Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What does it cost to develop a Mobile game?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by stevenclarks, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevenclarks

stevenclarks

We developed a very interesting board Mobile Game to teach the concepts of nutrition to families and would like to make a Mobile App Game Development but we have no experience in this field.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    DBarlok likes this.
  2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

You can find developers to make a game for you via Unity Connect. Cost can vary a lot depending on the complexity, whether it is single-player or multiplayer, whether the art assets are already done, etc. But as a very general guideline, expect to spend somewhere between $5k and $10k for quality work on something like this.

Ryiah, Joe-Censored and II_Spoon_II like this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It entirely depends on the amount of work involved, and how much value a developer places on that amount of work.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I recommend browsing the game postmortems on gamasutra (and wherever else you can find them) to get an idea how these things go. Some will list budgets, schedules, team size...

https://www.gamasutra.com/features/postmortem/

And as you're talking mobile, this book has very good advice for those who are looking to contract out app development. I always ask "I have an idea for an app" people to read it so I don't have to explain Apple's app review process and guidelines and how to scope out the project, design for mobile, etc.

https://ideatoiphone.com

Ryiah and JoeStrout like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.