Search Unity

Official What assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

24.0%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.1%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.0%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.5%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

44.6%
  6. Extensions

36.9%
  7. Shaders

28.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Yes sure, here is an example in circled area

Attached Files:

2. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Thanks bring this up again. Will look into this.

3. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Looking forward to have your feedback on the new my assets page.

4. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

The asset page has been greatly improved! Finally. I can honestly say that it is now leaps and bounds above the original one. Great work!

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  5. mgear

mgear

would be nice if 3d model packages were required to include wireframe screenshot, to quickly see if they are too high poly looking.. (just now browsing for some 3d plants, many packages doesnt even list polycount in the description)

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  6. Runemark

Runemark

Hi mgear, I totally feel you. Thankfully, Sketchfab embeds are a great way to preview the models. Their viewer is a gift from heaven. You can pre-view topology, texture maps (if the publisher enabled it), heck even normal orientation and animations. It is lightweight compared to a webplayer or a built demo. When publishing an asset with 3D content I try to upload as many models as possible and put them together in a collection, so they don't take up space. I see that many publishers are using Sketchfab embeds but I'm not sure that users are aware to those settings. Any idea on that? Should I put a "post-it" in the asset description?

Downsides: I hear that Sketchfab viewer is terrible on mobile and takes sometimes long time to load, especially 4k textures and heavy post-process. Models can look very different from what they will look in Unity. Previewing whole scenes with lights, animations etc. or landscapes is very limited, and for whole environments, the standalone demo is still a better choice in my opinion.

7. Leniaal

Leniaal

I'd like to see the option for asset creators to upload different packages for all default pipelines, so when I'm getting an asset for my HDRP project I only have to download the HDRP variant instead of a HDRP package in the standard package.

FerdowsurAsif likes this.
  8. bloodwolftico

bloodwolftico

I'd like to be able to label items on my Wishlist, so I can sort through them before making a decision.

eelstork likes this.
  9. timmynator

timmynator

I want to see complete projects like TV shows Wheaiers Dealers on Discovery, Pimp my ride on MTV and clone of the games Tanks 1945 on Dendy, Friday 13th on PC

10. eelstork

eelstork

I wonder what everybody uses for prototyping with simple characters and animations; thinking of something along the lines of hyper stylized (down to 50~500 tris) characters with basic procedural animation and emotes, vocationally dedicated ( :D ) to being, remaining and readily identifying as, placeholders.

I appreciate that the asset store is a gold mine for prototyping games. As in when somebody have enough of a plan, and intended art style, that spending ~$25-$500 for assets in that direction even makes sense (and like many others, I have a little zoo of that in my bucket - prop animations, animals, characters, etc... etc...). So this isn't what's on my mind.

More like, finding it a problem when trying to demo or even just test code assets, as far as testing is concerned Mecanim gets in the way of sorting many things quickly (fixable too, but yet another issue), not to mention the more baked animations I have, the more I seem not to find just what I need when I need it.

And as far as demoing assets is involved, seems to me that the EULA would forbid republishing even free assets?

11. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

Funny, the questionaire misses the thing I am looking for most:
    High Quality humanoid Mocap animations:) There is really not exactly an abundance available in the whole wide web.
    Kubold animations are the best so far. But they are focussed on Shooter games and RPG. I would be interested a lot in all sorts of normal people Mocaps in good quality with cleaned rotational errors and feet slipping.

transat, Runemark and eelstork like this.
  12. noobynobody

noobynobody

Would like to see some terrain textures that match the Synty Studio look, but look nicer than the ones found in POLYGON Nature Pack (especially for rocks and cliffs). The asset store has a bunch of stylized terrain textures, but they just don't look like they'd match based on the screenshots.

13. noobynobody

noobynobody

Surprised there isn't an asset that allows you click a button to flatten the terrain wherever the terrain and a certain object intersects. Maybe it isn't possible currently, but it would be so useful, since flattening the terrain with a brush before placing an object there is a much slower workflow.

14. ash4096

ash4096

Can you add a page where we can request an asset and other users can upvote it.

