Search Unity

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janpec

janpec

Oh damn I forgot that Unity doesnt have volume fog. Maybe you could place another plane mesh under water plane and put some "fog" texture on it with blue color. However it should be transparent at least 50%. Or you could place animated tiled ocean texture on that second plane under water surface, again with at least 50% transparency. You can find script for switching tiled textures on forums. You just need to think of something to make water more believeable right now it is too transparent. And dont try to make diffuse color of water less transparent, it will look worse.

Here you have shader for volume fog: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/76113-Volume-Fog-shader
    If you would implement that you would solve problem imidently. Just put some cube mesh under water plane and attach that shader on it,

2. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I actually tweaked my water last night and i looked SWEET... but it is too reflective for my taste... i could probably clone the water mesh and use the fog shader... in the actually game view the water looks awesome... i could easily fade the main water surface completely and add a fog mesh under the water :)

Awesome find

3. janpec

janpec

If i were you i would be all over volume fog shader right now:D

4. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

$Atlantis_0001_Daytime water.jpg $Atlantis_0000_Nighttime Water.jpg

I checked out the volume fog...definitely not what I am looking for :(... looks like I may have to try to make my own, or fake it with a ramp

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. BlueRadius

BlueRadius

6. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

You don't need to say anything, it's beautiful and I want moar!

7. lazygunn

lazygunn

Spose i may as well pimp stuff

Showing off the dynamic shadows for unity free/mobile

If anyone has a very decent android phone (Runs well on Galaxy S2, like poo on Desire) - you can try this, very early stuff just messing around

Not doing a webplayer yet as i'm having problems with it

Consider it a plug for the Shadows toolkit that you can find on this same forum, its good stuff!

8. BlueRadius

BlueRadius

thanks dogzerx!

final.....

9. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I am just awed by the amount of detail here... KICK ASS modeling

10. Rilem

Rilem

11. ivanzu

ivanzu

Speechless!!

12. lazygunn

lazygunn

Something i've been messing around with, from images above. Just click around, its not much of anything really but i'll hopefully make a nice Cabal-like out of it

Dynamic shadows in Unity free you can find out more here

Cant work out why it's lagging when stuff splits, hoping the guy who made the addon can get back to me about it

Oh, and a recent screenshot

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  13. janpec

janpec

I have put tavern scene in Unity now.

14. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I'm working on a better low-poly human model - this one is the male model.

From my work on NAFRPG - another hiatus'd project, along with Laser Cat - I discovered that my human model had a few shortcomings. First, it didn't skin well; despite my best attempts there were these odd lines that show up in Unity at a certain distance. Second, though it animated the best of any of my human models thus far, it still had serious shortcomings because it didn't look right.

Anyways, here's my topology so far...I've applied no materials at all, yet. What I'm considering doing is keeping this as a base male model, making it high-poly to generate textures, baking, then applying those textures back to this lo-poly model...sneaky, huh? :cool:

Attached Files:

15. daviddsotp

daviddsotp

16. koaangel

koaangel

Hi!
    I'm currently working on an underwater sidescrolling shooter called Aqua Nebulon

If you like you can download a one level demo from here : AquaNebulon (28MB)

(I wasn't sure to open a thread for this as it's my first unity game and only a demo at the moment. It's work in progress, so any comments and suggestions are welcome)

Here are some screens:

17. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey

Re positioned the bones to get rid of those weird joint bends, still learning rigging so bare with me :)

18. lucidcoder

lucidcoder

David! It's Will. You beat me to posting this on the Unity forums. I was going to brag on you and everything. :p

19. Ar-Con

Ar-Con

Yep. Definitely looks better with some proper lighting.

The stones look a bit too shiny, though.

20. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

That helps a lot with my human-modeling efforts, thanks DSOTP!

And Mrs. Squirrel Soldier looks good, even if her chin is a bit funny...

21. BlueRadius

BlueRadius

edit: video removed, decided to add addional wire parameter controls because animating certain bones are tedious.

check next page for updated video on the i6-Arm Rig

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  22. ivanzu

ivanzu

How do you do that :) ?

23. Blacklight

Blacklight

Wow, looks absolutely brilliant! Can you show us the texture and a wireframe?

24. Rilem

Rilem

Hitting the asset store soon! Wizard Staff Pack!

25. ivanzu

ivanzu

Started working on the mine made couple of sections and im pretty happy with the results.What do you think guys?
    $mine1.PNG

26. sawfish

sawfish

I would create some lanterns and apply some lights to them. That would give it a much darker feel like a mine should have! Also, you might consider some decals to make the cave walls and path look more "dirty".

27. sawfish

sawfish

Amazing! Do you have any tutorials or sites/books that might give better insight to mechanical rigging? It is something I've been interested in and can't find many good resources on.

