Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What else can I do for better performance for 3D Game?

Discussion in 'Android' started by DarkCooker, Nov 4, 2019.

1. DarkCooker

DarkCooker

The game itself is full 3D. Somehow, there are a lot of players who use low-end phones to play.
    And we receive a lot of complains due to lag or not smooth in animation.

Here is the profile in PC. We know it is more accurate to profile in Android. But the main values of tris, verts, setpass calls and batches should be no difference, right?

We would like to get more advice which part to reduce for better performance?

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Both the Batches and the Tris and Verts might do with some optimization but more importantly, that isn't the profiler but just the highlevel stats. Besides that: PC and in Editor behavior/performance can be vastly different to that on mobile, also since mobile uses a whole different GPU architecture (tile based) which e.g. has way worse performances with transparent objects and overdraw, so yes, you really should be looking at data from a device.

Here are some things to get you started:

3. DarkCooker

DarkCooker

one of the main issue is Quality setting
    We need mipMap to Do so otherwise it has no effect
    However, mipMap increase the size of the texture and I think it also increase the overall memory usage.
    Is that true?

4. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure I can follow why you need mipmaps for quality settings or what your goal with the quality settings is. You can use them to reduce the texture sizes for some builds but that doesn't need mipmaps.

You also might want to look into LODs to reduce the Tris count but really, I'm stabbing in the dark here as I have nearly no context about your game. Have you looked at the Profiler to determine what you're spending your frame time on? Without guidance of that tool, you're just guessing at optimization opportunities until it feels smooth and might be spending time.and reducing quality at the wrong places.

Speaking of the Profiler, the Memory Profiler can tell you what extra load mipmaps might have on your memory.