Search Unity

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikesgames

mikesgames

And now for me to post some stuff...

Timensions :)

^^Mshai , the main character. (his name means Traveller)

^^Alien Soldier concept art

^^ The golden axe. A special weapon.

^^ A Triceratops. Only a stand in at the moment, but we are working on proper graphics for Timensions.

Comments? Opinions?

-Mike

2. Sollthar

Sollthar

Looks really neat there Mike! I like it a lot! Especially the main character. Good job on the model and texture!

3. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

www.CJS-Portfolio.com

^I have some stuff on there now. I update it every couple of days with what im working on :)

@mikesgames : Great work! If you ever want anyhelp im happy to help you out :)

@Sollthar : Dont know what to say.. Looks like it should be solf in shops, Amazing work!

4. legand

legand

Im working on a PVP booth so if you dont want to do PVP you can just sit and watch

5. Blacklight

Blacklight

Yet again, Solthar unveils some amazing work :D

6. MrSmive

MrSmive

Solthar, the Vincent van Gogh. of us all (ear joke lolz) now didn't make to much of a fus about it on ur old posts but dam man please fix it, game deserves it, if u cant do it, send it over and ill fix it for you lolz...... just get it done mate it really needs it. Games looking far to good to have that bug on screen 99% of the time ur playing. Rest of the stuff also looks great!

7. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Ok, Blacklight, you lost me earlier. I reduced the lines on the characters, but what do you mean the grass is too green? Isn't grass (usually) green, just not at full saturation?

8. MrSmive

MrSmive

u need to switch for an earth tone mate, at the moment ur using a neon green, reducing the saturation wont help with a neon, as it will just get paler, so u need to pick an earthier tone green, more brown less white.

9. bgivenb

bgivenb

Dang, thats looking pretty dope! I cant wait to play it. What plans do you currently have for it?

10. Blacklight

Blacklight

Pretty much what MrSmive said, its too bright green, you should use a darker shade, and perhaps use a bigger texture.

By the way, is it just me, or is your grammer getting worse MrSmive?(No offence)

11. deps

deps

Been working on a train simulation for 5-6 months now. It's a simulation of a known Swedish train station. (Or so they tell me. The clients can sit all day talking about different trains or their favourite train stations. And I thought I was a nerd... ;))

This is pre-beta stuff. Hasn't payed any attention to the details yet!

Attached Files:

12. MrSmive

MrSmive

am dyslexic and half blind mate so no offense, depends how much time i have to post, normally i abuse the spell checker lmao, but some words it can't figure out, doesn't help being English and on an American pc.

Nice sim mate

13. Sollthar

Sollthar

Haha, you're right MrSmive - I kind of forgot about that being busy with other stuff. I corrected the ear now! :)

bgivenb - I don't have much plans with it yet apart from building on it because it's fun. I've no experience in the games so I don't quite know what I could do with it apart from, you know, playing it myself. :)

14. MrSmive

MrSmive

HOLLLLY CRAP YOU DID!!!! cant wait to see it man, been keeping a close eye on ur game since i got here, its always been one of the better works on here.

15. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

After working myself up into a nostalgic frenzy over classic PSX games, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot etc I decided to start my own game in the style of and inspired by them. So working on a 3D action adventure platformer called "Clive and The Stones Of The Ancient Bunnies"

So here's the main character Clive

His evil nemesis Dr Daucus

And the start of the first level of the game,

All textures are hand painted, nothing will get into Unity until I get the first level done, then comes a steep learning curve as so far I've only managed to have a controllable character run, and got stuck trying to script a jump, but I love a challenge :p, Love to know what you think so far :)

16. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

RAWTalent: I assume that you've dug thru the 2D and 3D platformer tutorials? They have some great pointers and insight into run, jump, fly, etc..

17. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Yeah I wouldn't even know where to start without Lerpz, I unfortunately am not coder minded so it's the least enjoyable part of the whole process for me :/, well worth it though I'm sure.

18. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Heh, just stick to it. I couldn't code a line before I started here, and that was about 2 years ago, and now I can hold my own. There's a lot to it, but it'll come. Keep an open mind.

