Search Unity

Official What assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

24.0%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.1%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.0%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.5%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

44.6%
  6. Extensions

36.9%
  7. Shaders

28.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

Are you sure about that? I'm on the package upload area.. i can see my asset with pendingreview on it.. but i everything else including select assets folder to upload is greyed out?

and when i made a quick draft asset, the select asset folder to upload can be selected, so i guess i wait their review until i can re-upload..

2. Yannick_Stoot

Yannick_Stoot

Ohh yea sorry about that. What you need to do is create a new draft.

This is an asset of mine that is still in review. If I press Create New Draft I get the same window as you had when you uploaded your first version.
    upload_2018-1-28_23-24-38.png

3. Rad-Coders

Rad-Coders

4. MostHated

MostHated

I would definitely love to see a Editor Window designer in a similar fashion to how the in game gui system works. You can drag and drop buttons, horizontal rows, etc. I hate hand coding editor windows. Reminds me of my days doing html/css. I was not fond of those days.

5. TaleOf4Gamers

TaleOf4Gamers

6. Xype

Xype

Try BML sometime, you will be happy doing this again.

I voted art but it is because there are some categories of art that are just void. There are floods in like houses, trees, monsters and animals. However go ahead other than the expensive individually sold speed tree ones, go find some good qualiity farm crops that aren't done in cartoony style.....just one example.

firejerm likes this.
  7. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

it's 3 weeks now since i uploaded my package for review, is this normal for how long those things take ?

8. MostHated

MostHated

Currently, yes. It can take up to a month right now, I hear.

9. syscrusher

syscrusher

Mine took from Nov 30 to Jan 5, so yes, about a month is typical now.

10. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I hope this is the right place to post a suggestion! I haven't seen any asset packs for scenes like an Antarctic research centre. Buildings and props correlating with ones seen in the 1982 movie The Thing come to mind:

valakot likes this.
  11. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

Can you use Standard asset script to showcase your asset? for example you have a Environment asset , can you use the FPS asset just for showcase?

12. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Asset Store folks prefer that you not include Standard Assets in your asset. Customers may be using different versions of Unity that require different versions of Standard Assets than what you've packaged in your asset. Your demo scene(s) can still reference the FirstPersonController prefab; just don't include the actual asset. Include documentation (such as a _README.txt file) next to your scene to instruct the customer to import Standard Assets before playing the scene.

A lot of environment assets bypass this by putting an animated camera in their demo scene instead of a player controller.

13. MostHated

MostHated

Yeah, there have been a few times where I had to clean up a mess of things not working because an asset included some standard assets and I forgot to look first and disable them on import.

14. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Unity sent me a mail to inform that now Asset Store publishers are able to give tags to your individual packages to let buyers more easier to find your assets. Awesome. Then here is my question, what is the different between this new tag system and keywords in metadata?

Thanks in advance. Meanwhile, whatever you celebrate or not.
    Happy Chinese New Year to everyone and wish you guys a fortune and prosperity dog year.;)

P/S: Today is the first day of CNY. I realized Unity Asset Store had never made a Chinese Year New Year sales promotion or did I missed it? This is a super big market for Asian, please consider it. Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    chingwa likes this.
  15. TonyLi

TonyLi

The email contains a link to submit for access to the publishers' forum section. In this section, there is a thread dedicated to tags.

That's a great idea! There was a landing page for Assets from Taiwan, but a CNY-themed sale would be good, too. @AndrewAssetStore @JustinCollins

16. dibdab

dibdab

who can I contact about an assetstore problem?

I had probably 14 published packages
    and now I have only 2 and all the others disappeared?
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=popularity/query=publisher:1310

assetstoreissue.jpg

they are in the deprecated folder, which I didn't do
    and the dates are fake, since they were published throughout the year and was selling them
    assetstoreissue2.jpg
    like this week I linked my WeaponPickup package in this thread and it was working then
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...s-items-that-have-different-positions.517342/

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  17. Yannick_Stoot

Yannick_Stoot

Hey man!

Unity has decided to deprecate some file types. Any asset that still uses the older file types will be automatically deprecated. You should head over to the publishers forum for more info and discussions around this topic. Best keyword I found to give the right results is "Deprecation".

upload_2018-2-18_11-56-24.png

In short. You should re-upload the assets without the use deprecated file types. You will not lose your reviews and ratings as you can just select the deprecated assets and upload a new version.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  18. dibdab

dibdab

Thanks for the info.

now I know why I should have registered on publisher's forum...

19. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

Yes, but i was asking generally, not specific to cameras, for example what about skyboxes? if my asset is about 3d models, and i wanted to add a skybox to make the demo scene better, i can't use Standard asset's?

Btw i have another question,

I logged in my publisher account and noticed few sales in this month, but, i never received a notification in my Email... anyone knows how i can do that? it would be much better to get notified by email whenever my asset sells.

Thanks!!