I want to request support for Apple ClassKit API but not sure how to go about it.

Thanks,
    Ash

15. timdevil

timdevil

Are there any assets with 3d models for hypercasual games? I would like to have those human 3d models with animations.

16. NiallT

NiallT

I think the biggest improvement possible in the AssetStore for everyone would be to move away from the mobile "app store" model to a traditional software sales model.

What do I mean by that?

Traditional software sales means paying for upgrades on every "big number" release, with only minor fixes and updates on an existing license.

Apple thought the multiple "upgrades" vs "new package" prices were confusing customers, and instead pushed a policy of "buy once, free upgrades forever" which was great for them (it encourages user lock-in on the iPhone ecosystem and sells extra iPhones and iPads) but it pushed ongoing support costs to app developers with no real path to get recurrent income from their most active users. This has led to well-used apps going unmaintained and slowly becoming outdated and unusable, because once everyone who wants it has it, where's the money coming from?

The tight control Apple maintains on the iOS ecosystem minimises this problem and slows the obsolescence of apps, but things are worse on the Google Play store, as you already have a fragmented ecosystem with incompatible devices and multiple versions of the OS in active use. It's a support nightmare, and you don't get paid for the support. Not great.
    (This is one of the reasons app devs love Unity -- it basically lets us outsource worrying about device compatibility to a tried and tested engine.)

Which brings us to the Unity AssetStore.

Unity has picked up the Apple model: buy once, free updates. But Unity update their engine far, far more frequently and more drastically than Apple update iOS or Google update Android, so the support burden on asset developers is extremely high. If I've bought something for Unity 2017, why should I get all the work that goes into reengineering that asset for 2018 and 2019 for free? Is it really fair on asset developers?

And is it healthy for the AssetStore as a market? All of us who use Unity find ourselves juggling a complex web of dependencies, eventually finding that we can't use all the assets we want in the same project because they're all compatible with a different subset of versions of the engine, and there are various promising assets out there that are a dead end because the devs can't afford to upgrade them.

Furthermore, the "buy once, never pay again" model leads some asset developers to release early versions with promises of future features that never arrive, and buyers end up never getting what they paid for. How about instead being able to pay a small amount for an incomplete early version and then upgrade to the full thing when it's released would encourage people to get involved early without committing to the full cost?

The market for Unity assets isn't a casual user market like a mobile phone app store -- we're more sophisticated and we're generally paying for things we want to fill specific dev requirements, so a system that respects that would be better for everyone.

a6h, Voxel-Busters, jbooth and 2 others like this.
  17. vertexx

vertexx

What I would like to buy...
    A tool that gives me , with keyboard shortcuts, the ability to constrain an axis during translate procedures.
    I don't mind draggin' the mouse afterwards...it's just selecting the axis...

Clicking on arrows to select an axis is sometimes horrible and inconvenient.
    So a tool or whatever to allow users a keyboard shortcut or hotkeys equivalent to the axis arrows?
    Anyone willing?

18. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Not sure if this does what you want, but it sounds like something this might do: Peek

ron-bohn likes this.
  19. vertexx

vertexx

Thanks, Andrew,
    Couldn't see anything much there.
    Transform operations still seem to only use the arrows gizmo to select an axis.
    Apparently PEEK Prefs will allow an increase in gizmo size and the PROBE tool will allow selections from behind the cursor and overlapping objects. Those were the closest thing to my wishes...
    But I couldn't see any references to keyboard shortcuts for axis selection/deselection.
    PEEK seems very similar to MonKey...does everything except!

20. gvaxtv

gvaxtv

Hello,

I'd LOVE to have a Chromecast plugin for Android and IOS...it's all about chromecast that is now implement in All TVs and Android devices that it's a pitty that there is not official plugin in Unity to be able to cast from our phones and tablets.
    Please contact me if you want to work jointly on this project.
    Thanks!

