Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What does pushing more GUIClips than popping mean!??

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by psychicparrot, Mar 11, 2008.

1. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

I don't recall putting any pushing or popping of GUIClips into my code, so I'm not sure what it means or how to get rid of it!

Anybody help out with this?

Thanks in advance :)
    Jeff.

2. nickavv

nickavv

3. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Thanks for your help. I have no idea which field is empty yet, but it's a start at least :)

Just as a side note ... I actually entered 'you are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping' word for word into the search function and it didn't return anything related. Honestly I tried to find existing info before posting! :)

4. jeremyace

jeremyace

The search here is kinda goofy (as with most forums it seems).

When in doubt, you can always google site-search the forum: (in google: site:http://forum.unity3d.com terms)

-Jeremy

5. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Thanks, Jeremy that's a really good tip. Never even crossed my mind to go that way around!

It's funny because you kind of get used to finding things you need easily in Google so it can be frustrating when you don't get the results you expect from a search. From now on, I'll Google search the site instead - thanks again :)

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

The error in question can be caused by other errors messing up the GUI stuff. So sometimes you can fix it by fixing any other problems you may have. Otherwise it can also be caused by beginning more GUI things than you are ending. Kind of like having unbalanced HTML tags (except with worse consequences).

Incidentally, I get the impression I'm the only one who doesn't really have a problem with the search...it almost always returns what I'm looking for. Make sure you use "Search for all terms" rather than "Search for any terms".

--Eric