Search Unity

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Each in a different color!*

But seriously, something like these from small construction sites:

Ok, maybe not the diving helmet... but maybe a skip or dustbin/garbage can...

*Different Colored Texture Maps might be a good idea, and simple, but hey, they are orange, no?

2. Acumen

Acumen

I really like some of the more basic idea, that can survive in environments that are not construction sites only :)
    Thx guys !

3. Sollthar

Sollthar

I'd pay good money for a good set of sci-fi furnature and consoles and stuff... Just thought I'd throw that in. :)

Good work there Acumen

4. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

5. hallsofvallhalla

hallsofvallhalla

6. NomadKing

NomadKing

I think it's too 'light' a tthe moment, if you get what I mean. Perhaps styling the title parts like a label (or maybe as parts of a ripped label that originally said something else) would work better, and would also let you use another 1 or 2 colours to draw attention to the name (http://image.shutterstock.com/displ...h-blank-shipping-label-and-twine-50552884.jpg)

Either that or something using negative space to spell out the words (like http://t2.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/09/93/89/400_F_9938960_CLvmVbt8Nz5hkPW6hM9iVdwJphSms5Kv.jpg) should make them feel more important on the screen. I really like the style you've come up with so far :)

7. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Just pulled together some angry birds style physics about 8 hours of work but most of that was art... I'm not an artist!

Video quality is not that great so you can't really see it cycling through the "damage" textures, it looks much nicer on the device.

8. bgivenb

bgivenb

Looks nice, do you plan to put on the asset store? I'm sure alot of people would be willing to pay $5 -10 for something like that.

Also try using fraps to record videos

9. Falin

Falin

I'm Trying to make a Finsh sign/thing.

10. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Thanks, but this is not for the asset store (not yet anyways). I'm building a physics game which has similar style to AB (although with a major twist). And thanks for the reference to Fraps I'll check it out.

11. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Thanks for the advice :) As I said it was just a stand in until we get a real name for the game. I will keep your suggestions in mind ^_^

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  12. wrm186

wrm186

Looks good, but is it going to be like a hovering sign? Or a is it going to be attached to something?

13. Falin

Falin

Attached to a hovering road like in f-zero.

14. Arowx

Arowx

HUD for the Nanosubs in the new version of 'Cure 'Em Up!'

15. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Falin: Unless you are targeting mobile platforms (and then maybe even then, if you have the resource budget for it...), I'd bevel the edges on the sign, just to give it one layer of added dimension and take that hard edged curse of of it...

Other than that, it's a pretty thing!

16. Falin

Falin

@Little Angel
    Yes it´s targeted for mobile devices, maybe I will bevel it.

edit:
    You mean this looks alot better :p

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  17. Jordii

Jordii

Bevel, not rounded corners :)

18. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Well, heck, why not both! But some beveling would improve what you've done even more:

19. sa7ina

sa7ina

Update for my Crazy Crane game:

-Win and lost windows.
    -Each level score updating Kongregate’s server.
    -Esc = menu with level selection.
    -Optimized to work on slow machines!
    -All crane movement and behavior problems fixed!
    -Time worth time bonus.
    -Blue object changed to Time Capsule add 40Sec.
    -Can’t get trough walls!!!. Locked in the Box!
    -Sounds Added and ballanced.
    -Crane movement more moderate and heavy.
    -Force added to the crane.
    -Levels have names.
    -Screen res 700X540
    -Keys changed to O and P.
    -Water animation.
    -3D sounds: Reverb, Dppler Etc…by position of any object.
    -Opening scene

playable on kongregate:
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/sa7ina/the-crazy-crane-physx-simulation-game-v-0-1-wip

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  20. Arowx

Arowx

Cure 'Em Up! with new GUI and basic HUD integrated, still a WIP!

21. wrm186

wrm186

I guess I don't quite get this... do you like shoot the 'virus' and then thats how you cure them? :)

22. wrm186

wrm186

My... 'okay'? attempt at the India Gate:

REFERENCE IMAGE:

23. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Wade: Bevel the edges (D'oh!) But seriously....