21. vertexx

vertexx

Well there you go, There is no such thing available? What I would like to buy is ........
    An asset that will give me keyboard shortcuts to select/deselect an axis to translate. eg. Move Scale and rotate.
    Must be easy to implement. Just plug and play.
    Any devs willing to take this on even privately?
    Let me know your price !!
    Very interested in this.
    Amazed beyond belief that there is no such thing. Yet. :)

22. dirkjacobasch

dirkjacobasch

I would like to see an ocean water shader for spheres e.g. planets.

23. Marcos-Elias

Marcos-Elias

I would like to see a better spline solution that works with terrain smoothing (the heightmap), like the native feature that exists on Unreal engine.

I bought dozens of Unity assets to manage splines and *all* assets that I've found to create roads. And still got lots of headaches. It seems that there is no easy to use and simple solution to create roads and place meshes integrated with terrain without bugs or unecessary complexity. With every tool that I tested I had some problems, some were better, some worse, but no one is as good as the native Unreal spline system. At least in my personal experience.

After spending a lot of money in many tools that I cannot use for my workflow, I ended up by using the free SplineMesh asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/splinemesh-104989
    But it regenerates all spline meshes at runtime on loading, which causes a huge performance problem for streaming levels. So I changed a tool of another asset (Train Controller (Railroad System)) to bake those roads to meshes. It works, but it is a pain to manage and there is no alignment of the terrain to the roads. And somehow the spline tool has bugs that move points alone when the object is selected, causing the object to lose its precision when positioning.

This is an area that Unity could be improved in its own too. It would be great having a native spline tool integrated with the terrain system.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  24. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

visual scripting for dots would be great

25. Rowlan

Rowlan

see here:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/will-we-get-splines-in-new-environment-system.783467/#post-5225024

Marcos-Elias likes this.
  26. Marcos-Elias

Marcos-Elias

27. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

I paid hundreds of dollars on terrain assets in 2018, intending to use them when I got to the terrain design stage.

Today is that day, finally, all that hard work, (not to mention the hard work I put in making that hundreds of dollars, since I work full time in an unrelated field), and now to really make it shine.....

I go to download my assets in current version of Unity.... ....my assets no longer work with the current version of Unity.

Now I have to pay over $100 to keep half of these assets up to date with Unity. (Or I could just stay with unity 2019.1 when I release my beta in 2022... :rolleyes: )

I still am at least 3 years away from release. How many other times am I going to have to pay for upgrades to keep my versions of all these assets current? No way am I dumb enough to give these guys another dollar. If had known this is how it would be, I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED ANY OF IT.

Any asset made by a developer that is clearly the spin off or V2 of another, or deprecated and then replaced, and has charged for that, SHOULD BE CLEARLY MARKED NEAR THE PRICE, to warn buyers they may be signing up for a pseudo-subscription service. AND PROVIDE A LINK TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION, so perspective buyers can see how these companies actually do business, how often they typically will charge for upgrades, etc.

Deprecated products no longer show in the asset store, so buyer can be blissfully unaware the price they are paying for the product is the "starter price".

Let's be real, I have purchased at least 50 assets now, most have been upgraded no charge.

I will no longer trust any asset I buy on Unity, and certainly will not buy just because it is on sale. Indeed, I held off this sale season from spending another $500 on assets because I started to notice many products I wanted were from companies whose products I already purchased, that were now "deprecated". NO WAY! Indeed, these were all "compatible" with each other, which is why I bought them all in the first place.

Also, about that "seller" block feature, now I'd like to use it for both creators whose style or products I will never use, but also to block creators I never want to see in my search results again.

To say I am livid would be an understatement.
    :mad:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    dirkjacobasch and Rowlan like this.
  28. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I think part of the reason is there have been such drastic breaking changes in the past several versions of Unity that it has caused many assets to break. It puts many Asset developers in a very bad position because they no longer need simple incremental fixes but huge re-writes. As a consequence, some feel it's either best to depricate their asset or perform a complete re-write and charge an upgrade fee.

