Search Unity

what does that mean ?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by blackbird, Jun 20, 2014.

1. blackbird

blackbird

i try to build my game with the release version of psm and everytime i got this message Error post-processing Player data: FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format what does that mean ??? by the way in the beta release it build the game without any issues

2. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

It could be a few things, there should be more information in the console log/script its referring too. :)

3. blackbird

blackbird

thank you did you notice that this release doesn't support the type or namespace name `UnityEditor' i wish i could go back the beta version lot of things work there without headache now my game is completely useless

4. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

GO TO YOUR BUILD SETTINGS, YOUR PROJECT WILL BE SET TO UNITY WEB PLAYER OR SOMETHING BY DEFAULT, SWITCH IT TO PLAYSTATION MOBILE. >_<

Nothing is wrong with your project, public preview version did this too, if you opened a project that was set to another platform before hand.

5. blackbird

blackbird

no i did but nothing work everything is broken now

6. PeterD

PeterD

Check you have installed everything you need to and crucially UNINSTALLED the old 1.0.0.3 PSM from your development PC. As for the release version not working I'm afraid it does work and the fault lies at your end of the issue.

I suspect that you have simply not installed one or more of the required updates or have answered NO when the install dialog popped up for 1.1.0.4 and so it has not deleted the old PSM install or USB driver.

More than likely though is that you haven't changed the project to PSM within unity and then hit the switch platform button.

7. blackbird

blackbird

i changed everything got a lot of errors i did my best to fix them and plugins from unity store are not compatible with the new version like animation baker , mesh combiner and and the list is long

8. PeterD

PeterD

I found that plugins like Playmaker game lots of errors initially. I was able to fix them by updating the code (The #if statements used to exclude incompatible code were missing an || #UNITY_PSM flag. It was time consuming but, not too much of an issue.

What you will find is that any plugins that use shaders will likely not work out of the box on Vita unless the creator has updated them specifically for the platform. If you are having issues with plugins it is best to contact the plugin creator as these issues will not be the fault of the Unity developers.

9. blackbird

blackbird

thx for the advice but it's really annoying after you are very near to finish your game with the beta and you expect that the release version fix your problem not to make more stuff to do :/ but it seems sony is not aware of that at all

10. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

If you made it with unity-psm preview then it will work for this unity-psm too, all the fancy plugins and stores assets should've been obvious they may not work, until there updated, or at all >_<

11. blackbird

blackbird

in the preview they worked perfectly >_<

12. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

That is very interesting, and strange. We didn't change much with regards to how plugins worked (or even anything), or what the scripting API looks like.
    I would expect the same level of compatibility with plugins with the Official Release as the Public Preview.

Could you share what kind of problems you have, and what you're doing to work around them?

13. blackbird

blackbird

most of time i get with the plugins this message error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

so i work on unity normal and then i delete the files and try to make build it works most of time exemple animation baker samething with render to texel baker but other stuff i delete them completely and look how i use a simpler script or make design change in my game i have trouble with locomotion it's blow the memory so i decided to ditch it and make something simpler

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  14. blackbird

blackbird

one more thing which works perfectly in the preview version was the ninja mecanim system now when i use it in psm release i got this following messages : here is just one exemple from the 95 errors
    MuscleClip 'Ninja@swim_right'conversion warning: 'Armature/root/spine/spine_2/arm_L' has translation animation. It is not supported.
    MuscleClip 'Ninja@swim_right'conversion warning: 'Armature/root/spine/spine_2/arm_R' has translation animation. It is not supported.

ps: some shaders models 3 are not support it too i have the impression that unity psm is like for mini game not for 3d sometime i wish i really had the money so i upgrade to the native .

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  15. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

If the same script doesn't output an error with the Public Preview, please report a bug and attach the script causing the error.

Those are warnings (not errors) and they should've been emitted also with the Public Preview. That code hasn't changed at all - but if you think it's a regression please file a bug and attach the assets causing the problem.

If anything you would have less shaders supported with the native version, since it doesn't support fixed function shaders (only 'real' shaders).
    Other than that there is really almost no difference between the native PS Vita support, and PSM (both in terms of performance and what is supported).