do. Here's what I had to do to get it working: first, put the [SteamVR] prefab in the scene, set it to a seated tracking universe, and then in my code call
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Valve.VR.OpenVR.System.ResetSeatedZeroPose ();
    It appears that Unity 5.4.0F3 doesn't do a ResetSeatedZeroPose in VR.InputTracking.Recenter when set to OpenVR.

4. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I have this issue too. On oculus it works fine but Vive doesn't do anything with recenter.

5. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine

I submitted a bug report (Case 824158).

6. Fattie

Fattie

7. dvr7

dvr7

I think you have to put your camera at 0,0,0 and then put it inside another empty object. The empty object need to be positioned at whereever you normally position a camera