Search Unity

Official What assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

24.0%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.1%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.0%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.5%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

44.6%
  6. Extensions

36.9%
  7. Shaders

28.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blazespinnaker

blazespinnaker

I would like to see an affiliate program with youtube (just you tube!) where people who create tutorial videos using assets get paid a % of the assets they link to.

I think this would be win-win-win-win

Win for Unity in that more tutorial videos that instruct people to use Unity will attract and teach new users.

Win for Asset owners because it will encourage and teach people to use their assets

Win for tutorial creators because they will be paid money to create assets

Win for new users because they will have material which teaches them to use Unity.

The program could be for youtube only so that spam will not be a problem.

maz_dev, Lanre, cabled_mess and 2 others like this.
  2. core999

core999

Hello I am wondering if it would be possible to implement some kind of hide feature on the Asset Store. There is a lot of things that I would never be interested in, but I still have to browse through them to see if anything new has shown up

TooManySugar likes this.
  3. Mr.Tura

Mr.Tura

Scripts but If I look only my experience, I actually know coding so art and modelling must be great :D

4. blazespinnaker

blazespinnaker

Need a better program for charging upgrades on new unity versions. I'm finding people will abandon assets because they can't justify the return on work to keep pace with unity upgrades.

I know this means more money, but it seems like a better alternative to all of these assets people are abandoning on the store.

In general people need to be paid for their ongoing work. If they don't have a way to properly charge for it, they'll just go away. Some really talented folks have just up and vanished because of this.

Malbers and Gus3D like this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

I get a message

"Search provider is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

in the store and i canot browse any items, is this an issue with the server or could be some virus on my side ?

Thanks

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Unity could also offer a least possible deprication scheme, like they kept the legacy particles for example that still prove extremely useful even with the latest Shuriken around.

And some of the errors could turn to a mid range Critical Warning (e.g. error messages that still allow the game to play but can cause some rare issue or no issue)

This way only minor changes may be required by asset developers.

My assets are made for use in my own RPG game, so those will be updated until the end of time probably :).

I am sure many other assets are like that, would be great to have a linkage between the developers work in games and assets, this would be a nice feature for those interested to show their full work through the store.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. orb

orb

Yep, all the Unity sites were down briefly early this morning, and some backend stuff seems to still be struggling. At least 53 minutes of downtime for the entire thing.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ok, that is nice, i thought i could be under trojan attack or something :)

9. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

Did anybody remember?

There are much match 3 games is the store, but this kind is missing :)

10. sstrong

sstrong

We might have something on our roadmap like that, can you provide more details about your idea?

11. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Well, more or less one of the biggest issues I have with current terrain editors is that it's very difficult to lay out the map as a whole, then fill in the details.

If there was a way to draw in 2d land formations, mountains, cliffs, bodies of water, streams, paths, and forests then have it give a skeleton to start it would make things a lot easier.

Especially if it did multiple terrains stitched together.

12. sstrong

sstrong

Landscape Builder works with multiple terrains and can build topography from 2D images. Currently, building terrains at runtime is on our roadmap (although we don't have a date to announce at this time). We currently don't convert maps as such into a landscape (i.e. with streams, paths, forests) but we'd be certainly interested in developing that if there was a need. If you post a basic 2D image in our forum thread, we'll see what we can do.

13. dogmachris

dogmachris

I would love to see anonymous rating disabled. Would keep publishers from downvoting their competition...

Not_Sure likes this.
  14. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I'd like to be able to disable a rating. You accidentally click on a star for an asset that you haven't tried, and boom, now you HAVE to have a rating and can't undo it.

Trinary likes this.
  15. dogmachris

dogmachris

You should be able to change your rating in your download list.

16. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Change, yes. Remove, no.

17. dogmachris

dogmachris

Well, I think the store staff is right to presume, that if you buy an asset, you're gonna try it eventually. :D

18. Trinary

Trinary

I don't think so.. I've actually downloaded and tried about 15% of the assets that are in the download bin of my account.

19. sstrong

sstrong

Landscape Builder v1.1 (which is undergoing final testing) will have stage 1 of our Mapping capability. In this release you can apply textures, trees, grass and/or meshes by importing a "map" of the landscape. There are some tools included to help with the workflow. We'll have more info in our forum.

20. Kondor0

Kondor0

I think a faceset generator (like the one in RPG Maker) would be pretty nice. Many of us want better ways to create content but we also want to differentiate our project from others if possible.

