Search Unity

What could make asset bundles not go well over source control?

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by PhilSA, May 24, 2020.

1. PhilSA

PhilSA

I've been butting my head against a problem for weeks now, and I'm looking for guidance.
    • I have a unity project that uses perforce for version control
    • When I pull the project from perforce, I'm missing a lot of asset bundle assignments for certain assets. By this, I mean that there are plenty of assets in my project that are supposed to be assigned to "BundleA", but are assigned to "None" instead (in the little dropdown menu at the bottom of the inspector). My coworker who pushed the changes has all assets properly assigned to the right bundles
    • When I look at the .metas of the assets that are missing their bundle assignments, I do see that they have the "BundleA" assigned to them (in notepad++). It just doesn't seem to appear in the inspector, and the bundles aren't built when I try to build them
    Does anyone have any theories as to why that could happen? Or any leads as to where else the assetbundle infos could be stored if not in the .metas of the individual assets? I have nearly zero prior experience with asset bundles, so you can safely assume I'm having this problem for the most stupid reasons

thanks!

Last edited: May 24, 2020