Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janpec

janpec

Chair, destructable ready with several chunks, for those who wanna express some anger with sword on this poor chair:D

2. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

That's a good looking model man.

3. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

:] Still working on the gun

$TexturedSniper.PNG

4. vortex69

vortex69

Lies!
    That is not a chair, that's a stool (chairs have a back and maybe even arms) :D

Nonetheless, looks really nice.

5. Doddler

Doddler

After a bit of messing around with a new project, I decided I should finish my crab game. I felt the game was lacking a bit... lacking GIANT LASERS that is. So... there are now giant lasers.

Edit: Yeah, the gun is in desperate need of some texturing.

6. SquishyPixels-Glimmer

SquishyPixels-Glimmer

Since my thread doesn't seem to be getting any activity I'll try this one.

We're producing a puzzle game called Onaji and I wanted to get some feedback on the artwork. What do you folks think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  7. Blacklight

Blacklight

Sweet!

Here's something I've been working on:

Here's the thread if you want to leave some feedback:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/104041-Running-Jumping-Game

8. janpec

janpec

Key, could be used to unlock some basements of tavern and prisons.

9. Micah_Rogers

Micah_Rogers

Janpec your props and art is awesome but you need to stop using a black background for your renders as it makes makes it harder for us to see your models. I would sugest more of a neutral color.

10. ivanzu

ivanzu

+1

11. janpec

janpec

12. Micah_Rogers

Micah_Rogers

Janpec: what program are you using to do the renders? And did you say the render output can only be set to .jpg? Because I would encorage you to use .png if possible, reasons bieng that every time you save as .jpg it trys to make the file size as small as posible, this means it creates tiny artifacts in your texture/image and every time you save it again afterwords it will just get worse.

13. janpec

janpec

I use Mudbox for renders. Png makes jagged edges since Mudbox does not have AA. So it really isnt any other option i think.

14. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

When I was making the trailer I was looking for the music, and wondered what it would sound like with "The Extremist" in it, and I liked so much I decided to save it just for fun (I was never planing to use it in a game/video). Then I saved the real version with a song from incompetech.com, I guess I uploaded the wrong version. Thanks for noticing, and it's now fixed.

Thanks, I did find an spelling error on one of the trailers (that's what you get for making them late at night :)), but I could not find anymore spelling errors in the other videos...

15. ivanzu

ivanzu

good looking but you should apply some smooth on it.

16. ivanzu

ivanzu

Working on a new character for my game.Right now it has 662 Verts so its low poly i aim for 3000-4000 Verts probably when i finish the head it will have that much verts.

17. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

ooo, i like ! :]

$Couch_Render.png
    $Locker_Render.png
    $Table_Render.png
    $Stool_Render.png

18. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

19. Sollthar

Sollthar

Been a while since I contributed anything to this thread. Really awesome stuff in here. Great to see everyone improving and getting better!

New gameplay video by me:

20. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

o.o

21. janpec

janpec

@Sollthar trully great footage. Everything is really nice this is huge potential i just really really hope that this game involes some shooting, like Mass effects. If it does this is win of a game.

Just one thing, i really hope that all voices that are used right now are placeholders. No offense but i really hope that you change voices with some better voice acting.

22. Sollthar

Sollthar

Heh, thanks! There will be shooting, definately, and trading, and spaceship flying, and talking, and crafting, and everything else.

Yeah, the voice (mine, in fact) is a placeholder. I will get voiceactors once I have all the dialogue in place. Currently, I mainly record them so I can check that the correct sample is played. :)
    But that'll be pretty much the last thing I do.

23. Doddler

Doddler

Really? I thought the voice acting wasn't too bad. Some of the animations looked kind of stiff or even choppy though, kind of like someone did mo-cap with a kinect or something. :p

It really looks like an interesting game. I'm impressed!

24. Sollthar

Sollthar

Heh, no kinect. Webcams though. :)

The system isn't perfect, indeed, but it does what I need it to do at a cost and time I can afford.

25. janpec

janpec

@Sollthar you made animations trough webcam? Can you tell me how you do it?

Tavern.

