Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What events are automatically triggered and can be used in funnels?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by xLeo, Mar 11, 2020.

1. xLeo

xLeo

According to this Unity Analytics Manual link, I believe that Core Events are triggered automatically.

The problem is that none of those events (AppStart, AppRunning and DeviceInfo) are listed when building a new funnel.

Another issue is that when I create a new funnel, some Standard Events are suggested but I don't know if some of them are triggered automatically or not.
    For example: "Hard Purchase" template has "first_interaction", "store_opened", "store_item_click" and "iap_purchase". It is not documented on Unity Purchasing Manual if any of these events are triggered automatically and if Unity Purchasing plugin uses those exact event names.

I have found an old documentation about "AnalyticsEvent.debugMode" but it doesn't seem to be working.

Is there an up-to-date method to debug Analytics Events?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Funnels are for your Custom Events that you create and for Standard Events that you use, but are not triggered automatically. You would need to add these to your code. So for funnels to work, you need to write some code.

3. xLeo

xLeo

So that means we should not use Core Events like "AppStart"?
    I think that this one, in particular, is extremely important for app-initialization funnels.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You can create whatever custom events you choose, or use the Standard Events. The core events are not available in funnels. And AppStart can be triggered after resuming after inactivity, so is not a progression event.