Search Unity

What do I need to make a simple RPG battle system?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by LuckyDucky12, Mar 13, 2018.

1. LuckyDucky12

LuckyDucky12

I'm new to coding. Right now I only know how to use C# to move objects, or change their color, but I want to do more things with it.

I want to make an RPG battle system, but I don't know what what I need to type into Monodevelop to do this.

Right now it doesn't need to be complicated, or anything, I just what to know what in this scripting API manual I need to study to create a system where I can attack, and a variety of enemies can attack.

2. methos5k

methos5k

Honestly, you'll do yourself the most good if you learn the basics of scripting/C# and the Unity essentials.
    That will enable you to feel comfortable at solving your own problems. You might not be masterful or complete over night, but you will be off to a great start.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/s/scripting
    and
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/interface-essentials

Followed by trying some basic tutorials, writing them out yourself as you follow along and after that, trying to add/modify the existing code to make it unique. :)

StickyHoneybuns likes this.
  3. LuckyDucky12

LuckyDucky12

I appreciate you sending me this! I'll be looking into and trying to remember the information I learn here.

I didn't mean to sound impatient, or like I wanted to avoid learning everything coding had to offer forever. I just don't see the point in learning EVERYTHING there is to know about coding when learning specific functions will be sufficient.

However, If I have to take the whole course, I will.

4. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Most of what is covered in the topics linked will be what you'll need day to day to do anything other than trivial coding tasks.

They are far, far from being everything there is to know about coding, but are a good place to start.