26. NomadKing

NomadKing

Looks great Sollthar, can't wait to give it a play :p

27. vortex69

vortex69

A quick google showed various results, most of them were people confusing motion capture with motion detection :D
    But for example iPi Desktop Motion Capture (don't mean to make publicity, as I have never used the software, it was just one of the first and better looking results), supports webcams and Kinect, and the demo videos do look really nice. Price: ~US$600 + VAT for basic version (heck, why am I pointing it out, it's on their website).

Must admit it looks excellent for indie devs who can afford it.

28. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

:eek:oo

29. nipoco

nipoco

Looks nice! I would work on the lightning though, looks a bit too dull. Maybe some yellowish lights coming from the candles.

Best!

30. nipoco

nipoco

Oh that is great.

31. janpec

janpec

Thanks. Yes afcourse lighting for now is just placeholder default light. In final version there will be much more detailed lighting. In nightime from candles, in daytime there will be sunlight.

32. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Don't forget you can do "poor man's motion capture" with only two cameras. As long as your actors are not moving in any substantial volume, you merely need two (or more) cameras separated by a know angle (usually 90*). Make sure the cameras are in synch and preferably have matching lens settings. This is primarily motion reference, rather than true motion capture, but it can really help when working though a series of specific moves.

33. Sollthar

Sollthar

This looks fantastic janpec!

iPi Desktop Motion Capture plus 3 PSeye cams is indeed what I'm using. So far, I'm very happy with the software.

34. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

35. NomadKing

NomadKing

We where talking about ipisoft the other day and I was wondering the same things - particularly the clean up part.

From the video, the animations look pretty good to me, although there's a little 'stammer' with his hands in the walk cycle that I noticed. Almost like his hands move forwards, then stop and reverse - It could maybe use a little smoothing (since it will be seen by the player a LOT)

36. Sollthar

Sollthar

My room isn't very good (it's too long and to narrow) and I only have 2 cameras installed right now, and yet the software gives rather great results. (The walkcycle is actually from mixamo, since I wasn't able to extract a working one with my small room)

Head and hands aren't tracked, so they need to be animated by hand. The rest is tracked though and the program has a very effective cleaning up algorithm. I can really recommend downloading the free demo to check it out. It's a powerful and cost effective tool if you're dealing with a lot of complex animations. Takes me 30 minutes or so now to record and add a new animation into the game.

37. ivanzu

ivanzu

Ahhh My eyes are bleeding this is so good.I think i can forget the oblivion now :)

38. seikto

seikto

WIP pack for scifi enviroment soon in asset store xD

39. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

@Seikto, looks great! I love that its not washed out, brown and grey and depressing.

40. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Legend411: what's wrong with grey washed out and depressing?

Frivolity aside, Seikto: It does look good and the colors and saturation is GOOD!

41. seikto

seikto

hahahah you rock little angel ! XD NICE!

thks guys!

42. Rilem

Rilem

Hitting the asset store soon. :D

43. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Been revisiting and polishing up an old prototype :)

44. ivanzu

ivanzu

Finished the 90% of character probably gonna add more polys/details to the face and model the hands.So how does it look?
    950 Polys

45. janpec

janpec

Have been working on some platformer prototype.

46. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

After working on my water shader for some time, I have decided to have some fun setting up the reflection portion of my shader, which will be controlled with a mask...the only problem i have is trying to use this newer shader as a pass in my main shader...

here are some captures of the shader in action... kinda reminds me of Dural from VF5 a bit... I may run into an issue where I will be using many normal maps on the model, but I will avoid that when I need to.

Attached Files:

47. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This level looks very dreamy JanPec... keep it up man

48. Ar-Con

Ar-Con

I like the fantasy feel to it. I see it'll have a stylized theme, right?

49. janpec

janpec

Yep very deep stylized theme with a lot of fantasy feel to it:D

@Neptune This guy is gonna get angry on you for all the shader changes you make on him:D
    Last shader looks very interesting.

50. fholm

fholm

My MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game, got networking, path finding, basic weapons, etc. all working, here's a preview video (high res version: http://209.20.72.71/MobaX-Preview-Rev108/MobaX-Preview-Rev108.html)

It's a bit choppy due to the recording software being less then optimal for recording two game windows at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.