To some degree, Unity holds some responsibility for this. It seems that they give little thought to the hard working developers that sell their assets on their store (which makes Unity much profit.) I realize that progress must march on but there are too many casualties. Too many developers are finding it difficult to make a profit.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Runemark likes this.
  29. Rowlan

Rowlan

In addition to that imo it should be forbidden for publishers to sell "road maps" for their assets in the asset description. For one publisher on the store this February it will be 3 years that I didn't get what I purchased. Same publisher created a version 2 of another of his assets with minor changes and a bold road map. I fell again for that trap in September 2018. I'm still waiting. We have 2020 now. And the publisher refuses to give refunds.

30. sstrong

sstrong

With Landscape Builder we rely on new sales to provide continued support to existing customers (although I don't think this is a good business model). I can understand why other publishers have moved to a yearly new product cycle. As you say, I don't think the average asset buyer understands the complexity and cost of maintaining feature-rich assets with all the breaking changes that happen with each Unity release.

We've gone with a feature-rich tool rather than releasing multiple smaller tools (which probably generates more revenue for those publishers who do that).

Most software publishers (outside the Unity ecosystem) have moved to a subscription-based support model (including Unity with their own toolset). However, the Assetstore currently doesn't have any similar support mechanism so some publishers are compelled to create their own "support framework" within the Assetstore rules.

TeagansDad and StevenPicard like this.
  31. pistoleta

pistoleta

Considering Apple Sign in is going to be obligatory for any iOS app using third party authentication methods on April 2020...
    It would be nice to have a working Apple Sign In asset. The current one is full of bugs and it has not been updated since past October. Community is relying on third party libraries and I think it's embarrassing.
    Thanks for reading

32. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

That is the way it has always been. Most sales come from people who never actually use the product in any serious capacity. There will always be noobs who want to buy their way into making a game. I should know, I was one, and the market is only growing.

"provide continued support to existing customers"

I never needed support, I bought the products intending to use them in the future. Except when that future came, (a mere year later) they were obsolete. So I paid hundreds of dollars for nothing.

Right now, my only recourse is to do a massive review carpet bombing campaign. Just don't feel like writing up a dozen+ 1 star reviews at the moment. But nothing will get me my money back. I probably will carpet bomb, eventually, once I get back to what I put on hold when I realized I could not use what I bought, and get angry about it again. Not that it matters. In a year I am expecting the corporatese "unfortunately we have decided to deprecate this product" and all reviews will be gone, thrown down the deprecation memory hole.

Now I am just rolling my own terrain and landscape generation. In all reality, I have found most assets I buy to be lacking in what I need. So to pay $50 just for a couple of features is just not even an option any more. I am sticking to art assets from here on out.

I am still pissed and feel ripped off though. I never even got to use what I bought. Most of it was never even downloaded. No point. I am not giving them more money. No way, and I have to use the SRP, and have every intention to keep Unity up to date at least for a couple more years, until my project is large enough where upgrading is too much hassle.

I cant even begin to imagine how I'd feel if I actually invested a couple months or more learning all the ins and outs of these programs, and then finding out they are all going to need money for upgrading. I am glad I got out with just a loss of money, and not a loss of my precious time. The thought horrifies me now of investing months into a product to all of the sudden have it be a subscription service. I'd either have to pay, or tear it out of my game.

Postal.

Dodged a bullet.

To think I was looking to buy many of their other products too, but decided to hold off. Very good idea.

IIRC, I even said I was OK with them asking about upgrading and charging on the forums.

But that was their core program! I didn't know they would start charging on all their stuff, and all their friends who were compatible with each other would do the same. Almost got stuck in a compatibility tar baby.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  33. unitedone3D

unitedone3D

Dear OP, Just a 2 cents.
    I may be extremely late to the party but here goes (nothing):
    - Assets that are more modular, especially scripts; with scripts it's really the wild west, because scripts selling all assume that you understand (at basic)
    and that is a bad (pre/sum)assumption. Some people do not have a PhD in coding like some people writing on the forums and spent their entire life writing code.
    Thus, modular scripts is where it's at because you better tell what is what instead of some 'rigid' compact 1-Script that contains everything; which is
    understandable (and better in that sense - but not, for the buyer...only for the writer/coder). Let me give you an analogy; it is like you making little
    doodles/scribbles in your school book - tons of them all packed up in a condensed mishmash soup...what do you think happens when someone inadvertently
    opens your doodlebook while you're gone? Exactlty, they are lost. I don't speak codese, I can't uncode your code lingo legalese in 15min, I am not a robot
    and yes, I try to learn (like 99% on here) but 'when push comes to shove'; sometimes, I am like 'd*rn....whatt the (ACtual).....effin', I don't know where to start/begin
    or where to end. Also, the coder/codist elitist pretention is not needed, don't tell other devs they are noobs who bite the bullet/dust each time; that's not
    helping; that you have making games 25 years and know how to code the bible in binary, c++ or z++..seriously. Keep it to yourself instead of rambling/autoflattering in forums.

