Search Unity

What exactly are empty prefabs as the asset store decline reason ?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Spacewizard-, Mar 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacewizard-

Spacewizard-

I get this automated decline reason constantly when I submit my asset to publish: "Prefabs cannot be empty, please make sure that you set up your prefabs correctly".
    There are no empty or corrupt prefabs in my project, What is meant by "empty prefab" here? A Gameobject that has no children and only consists of a transform component?

2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Yes, that would be an empty prefab. There is no reason to have prefab of just a transform.

3. Spacewizard-

Spacewizard-

YES I KNOW THAT ALREADY!, so what's the deal? there is no such prefab in my project.
    There are prefabs that have a particle system, or have a 2D collider but also don't have a Sprite Renderer, how do I know which one is considered EMPTY ACCORDING TO WHAT?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  4. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

no need to be rude about what he said, he just explained it, obviously there must be some kind of prefab like that in your project that maybe you have overlooked.

5. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

You asked what is meant by a prefab, and I answered. Your comments referring to other members inappropriately have been removed.
    Closing because you seem incapable of posting without throwing a little tantrum. Continue down this path and you will lose the ability to participate. Behave civilly if you wish to remain.

Contact Asset Store support for your submission challenges.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.