Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What could be changing the way gravity is applied to cc.simplemove between scenes?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by SL33P3RHLD, May 14, 2018.

1. SL33P3RHLD

SL33P3RHLD

I am using a character controller, and the simplemove(), so that gravity is auto-applied. However, within separate scenes, the player falls at different speeds. One scene in particular, the player is falling at a very slow rate. I have checked the physics settings for changes to gravity, which there are none. Beyond that, the character, many of the objects placed in the scene, and most of the core systems are prefab assets used throughout each scene. I have checked by jumping and/or falling close to another prefab such as a tower we use as the characters spawn point, and the falling is at completely different speeds. Since the terrains are unique to each level, my first assumption was that they were created on different scales, causing the issue. The testing near prefabs means that it is not. Is there a specific setting between scenes that changes the world scale? Time/Gravity are both at their default values in each scene. Thank You!

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Most likely you're applying a force that counters gravity or you're intermittently setting velocity directly overidding the forces gravity it applying.