Search Unity

What do you look for in a dialogue system?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSenpaiCode, Feb 2, 2019.

1. TheSenpaiCode

TheSenpaiCode

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

I’m currently developing a dialogue system for unity and as it stands the dialogue system is really advance with many features.

Before I finalize and finish the system I was wondering what each of you look for in a dialogue system?

I have been browsing the web and adding features that I would love to see in a system for 3D & 2D dialogue systems.

I want something that is so easy to use that a person can check on and off commands for face images, text animations, different texts, GUI box’s and much more.

This system will be one of the easiest and best systems for any game that using a dialogue system for unity out there. visual novels, RPG, FPS, JEPG etc. With many different options for GUI for each genre.

So what do you look for or want in a dialogue system?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

sys·tem
    Dictionary result for system
    /ˈsistəm/
    noun
    noun: system; plural noun: systems; noun: the system
    a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network.
    "the state railroad system"

The proper word might start with 'F' and end with "eature".

3. Murgilod

Murgilod

I'm not sure what you even can offer over Dialogue System for Unity. It's very feature comprehensive and easy to use, two things that a new system is going to have trouble reaching.

TonyLi and Ryiah like this.
  4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I normally look for @TonyLi in the "published by" section.

If you are interested in some really good feedback threads, you can always search his forum contributions. He's been fairly open with his development process, and lots of his community feedback is publicly available.

Ryiah and TonyLi like this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

This sentence is implying that the asset has already been created but the rest of your post doesn't seem to be suggesting that at all. After all how can an asset be finished if you don't know what people want in the asset? It's likely just my weird way of interpreting things at times though. Can we have more information on the asset itself?