28. ivanzu

ivanzu

Its dark now after i lightmapped it i was thinking of adding lanterns but didnt have the models.

29. janpec

janpec

Tavern table, 1024 map, 200 polygons

30. daviddsotp

daviddsotp

@Sigma : Sorry for beating you to the punch here, you can always post an in unity version : D That'd be wicked awesome !

@ Blacklight : At the moment it's for game use so when the game is released I may show the wireframe/texture then.

@ Ivan : Lots of practice in all areas for a longgg time.

@ Asv : He's definitely not a PERFECT human, but for a more cartoonish soldier look I think he works well.

NOW to run out of here and get back to my work.. MEGAMAN STYLE

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  31. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

I couldn't help but do a quick dirty:

Just punched the contrast, got rid of the black (makes it feel "old") and went with a dark blue undertone, punched the highlights on the shingles so they read a bit better, added clouds and some "style squiggles" and a "paint stroke" texture over the elements, so they didn't feel so claymation.

32. lazygunn

lazygunn

I like

Here's a quick first level, same level i demoed in this thread weeks back, now very close to being released along with 4 others in a game that is in no way a direct copy of marble madness, at all.. its an orb.. right? It'll be out on android and is based entirely around android so the widget bottom right doesnt do much with mouse control, it doesnt even control how id like with the mouse, but anyways i'll prob post the full thing for webplayers here in a week or so and watch it miserably fail on google app store over the next few weeks

http://pourfoi.com/test/stage1

33. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey

I LOVE! Your texturing is amazing, any tips you'd like to share? :3

34. Wesley Vanroose

Wesley Vanroose

i am now doing a human face study,still work in progress.,and also i am learning mudbox:p

Attached Files:

35. janpec

janpec

For studying of anathomy i would really suggest you to get some head skull first to use it under what you are sculpting. It is great way to learn proportions and where to add or not skin.

36. Farfarer

Farfarer

Try doing anatomy with just drawing. Learning anatomy and learning mudbox at the same time will only make each task harder. Get some anatomy books - Loomis and Bridgeman are great authors/artists to start with. Study them, practise them. Then, when you understand the bone, muscle and fat that makes up the human face, give it a go in Mudbox.

37. Rilem

Rilem

Thanks!
    Some tips erm.. when texturing lighten the corners of your model where faces meet eachother. (like the highlights on the staff edgeloops) It really helps make your models pop in an ambient lit environment, where you cant rely on a specular map to do it for you.

Also, very important.. :p When doing hand painted textures, use a sharpen filter as a finishing touch. But be careful not to overdo it.

38. mcunha98

mcunha98

39. dragonstar

dragonstar

40. twitchfactor

twitchfactor

@LazyGunn: That's a really nice Marble Madness clone. You can say it's not a clone, because it's an "orb" and has some really cool background elements going on, but until you change the actual layout of the levels, it's Marble Madness.

PS. If you're going to keep the same layout, play the game enough to know the secrets and shortcuts. I tried to do the level skip, by jumping off to the sides (where the 3/5 signs are on the ground), but there's no collision out there, so I just fall. :(

41. BlueRadius

BlueRadius

thanks SawFish.

no I dont know of any actually, but I can make you a video tutorial on how to set up bones, control objects and wired parameters if you like.

what program do you use?

42. lazygunn

lazygunn

Haha i was just being cheeky, with the 'orb' think, i know well its pretty much marble madness

Most of the usual level skips in the game are there simply because it works much like the original game, the reason it doesnt work on that level is theres no collision on the 'back walls' at the moment(And in other areas of the game the ball physics just isnt the same), i was playing about with removing it for performance reasons but ill probably just put it back in for all levels (You can still go on top of the 'maze' on level 3 etc although you cant do the jump from the top into the tube on level 2)

In fact i'll reup that level with the back wall collision in and you can see if you can level skip, im pretty sure its possible when its in

43. lazygunn

lazygunn

There you, level skip to your hearts content, its set so it sees the outlying areas as floors but wont 'save' your position if you die on them

http://pourfoi.com/test/stage1/

You can do the usual level skips, i think its possible to actually get onto one of the first little islands where the pointy things are and somehow get onto onto one of the big islands from there, but i havent managed it myself

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  44. BlueRadius

BlueRadius

45. nipoco

nipoco

Nice ones! Especially the fourth from the left.

46. Rilem

Rilem

Thanks NiPoCo. :D

Also hitting the asset store soon! :p

47. NorthBlade

NorthBlade

We are working now on our first game : DYB

Nice rig BlueRadius, but i think the axis for the base is outcentered ( video at 0.21 ).

Romain

48. janpec

janpec

Rilem very good assets and nice style.

49. CkSned

CkSned

Another update video :D

Check it

50. Rilem

Rilem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.