20. coverpage

coverpage

For the new asset store please have an advance filter button that does not load another page but pull down the old unity store slider based filter capability. Watering down filter capability in new asset store is not a good compromise as there are a lot of content, and we need the capability to filter down to what we are interested in.

21. TonyLi

TonyLi

It's probably better to make a copy of the skybox texture and put it in your asset's folder. Try to put non-critical assets like this in a subfolder that your customers can delete when they want to trim their project.

Look into using Google Analytics.

22. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

things related to this RTS game

Generals

23. Yannick_Stoot

Yannick_Stoot

This could have been elaborated a little bit more.

24. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

hmmm....U know...things that make RTS Games, tools I mean for easy making this type of games.

like tank games....U know this game starts with A main base that using it u can develop your base by building barracks, Tank Factory, Defense Turrets, Super weapons like nuclear missile, getting money to be able building power plant, building tanks, training soldiers.....you know a tool that can make this type of game...like specifying health, power, speed, time, intervals.....etc

it has factions or teams: USA, China & GLA each of these teams has its own type of tanks, buildings, etc

BTW making it for Android

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  25. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Yeah and how about including multiple cameras for 1st/3rd person, R.T.S, multiple target camera's and missile and camera camera's as well and that you can enable or disable them in the inspector plus making it so that Player and A.I characters can rotate on their local axises rather than global and you can allow users to change that in the inspector as well as getting into and out of vehicles being activated in the inspector as well?

26. mrproducts

mrproducts

I think everyone would want to see their assets approved/declined faster. It is beyond ridiculous that each asset takes over a month to get on the store.

Yannick_Stoot and Rowlan like this.
  27. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

Is there a multiplayer Fighter Jet PvP game template?

28. ecutruin

ecutruin

Something I'd like to see is an extension that can skin ProBuilder models. Given that ProBuilder is now part of Unity, having the ability to rig its models would give us a solid, yet simple, 3D modeling toolkit built into Unity.

Not only could this be a great tool for prototyping, for low-poly games that utilize simple vertex coloring, the entire game could be designed and developed within Unity.

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Would something like these work?
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/umotion-pro-animation-editor-95991

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/puppet3d-111554

30. ecutruin

ecutruin

UMotion does not actually skin characters. It just allows you to modify animations in-editor. Mind you, it looks like a rather awesome asset. Just not what I'm talking about.

As for Puppet3D, it might work. I posted in its thread to see if it works with ProBuilder. Still waiting on a response.

31. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'd like to see a gift option on the asset store.

Yannick_Stoot likes this.
  32. Deleted User

Deleted User

Just about to update some of my assets for 2018, anybody know the new size for screenshots on the new store, can't seem to find any information for resolutions required. I've noticed a lot of peoples screenshots are now sitting within a lot of whitespace, and I'd like to know how to maximise that whitespace potential by using the correct screenshot sizes ?

33. chingwa

chingwa

It's the same guidelines as the old, it hasn't changed. Unity simply screwed up the way they display images/screenshots with the new design. :rolleyes:

Deleted User likes this.
  34. jGate99

jGate99

i'd like to see AR related (Vuforia preferably) ready to launch templates or systems.

35. Yannick_Stoot

Yannick_Stoot

What do you mean with AR related? Models with a low amount of polygons and included with normal baked information?

36. jGate99

jGate99

AR related ready to launch game template, an AR surivival shooter or AR home designer etc

37. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder

Not sure if this is the right place to request,but.For the hundreds of assets for mid-evil villages, I'd like to see something similar for sci-fi. Most Sci fi packs are for interiors or panels. There were a few (like 2 or 3) good exterior packs I could find that were decent and could be used in a game with semi-realistic graphics, however I could not find anything that would be considered AAA exteriors for a small Sci-fi city/alien city. A lot of the assets I found looked like they were ripped straight out of second life but I don't know maybe I am being too picky.

38. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

You means something like this? This kind of 3D environment asset is in my to-do list since long ago. Now I'm still doing another city pack. A large one. Not sure when I will finish it. That's a city pack for Sim City kind of gameplay. After I finished that, then I will make this kind of environment. Planning is there already just see how fast I can do in my free time. Since it's just me one person doing the Asset Store.:confused::oops::p:rolleyes:

【Reference】Xenosaga III: Also sprach Zarathustra. (Release: PS2 / 2006)

firejerm and NeonTheCoder like this.
  39. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder

Yeah that looks great, would definitely buy an asset pack that looked like that. I'm not entirely sure as to why there are very little exterior packs for sci-fi on the store with sci-fi being a popular genre within itself.
    Would definitely buy a pack like that for easily 50$ at least, maybe more if another style was implemented/included as well. (Something alien maybe?)

40. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Punitive action against members who actively steal and resell others assets over discord.

Like this user for example:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/stolen-assets-scam-master-anim-system.527329/

$1000 for stolen assets marketed to new developers over an unsecure delivery platform, why is nothing done about this when they post on reddit every month about this and are clearly still making profit?