I can understand that making Many scripts is just too much as modularity is impossible; but, mainly, separating most scripts; because condensed 1-scripts though
    are great for being compact - only You know it; basically, many people will not be able to do anything about that 1-script. Thus, Unmodular.
    Also, if you make many scripts, explain them, don't just throw them, nobody knows what you are doing/writing (or care?); code explanation is better.
    Plus, if you make many scripts for more modularity, be careful of making everything 'inter-related' and that every scrits 'calls another script'; like
    a big 'web' of cobwebs...if one Tiny script in that does not work - that's it whole sht...doesn'T work. Many times this had happened to me.
    100s of scripts, 1 of them does not work/is unfixable, 99s of them don't work anymore after that - because, that 1 script is, Referenced by All these 99 scripts. That entire project is rendered futile/useless, except the rest like modeles/textrues assets.
    Us devs do not have an entire year to fix/refactor 999 scripts. This is also applicable to like the 3DGameKit by Unity, a great one, but some of the stuff/script-wise
    is unmodular and very 'own-game-centric/'this-game-only' thing, and you can see Many references in Other scripts and Other scripts Referencing Other scripts....etc.
    Makes it useless, except for this sole and only game project. I know that video game creation is a 'tailored/customized' 'custom-For-1-game' act and tools are refined/customized just for a single game because of the extreme Specificity/Speciation Needs of that 1 game (it only works that 1 one, thus, Each game is Totally different 'custome' thing); but modularity is important to make the assets
    of any use. Otherwise they are 'closed assets', only working that 1-project or that 1-thing...[1-trickpony/thing].
    If making less scripts, like 1-script that does it all/1-modular thing, then, there should be 'paragraphing/explaining' in it; and explaining the zillion of code chunks of it and saying: ''this..relates to weapons...this relates to charactter control...this relates to...''
    In the middle age mostly just a monk could decipher chinese or latin scripts...today it's the same. If I open your codebook, it's unreadable, except to you.
    Otherwise, you need to 'split' the scripts in many tiny scripts that all do something everything; albeit, I know this is not recommended because you can end up with Thousands of scripts; which is overbloat. But, at least, you Know what each script does.
    That's not the case with 1-Script-Does-it-All. It's like opening 1 pandora box...it's just 1 of them..but it's still a pandora's box. [Good luck with that].
    Asset developers are wonderful and extremely talented; many have taken steps to improve modularity of their assets and make their stuff a bit less specific and possible to use on 'many types of games'; we needs specifics sometimes; but sometimes we need modularity & generality too.
    Like makking video games, it's a balancing act,
    These may sound general or very negative complaining but this is, in general, what is wished.

Just a 2 cents.

PS: Also, things like 'fighting' against the engine, taht should be anymore. We should have (had) realtime raytraced 'path-tracing' GI a longtime ago, Not need to code anything whatsoever (you read right),
    AAA games continue to be made and continuously we can't duplicate them because tools no working. Tools should not fight with them, tools should Accelerate your game creation.
    Because, ''Don't work harder. Work smarter''.

PPS: Also thank you immensely to Andrew the Asset Store manager, for your help and great consideration, Assets store buying is not taboo or hated anymore; with so much people screaming asset flips or shovelware any seconds someone dares buying an asset To Make a game. Democratisation of tools/game creation tools and elements has made people think we don't deserve it, when clearly people don't realize the amount of work it takes to make an entire game as solo dev or micro-team. Without you or the asset store, as you said in your own words; many games would not be. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    AndrewAssetStore likes this.
  34. transat

transat

@AndrewAssetStore Has "updated items" been removed from the My Assets status options??

35. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure there was an option for that? You can order by updated time.

36. transat

transat

@AndrewAssetStore There was such an option and now it's gone. And no I can't order by update time. Not if I want to see if an asset needs updating on my drive or in my project. I've replied in greater length in the conversation you and I are a part of. The one called "Urgent call for attention. CX / UX disaster." :)

37. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

I see -- the option exists when using the Asset Store through the Editor, but has not existed when using the Asset Store through a web browser. In 2020.x and above, the Asset Store option in the Editor will forward users to the website, where the option does not exist.

38. transat

transat

@AndrewAssetStore

I've been using a combination of:

1 - the online store: to quickly check if there is an update (using a hack to get around the 9 clicks it takes to view all recently updated assets).
    2 - the 2019.3 in-editor store: to download the update.
    3 - the 2020.1.0 package manager: to install the update into my project.

Now that the bug preventing anyone from seeing updates in the 2020.1 package manager has been fixed, I thought I could shave a good twenty minutes off this process by skipping phase 2... because I was pretty sure that the online store also had this "has updates" checkbox (considering it relates to updates in my local asset-store-folder and not updates to the assets in my project). But perhaps I just got confused with the option from the 2019.3 in-editor store. Oh well... I shall go back to the 3 step process you guys have designed for your users.

By the way, have you considered adding a 4th step for users wanting to update assets they've purchased from you? I think 3 steps and half an hour of my time is just too streamlined for something I need to do daily.

39. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'd like to see enforced conventions, especially naming conventions. Some publishers think their assets are more important than others and have folder and file names alle in uppercase and if that doesn't work they prefix them with underscores and other special characters to bump them up. It's really annoying. Others have everything in lowercase etc. There are conventions for a reason.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Voxel-Busters, Gekigengar and transat like this.
  40. transat

transat

+1 for enforced conventions. Examples:

- Which assets are meant to go in the Plugins folder? How come so few ever install there?
    - Why do I need to look for tools sometimes in the Tools menu but most often in the Windows menu? Even Unity itself doesn't seem clear... for example, the "Terrain Toolbox" sounds like perhaps a good candidate for the Tools menu? Personally I'd like to see all non-Unity menu items out of the Windows menu, except when they are a currently-open non-docked panel/window. That would be more in line with convention (of any OS I've ever used and most apps I've ever used).
    - I'd like for a simple way for developers (and/or users) to confirm what version of Unity and what SRP pipeline each package works with. I shouldn't have to read the asset description to find this out. Especially when some developers write tricky things like "HDR-ready".
    - Every normal texture should have the exact same postfix, so should Albedo textures, Roughness, etc...

TeagansDad and Rowlan like this.
  41. transat

transat

Also, I'd like for the asset store and the package manager to be in sync...

The asset store now has Microsplat 2 versions ahead of what the Package Manager is telling me...

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 8.28.01 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 8.28.19 pm.png

...especially now that you've killed off the possibility of importing from the asset store in 2020.1.

EDIT: On the other hand some assets in my Package Manager appear to be 2 versions ahead of what the asset developer has released. So I guess it evens out?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  42. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

Still no hide option in the store. We can favorite, but not hide or block. Not a single item, not a contributor, nothing. No hide/block.
    Hiding or blocking does not even require an email like favoriting does when something goes on sale.
    I KNOW FOR A FACT this is not a difficult technical problem.
    So there must be another reason, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess....

Imagine, Unity's Asset Store Financial revenue stream department, 11:36 AM, after 36 minutes of another fruitless, pointless meeting where everybody brings their best corporate jargon to impress their superiors in anticipation of their next performance review, trying to figure out how to best make themselves appear as important as the code monkeys doing all the real work...

"... our potential revenue throughput ratio per click analysis reports say that items hidden by our potential revenue contributors* have zero chance of ever being purchased"

"... however, if they hide an item they already purchased, there is a small chance they may repurchase the item unaware they hid it!"