21. Catacomber

Catacomber

I'm having trouble when I go to the Asset Store--when I search for an asset--say for example Terrain Composer--I get sent to a page that has a lot of Terrain Assets---no problem---that's always worked that way----and in the past I could find the asset I was searching for---but now there are all these pop up graphics that seem like ads for various asset store related items and it's very hard for me to see where Terrain Composer is on the page because it's hidden by these little blobs of ads. If I'm not clear I could put up a screenshot.

22. TonyLi

TonyLi

I think you may be referring to the new Lists feature. If you want to hide them, click Packages Only in the search filter area near the top of the page.

23. Catacomber

Catacomber

Thank you!

24. nbg_yalta

nbg_yalta

Hi all, can I use any of free assetstore assets for my paid asset, shaders for example?

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

No. You can use free assets produced by Unity Technologies. If you want to use free assets made by any other developer, you must have the developer's written permission.

26. Rasly233

Rasly233

27. GambitMonkey

GambitMonkey

Can someone please get some nice looking 3D fantasy armor packs on the store or really any armor/clothing packs at all? Tons of weapons out there. It is a shame my guy has to run around butt naked with a bad butt sword or gun! Doesn't really strike fear into his enemies. :)

Do a naked adventurer, who through no fault of his/her own has a coder for a parent, a favor and help the brother or sista get some clothes!

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  28. eelstork

eelstork

I'd like an option to view assets sorted by provider, like suggested below...

Why? More visible in some sections than others, many providers create sample assets, like just 1 animation from a bigger pack and so forth. Everybody love to sample a paid asset before purchase, at times however this can create undue clutter. In fact allowing a hierarchic relationship when an asset is duplicated in a bigger package, may solve the problem even better.

PROVIDER (top 3 asset icons or list)

PROVIDER (top 3 assets or list)

etc...

29. eelstork

eelstork

Also:
    1. The way standard packages are duplicated by some assets. NG.
    2. The way some packages break down when relocating to a different folder. NG.
    3. The way some packages just inject clutter in the project view by not having their own folder. NG.
    The above could be 99% automated with the provider only having to bother about allowing relocatable assets.

But, sorry I guess the question wasn't how to improve the asset store but what assets we want.

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am trying to buy an asset with my debit card (which i have already registered on the system for quick pay) today and the quick pay is disabled and my card is not able to be processed.

Is this some new bug, or should i check with my bank ? I checked in the bank messages and there is nothing stated there about my debit card and funds are in the account to cover the purshase.

Also i can see a 1$ debit for a pending transaction with Unity (so seems the card did link to the bank ?)

Any insight on this ? I bought an asset with the same debit card in 14th of March as well without issue.

Thanks

EDIT: Seems all is ok, i just got a message back from my bank for fraud check, probably they thought it was a fraudent use of my card by mistake, so they asked me about it and now should work again.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  31. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

Anyone would be interested in performant FOV analysis suited for many sources of FOV, like rts or shooter with lot of units? ( I mean that every unit could have it's own list of what he sees ).

32. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi.
    I see, peoples want 3d/2d assets sooo... we finished this: PBR Graveyard Pack
    Here is small preview;)

We spent 4 months on it. I hope you like it;)

Malbers likes this.
  33. 600

Voted for Art packs,
    Would like to see more city type 4-door cars (3D), there are lots of super cars & sports cars with 2 door setting, I miss the regular ones.

Mister-D and NatureManufacture like this.
  34. djdolber

djdolber

Do you have a reference? I would like to add Bloom in my effect and interface, should I write my own shader for that or can I use the Unity standard Bloom?

35. TonyLi

TonyLi

No, but if you search the forum you'll find that Unity has answered this a few times already.

You can include Unity's standard Bloom. If it's part of your core product, it's probably worthwhile to mention this to potential customers in your product description. If it's just for a demo scene, I don't think you need to mention it.

36. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

if someone is looking for an asset idea to do, A Fishing toolKit, it hasn't been done yet. and it might interest someone people including me

37. ThanaOrchard

ThanaOrchard

What kind of style / visuals were you thinking for this? There are lots of 2d anime / manga style faceset generators like RPG Maker's but I haven't seen many in other styles or in 3d (maybe it can take a screenshot of a 3d character portrait with a toon shader or something).

If you or anyone else has any specific ideas in mind for a faceset generator I'd love to hear them!