19. MrSmive

MrSmive

Ok so while this epic pack exports figured ild throw some SS on here. The pics/web-player only show a tiny tiny portion of the parts available but after 12 plus hours of working on this today (Like a month of work for regular people) i can barely lift my head so you will just have to deal with the tiny portion for now, if my net is still up tomorrow (reason for the epic push) i will make something a little more extensive for you to walk around in.

There are about 100+ different prefabs in the pack and about 90 models, and all of them are available in prefab and base model formats for those who want easy map making with built in lights and all that good stuff, but still highly modifiable for more advanced users.

All models have Diffuse with Gloss built into the alpha, and high quality custom made normals (not that grey to normals unity can do) and are preset with bump specular mats, all pivots are correct and can be used with vertex snap or the grid snap (that took some doing) and everything is seamless.

Soon to be on the asset store.... once i get that figured out anyways.
    Price suggestions would be nice.

Webplayer
    - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13566733/WebPlayer.html - Graphics are better on standalone.

SS from standalone version - Unity Indie

Full Size - http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2791/01l.jpg

Full Size - http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2898/02l.jpg

Full Size - http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6987/03lrv.jpg

Full Size - http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9731/04l.jpg

Anywho enjoy Crits comments welcome...

20. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Prices... wow. They have yet to settle out. The asset store is still all over the place. I have one system for EZGui that is awaiting approval, and I priced it at $10, but it's a simple system. Useful and great to have as a drop-it-in-the-project-and-go, so I priced it that way. Buy it, use it, don't worry about it price... But an extensive prefab library? Ignoring the free Unity stuff, what's the competition like?

21. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

@MrSmive

Ok, here's my crits

Smoothing needs to be fixed on a lot of the objects (through the various screenshots/posts you've made).

The textures are too clean, even if their supposed to represent brand new surfaces, they're too clean and could use some beating up, scratches etc.

The lights are too bright compared to the amount of light they appear to be giving off.

The surfaces appear flatter than they should when taking into account the details they represent.

They're a bit too dull, color-wise. Even "space-gray" can use some extra color.

Hope that helps.

22. MrSmive

MrSmive

Webplayer kills the details, but there is a ton of scratches all over the textures, but for the most part the beams are made of a much stronger material, can't scratch something that's harder than the object scratching it.... so you dont see them very much as your eye gets draw to the nice clean beams and there rivit things lolz. Super tough materials don't get scratched lolz, the textures are also left very plan on purpose, if u check some of the other tiles theirs areas for decals and other details that the user can add them selves as it changes depending on whos using it. Could sit there and add a ton of details colors and such but would actually limit my customer base more than help, and it would be a pain in the ass for someone who wanted say a radioactive sign on a wall if theirs already an electric shock sign on there or something similar.

The smoothing groups are perfect, par that barrel that thing..... grrr, remember that everything has its own texture defined gloss levels and full specular on, ull see it better if there was a flashlite or something but the beams are more reflective than the face panels and so on, plays tricks with your eyes and makes things look like they have mesh that they don't just like normals, and with the poor light set up on that jerry rigged scene up there it really doesn't show to well. But for perspectives sake probably around 700polys for that whole scene mate.

Am not a fan of unity lights, honestly they suck.... Range has to be ridiculous to have adiquet lighting at low levels, needs some threshold cutoff stats or something to fix that lolz, but ill make um brighter.

Though i just found out i have to f**king re-import every model as the asset store only accepts OBJ and FBX and all these are .3ds! Someone should tell us this crap before hand, so thats another 8 hours of setting up a package..... such fun.

Oh yeah try the big versions of the pics might see the scratches better, hard to see them when the pics been made 2/3 smaller.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  23. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Yup... Found that one out, and my models were luckily just for systems testing and demo purposes, but the explanation is understandable:

Unity (parasitically?) leeches the original applications themselves to do the import of the models into a Unity project, so (in my case) when I have Blender models, the user must have Blender installed to import the models. This would force the user to download and install an additional (but free) application. In your case (I would suppose), the user would beed a licensed installation of Max or the importer will throw errors. In the case of models saved as .fbx, Unity can import them without the help of another application - if I understand this correctly.

24. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Super tough materials don't get scratched, I grant you. But the painted surfaces do, and most surfaces have a protective layer of paint, be it for decoration or protection from the elements.

The smoothing. I stand by that being incorrect on a number of surfaces.
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7119/96595221.jpg
    The boxes show bad smoothing angles for example. The lip on the floor, the surfaces to the back where the red and blue lights are above. Adding a small bevel would solve the smoothing as would lowering the angle.

For the overall detailing. Adding more polygons and turning a number of image details into polygonal details would improve things considerably and not effect the load on a game all that much, but visually would improve it greatly. Check out Dead Space 2 for recent examples of how nice that can look without being very taxing on the GPU.

Most packages do this, Deep Exploration for example, can't convert from some formats to others unless the application in question is installed. It's par for the course with a number of formats.

25. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@MrSmive : so sorry !!!! 8 hours wasted re tweaking your object in your modeler app ..... too bad. Indeed, we should all be aware of that kind of thing. Thanks for the info ( i'll never send a 3ds file ). Nice art work, about 100 pieces inside !!! ( if you want to do a pack with it it could be really expensive). But since it's sci fi like "dungeon" you engaged your touch inside, and sensitivity about what sci fi is for you. So it's not generic, i mean how could it be it's the feeling you have about that kind of environment ( i doubt anybody ever seen a sci fi dungeon like dead space or whatever). I hope you manage to do your package but be advised that the asset store usually raise the asset / project price ... and i really don't know how much would cost such a feature. ( dungeon construction kit is 71 euros or dollars ( i can't remember ) how much would cost an asset with no more less than about 100 items !!!!!!!!! ( that look professionnal like that)
    Hope you'll find the right answer ...
    regards

26. MrSmive

MrSmive

my eyes must be going man cus i cant see what you talking about, walk around the webplayer, pretty sure its just the angle of that ss mate, got separated sg on the parts of the objects that should have crisp edges so shouldn't be any issue with it, but unity does some funny things to sg so ill have another look at it when i reexport the 98 plus models that make this thing up. Probably should of put some of the fancier panels in the pics lmao, ones in there are about the most basic there is.

Originally this was only one part of the kit, the "Industrial section" hence the greys and rivits and boxy angles, not a place to live in that's for sure, hell u fall over in that place and uld probably die.

Personally not a fan of space games lmfao...... do like to make bk though and there's already a nice dungeon one, and i don't think a prison/insane asylum would sell to well, never know though right.

I was under the assumption that all programs could open .3ds had no issues with it with unreal, blender, maya, and max so figured it was a universal but apparently not.....

Thanks rosor, its gonna suck but oh well just takes time, not the first time iv had to remake a package lolz sucks though. there are only about 12 static mesh objects, creats, barrels, terminals and such rest are floors ceilings walls, doorframes windows and such, also have a pipe builder kit thats supposed to go with it and some droids but i think ill leave them out. I actually think the pack would make fps death match maps better than it will spaceships as it has black red blue green and yello walls, making sectioning off areas real easy, not actually intending to sell this thing for more than about $50 more for indie developers as commercial guys will probably be looking for something alot more specific and you cant do that with generics.

27. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Been working on a tire deformation system.

28. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Wow... Nice stuff SpookyCat

29. maart

maart

working on a shader for my hedges, and converting my evermotion library

30. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@MrSMive : hope you'll get your skill and time investment back .... it's time to work ...

31. MrSmive

MrSmive

man, can barly even bring myself to recompile this, there needs to be in big ass print right across the dam editor "ONLY OBJ AND FBX work with the asset store!" its ridiculous to have it in one sentence 3 pages into a guide most people will never even read. god dam retarded wasted 8 hours of compiling and now i have to re export 100+ models all because some one thought it would be a clever idea to make only two formats work and then not tell anyone what those two formats are........... Shouldn't matter what format there in when u export the package it should change them all for you to a Unity format anyway, like other engines do, for one people wouldn't end up in the situation im in and for two it would make working across different 3d apps and platforms with unity 200000x easier.

32. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@MrSmive : you couldn't imagine !!!! i really hope you that all this f...ng problem will be solved quickly and most of all that this work will be rewarded ( sold, and most of all : enough so that you can eat !!!!)
    cheers

33. MrSmive

MrSmive

thing is i lose my net today, made a mad push to get this done, about 48 hours work in 3 days on this thing to find out that i have repeat 70% of it is a killer...... thats if i can even get it done and up before midnight and its 2pm here already and valentines day and the missis is coming over, so probably wont get this done and so will be weeks and weeks before its up there and i really need the mulah coming in as soon as possible.

34. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Some old work i uploaded yesterday, They are being textured slowly but surely. These are for a private server of the Game FlyFF I work on

35. GreasyMnky

GreasyMnky

I'm still working on my fantasy character
    finished the texture and the rigging, next up is animations

I got carried away with an extreme pose (somewhere close to the middle of the video) but it shows the flexibility you have with the rig.

36. alcedo

alcedo

Trying to simulate blobby fluids in unity.

Video capture:
    http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXnohyITF

*STRESS*

My obj is to recreate a loco roco kind of game. If anyone has any suggestions as to any Super simple physics implementation or steps to go about doing it in unity i would be most delighted ! =D

*updates*

I think verlet integration is the way to go... starting from scratch now. Wondering if anyone has tried / implement something like that in unity? *hopeful*

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  37. HolBol

HolBol

UPDATE:
    Freedom tower now textured :).

Looking up from the base, which isn't quite finished, I still have the lobby and everything to make.

Just an external shot of the tower.

38. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

GreasyMnky: I just wanted to say that I really like your design and your rig looks quite sweet.

39. CoderSys

CoderSys

My current game, Alien OverKILL.

After 5 Xbox Indie game releases using XNA, we have decided to aim for a PC game using Unity this time around.

40. Vinícius Sanctus

Vinícius Sanctus

Im Currently making a RPG, started it 1 month ago, kind of slowly developing it since i only got about 3 hours daily to work on it. Here is a screen shot of my character made on its character creator (only thing i have so far).

Attached Files:

• $HoH.jpg
      $HoH.jpg
      File size:
      133.9 KB
      Views:
  41. Strangelite

Strangelite

42. wertymk

wertymk

43. Falin

Falin

Trying to make a simple rpg game.

44. Coburn64

Coburn64

Been prototyping ideas for a Portal-inspired project. Got a 3D Modeller to do me my character's model, now it's off to the rigger to rig up then pay them both, wait a bit for some cash to come in (I tutor people as a part-time job) then pay someone to do animations.

Going to tackle the title screen tonight, hopefully.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  45. konedj

konedj

46. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

I'm working on a suite of rain effect assets for both indie and pro, to be sold on the asset store. I wanted to take a short break from Delta-V, but no worries, I'm adding new features to Delta-V almost every week, and its enemies' designs are going well.

Webplayer:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20454603/Rain.html
    Feedback is appreciated!

47. RAWTalent

RAWTalent

Looks really nice, quite an elegant solution, the only thing that bugs me is it seems by the ripples in the ground water that it is raining a lot heavier than it actually is, by which I mean that there are either too many ripples on the ground or not enough raindrops.

48. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

@ScienceFictionado wow the pix looks better than the demo on my pc

49. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

Thanks, i think you are right RAW! Reducing the height off the normal map reduces the amount of perceptible rain drops. I'm putting this on sale today or tomorrow, but there will be future updates, the next major change will be a script that controls the speed and volume of the 2 particle systems (which control rain streaks, and rain splashes) and the height or opacity of the animated ripples, with acouple of central variables. At that point i'll balance out the rain particle to rain ripple ratio. My ambition is to make this effect very drag/drop-able.

@Ryan that is because the picture is from the Pro version :)

50. ryand-unity

ryand-unity

@ScienceFictionado that is so cool. in 6 months i mite have enuff get pro i have a script that sinyc the rain and splash paricels but it is on my laptop at home and im at school so maybe later i can post it. and i PMed you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.