"That settles it, I vote we NOT ALLOW our potential revenue contributors to hide assets they might not want, but, we can make them feel like we care by allowing them to hide assets they already purchased. All in favor, say Aye, all opposed remember your performance reviews... ....... the ayes have it unanimously, passed. Now lets get lunch!"

And, viola! We, the potential revenue contributors, get a hide function! For items we already bought? WTF?

AND you know what, I almost sent feedback to the unity asset store via feedback, but please, send me a rep, and tell me, "well, gee, uh, nurbuddy here ever thought of that before.... store been up fer 8 years, and II guess nobody ever considered lettin you folks hide things you know you'll never wanna buy"

I shouldn't have to send feedback on this one. It is not some great Einsteinian outside the box thinkin here I am proposing. Something really, really stinks here.

*corporatese for customer

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  43. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

Workflow tabs like in Blender.

upload_2020-2-14_14-59-26.png

I work with multiple workflow in the editor, level design, scripting, shader and materials editing, animations, AI, custom editors for my datas, etc.

Sure there is the Editor Layouts, but it takes a few more clicks than just switching tabs, and harder to setup than just editing the layout and just switching tabs.

This would be really helpful to have for productivity!

44. Ne0mega

Ne0mega

https://forum.unity.com/threads/six...grade-and-review-asset-store-policies.842701/

1. Section 9.1 ( https://unity3d.com/de/legal/as_provider ) misleads all Asset store customers
    2. Allowing publishers to charge for an upgrade when they never mentioned they would be doing so on their asset store page is unfair to customers
    3. Allowing publishers to charge for an upgrade when they never mentioned they would be doing so on their asset store page is unfair to that publisher's competitors.
    4. Upgrading and maintenance is necessary for any publisher to continue selling an asset on the Asset store. There is no clear demarcation, and no clear enforcement regime about this.
    5. Scrubbing negative reviews because the publisher feels the negative review is unfair, or does not address their product in the way they want their product to be addressed, makes the entire review process a joke.
    6. Allowing publishers to claim on their asset store page that more specific features are coming can lead to false advertising and bait and switch.

StevenPicard, transat and JBR-games like this.
  45. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This is a very good point. There are some publishers that have promised upcoming features only to turn around and require an upgrade fee when the promised feature(s) is what motivated you to buy the asset in the first place. I firmly believe publishers should have the right to do this - but this should clearly labeled in the upcoming feature's description from the start (not a few months after being there.)

I know there are many great publishers that are trying to make an honest living (or extra money) with their assets and many more that deserve to make more money than they actually do but promised features should be clearly labeled as free or paid.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    JBR-games likes this.
  46. Leniaal

Leniaal

Please consider this, but also for filtering URP/HDRP/Built-in assets. It really is a pain if you are looking for a type of asset and you don't know if they support a certain pipeline. You have to click each and everyone and hope that the asset publisher makes some mention of what exactly is supported.

rboerdijk likes this.
  47. araz01

araz01

i dont know what aaa means, unles your refering to big team wurks, but i need sum shaders please lol

48. toddkc

toddkc

I would love for someone to create a multiplayer template, ideally sold as various formats (bolt, pun, mirror, etc). All of these frameworks have their own tutorials, but none of them ever have what I consider a requirement: a working example with single-player, local-multiplayer, LAN-multiplayer, private-room-multiplayer, and matchmaking-multiplayer. I would pay a lot of money for someone to make that. I know that is a huge task, but it seems like most games have it and it's very difficult for a newbie to online multiplayer development to learn with the super-basic tutorials that are available.

49. Kondor0

Kondor0

I would like more control with fake publishers posting content that doesn't belong to them or at least a way to check for myself. Sometimes I find a publisher with high quality content but no website and only a gmail account and it fills me with doubts.

50. Rowlan

Rowlan

The more severe problem imho is that publishers can link to executables of external sites directly from the asset description. One day a fake publisher will link to a trojan or ransomware. I already complained about that missing notification that you leave Unity years ago, but apparently no action was taken. In the end it will look like you downloaded it from Unity.