This would be really cool, were you thinking of any specific fishing system from a particular game? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is from Ocarina of Time and some old 2d side scrollers with fishing minigames, but I know lots of other RPGs have had fishing systems, and there are plenty of dedicated fishing games out there with more complex fishing mechanics as well.

This and the faceset generator would be fun to get into, so if anyone has any input / requests regarding these ideas I may start working on one or both of them, and if I think they have potential I'll start a WIP thread.

38. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i think a basic one like zelda would be cool, with line casting, reeling, rendering of the line, hook physics, then user could just hook its logic or minigame over it, like a mobile game would do differently than zelda gameplay.

39. Formuzal

Formuzal

Hello, can someone create physics like in game Backflip Madness?

40. Kondor0

Kondor0

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. Yes, I know there's some 2D anime faceset generators out there but all of them have problems: not a clear license, not an english version, limited styles, bad quality, etc.
    A faceset generator similar to the one of RPG Maker but sold on the Asset Store so it can be used with Unity would solve a lot of problems for several devs, I think.

orb likes this.
  41. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

This can be created with mecanim animation states and ragdoll. Nothing special beyond setting up those two systems.

Malbers likes this.
  42. Jeremy-Borton

Jeremy-Borton

I need a terrain tool that snaps objects to the terrain. It's really annoying having already placed biomes and then needing to add some slope and hills there, and then re-position all the objects. WHY aren't they snapped to the terrain so that I can change things easier? Wish someone would make a script Or a tool that resets all objects under the parent node which has the script rather than every object. Please make this, and thank you!

43. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Could this solve your issue?
    The video shows a grounding alignment feature of the tool - which could be performed after terrain deformation is complete. If not maybe contact the asset provider directly to update the tool with the feature.

44. sstrong

sstrong

Did you check out Landscape Builder? We'd be happy to discuss your requirement in more detail. We have a dedicated Beta Program to ensure users get the features they need for their game development.

45. Jeremy-Borton

Jeremy-Borton

I figured out a hotkey that does the job!Select Object, Hold Shift and Ctrl, position the cursor in the white square, and move it a smidge, and it instantly snaps to the current terrain level. (works perfectly with one object, However it doesn't work very well with groups of objects)
    I just looked at Landscape Builder, and it's probably not for me as I love to micro manage building my landscape. Looks great for quickly getting terrain maps created. Erosion Brush already allows me to differentiate between Crag and Sediment textures, and so I probably don't need it as good as it looks.

I looked at ObjectMaster, and I'm definitely going buy it. It can drop objects onto whatever collider is below them (IE. a terrain collider, other objects) Also it can bring object to view if you can't find an object. It can snap objects to other objects (very nice for structural object placement) Also it can scatter a group of objects over a flat radius or 3d sphere or 3d square. Also it can quick rename masses of objects. I can see this being a must have.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sample case
    About longer asset titles in the store, that may cover most of the description window upon entering the page.

I wonder if there is a chance to change the way the title of assets is displayed, since it is now not possible to see the description when entering the page if the asset title is long, the font is very big and a bigger title pushes the asset description way below the shown window, so there is manual work involved to see the intitial description and feels akward if need to browse a lot.

It would be best if the title was in smaller font based on its length, or displayed above the asset, as it seems very wrong now for longer titled assets and is visually strange to see a window with just the asset title for example and no description.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  47. Robiwan

Robiwan

Hi
    We are the creators of these assets. We can look into making the art part for such an Faceset, basically you just want different styles of hair, mouth, eyes etc right?

48. Kondor0

Kondor0

Well, I don't have an immediate need for it (I postponed that project and started another) but yeah the idea is to make customizable facesets. I've seen some examples in the asset store and an editor in early beta in itch.io.

So I think there's some unmet demand for it.

49. rapidrunner

rapidrunner

Probably this is something that many already proposed, but it would be great to have some easy way to create procedural planets and such; with the capability to do transition from planet to space.

At the moment you can accomplish this, with different assets but it is a mix-match of different components, and it takes a lot of customized code to have everything integrated correctly.

Ideally the whole thing would be implemented in an asset pack, for a one-stop solution.

50. FPires

FPires

I posted a free model on the Asset Store:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/67297

Screen_1_small.jpg

Would you guys be interested in more models like this? If so, at what price?

Out of curiosity, what style would you be interested in? Realistic, Cartoon?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016