Search Unity

What data Runtime Persistence saves?

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by luisch125, Nov 28, 2019.

1. luisch125

luisch125

Hi, is this a quick way to save a scene at its current state?, or just saves stats, inventory and other core systems?

I'd like to keep my project with the minimum packages/assets installed and maybe this package is a nice addition to achieve this.

Thanks!

2. michaelsci

michaelsci

Unity Technologies

Hey!

Game Foundation's data persistence will only save data relevant to our systems such as inventory and stat data. Other scene data such as a game object's position will be up to you to save right now.

Hope this helps,
    Mike

mingz-unity likes this.
  3. luisch125

luisch125

Thanks for the reply. I'm building a save/load system for a project I'm working on, and I thought this could save me time. Are you planning on including more data to the system?

4. mingz-unity

mingz-unity

Unity Technologies

@luisch125 yes we're looking into providing a more general-purpose data persistence layer that can be leveraged by custom gameplay besides the built-in systems we provide.

Stay tuned for the latest update. In the meanwhile, feel free to let us know what you'd like to see in such a system (details like your project needs, developer workflow, etc. are all helpful).

kvfreedom and erika_d like this.