EDIT: none of the assets stolen are my assets, but that doesnt stop me feeling bad for the devs who put the time in!

firejerm and Yannick_Stoot like this.
  41. firejerm

firejerm

Because syfy stuff normally require alot more work and imagination.

Fantasy is tough, but you can make anything non realistic and its explained away as "fantasy/magic".

Scifi is still based on real world science.
    Just looks like it could be done with more tech research. Plus to look futuristic, visual cues like neon, simi transparent materials etc..

42. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder

I mean recently an AMAZING sci-fi pack came out from Synty Studios (Sci-Fi city pack) which looks great, but it doesn't work in my project as it is using a polygon/faceted design.

There are plenty of references to this sort of thing, creativity is a minimal requirement if you look at previous Sci-Fi projects (Or movies(Bladerunner, SW, etc)/concept art you can find on google) and just extrapolate and make it a bit different.

I have drawn some (pretty bad) concept art that depicts alien cities and I mainly got ideas from stuff like star wars. It's just that I am not an artist or 3D modeler so I can't make these cityscapes myself and as a single developer/or with a friend of mine, I/we can't just afford to up and hire/commision a concept artist and hand that art over to a 3D modeller that I/we hire/commision to then make 5 to 10 building models. (I don't entirely know what the commision for things like that on average is anyway, probably not as affordable as a $50 to $100 asset pack)

firejerm likes this.
  43. firejerm

firejerm

Right, well you can take inspiration from those movies sure. But will it fit your project?

See, somehow, the Fantasy genre in general, had become renown for a "medieval" style. With wizards and such.
    So to make a Fantasy game, anything medieval works as long as its in the same poly and texture level(high poly realistic, or low poly flat, or low poly hand drawn, etc)

Scyfy on the other hand...can be anything. A game based on Ancient Aliens would need assets to fit ancient times like Sumerians and Egyptians. Star Wars has it's own style. Blade Runner is based more in terms of buildings looks like a modified version of what we have today...just more LED everywhere. Same thing with Looper. those buildings were based on predictions of our natural progress. Most resembling the cool towers in other countries like Dubai, with some hints of Japanese current designs.

Sci fi genre depends more on your individual game and its settings than any other genre. Is it current time, but an alternate universe? Is it the past, but steam punk? Is it the future? Are we on Earth or another planet?

Do like I did a few years ago on a former project. Post on Fiverr. $5 for a couple of your concept art to textured models.
    The artist that get back to you first with it and you like it, pay them. Every Time you get a spare $5 get them to do some more, until you have the whole city built.

44. Gekigengar

Gekigengar

I wish there were something to help RTS projects to come easier.

- A deterministic lockstep framework that is not Photon Truesync.
    (Truesync is discontinued from development as of now, replaced by Photon Quantum, which is inaccessible to smaller developers.)
    - Fixed point math library.
    - 2D(Supports X/Z and X/Y)/3D A* Pathfinding solution
    - Vector Field/Flow Field pathfinding.
    - Basic 2D collision physics (AB Collision, Ray/Circle/Box/Etc-Cast)

Just a clean project with nothing in it, there should not be a premade RTS system in it, just the framework to base it on.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  45. Supergeek

Supergeek

At the moment, I'd like to see the Asset Store functional. Maybe Unity should have a testing server for deploying changes so they can test them first, or they need more servers. Whatever, just get it working.

46. chingwa

chingwa

LOL, yeah that would be a big help if the store actually worked on the first day of a sale! o_O
    For what it's worth, they are aware of the problem and working on a fix as we speak. In the long term though they seriously need to change some processes because this type of thing keeps reoccurring and usually at the most inopportune times.

47. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

I would like to see the Asset store actually work properly.

Seriously, fix your S*** already.

How many editors have been released and the store is still broken.
    Release a new asset store that's S*** and does not work right either.

Whats wrong with you guys for real? Do you not know how to make it work right? (serious question)

In case you forgot, the new asset store is S*** and so is the usage in all the UnityEditor's.

Maybe fire the people who made it so crappy and pay some folks to fix it properly.

That I am sure would make everyone happy.

Have a nice day.

48. stevepark

stevepark

Everybody makes mistakes. The best thing is to admit the mistake and correct it sooner than later. The new Asset store design is a terrible mistake on many levels. Specifically, all the functionality did not translate from the previous version like the missing add to wishlist option. Also the "Quick Look" layer is an infuriating interstitial step when you just want to click to the product page. The usability is ruined in favor of 'cinematic design.' ie, in the old version you could scan 100 products and categories 'above the fold' while the new version shows a single banner and a bloated grid that you have to laboriously scroll through. You have to work 100x more to access the same amount of info with the new Asset store. Please revert to the old Asset store design.

49. Supergeek

Supergeek

• More flexibility in searching.
    • Better performance, it's still dog slow and frustrating to use, and I'm on gigabit fiber.

50. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

I think Unity can officially host a contest for designing Asset Store UI/UX and open for everyone.
    Just an idea.