It looks good. I do think softening the crisp edged would help take it out of the "CG" realm.

A mid-range advancement? The big thing that stands out is the repeating pattern in the brick texture. The first solution I'd find, it a brick texture that didn't have as much variation in it, so when it tiled, it wouldn't visibly repeat but would cover the structure with an even set of bricks, and then match the more yellow color by screwing with the 'levels' or 'curves' in photoshop.

For more advanced look... I'l look for 4 different textures. There seems to be two brick textures... one with large pointing (at the bottom and top) and one with fine pointing (the middle). Then I'd find a new texture for the cornices and lastly a texture for the motif running round the top of the arch. You could probably build these from closeup detail shots of the structure - but to be honest, if you really want to know - that would probably be overkill.

24. Falin

Falin

so by bevel you mean this?

25. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Yes! It's a very subtle thing, but it can make a big difference, as most things in the real world don't have razor sharp edges, and in blender it's just a simple one click fix.

If you are using blender, then I always like to tout this tutorial:
    http://www.rab3d.com/rab3d/tutorial/608/tutorial_608-1.html

26. Stolenbows

Stolenbows

an rpg game from the tutorials from BurgZergArcade great guy that is

27. janpec

janpec

Roman shield.

28. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

@janpec Very nice, I like them!

29. Acumen

Acumen

Putting something together.
    Planning on having a bunch of lamps with a bunch of texture variations on the asset store. Just not sure about how many lamps would make sense and how much the price could be :eek:
    This is like 1/2 of the lights/lamp assets I have made for the moment. Thinking about opening up a unique thread asking for more lamp ideas and price ranges :D
    Good idea ?

30. jorisshh

jorisshh

31. janpec

janpec

Jorish amazing work. Textures are very good on all assets i just hope that current character texture gets replaced.

32. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Yay, My models are in there. haha

33. SkyYurt

SkyYurt

34. jorisshh

jorisshh

Actually the whole character will gets replaced, as soon as this is done i can make some armor and boost it a little :)

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  35. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

I'm working on improving my weapon modeling! Here's a sexy glock I made.

36. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

37. Sollthar

Sollthar

That's cool! Something else for a change to hear some music rather then 3D stuff.
    Sounds nice too mate!

38. Sollthar

Sollthar

Got into the mood of doing some asset modelling again

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  39. HolBol

HolBol

Just grenade-ing an office block.

For an fps- decided I would go for baked shadows.
    Also, anyone know if light probes will be in the free version of 3.4? And can light probes be used to shadow the character maybe?

40. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Amazing, Hopefully with my INTENSIVE TRAINING! I will get better fast so I can contribute at higher standards ;) Great stuff lol

41. cupsster

cupsster

trust me grenades don't do such visuals.. ;) just small quick flash!

42. MrSmive

MrSmive

like a pop of a fire cracker the leathality is in the fragmentation not the concusion of the explosion. Your frags look like your throwing sticks of tnt with gasolean tanks straped to them.

43. Arowx

Arowx

Yes!

Virus / Disease = Bad Guy

You = Good Guy

Good Guys eliminate Bad Guys! ;0)

44. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

More models of this structure, gotta get this into unity one of these days.

45. Skulltemp

Skulltemp

Intro animation for the intro story for my upcoming game, Emergence Online

46. MrDude

MrDude

Me, I'm busy making an account creation and managing prefab so those people new to networking can at least have that part out of the way :p It was something I've wanted for ages now so I just went ahead and did it myself...

The deal is this: You will need a website that allows you to use PHP and you must already have a MySQL server running on there. Then, if you create your tables to have the same fields as my table, all you have to do to have online account management is to drp my prefab into your scene, setup the 'Website' field in the inspector to point to your own website and you are done.

Then simply open up the various PHP file I include and at the op of them just replace username, password, contactemail, gamename etc with your relevant info and that is that... I will let the screenshots do the rest of the talking...
    $Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 11.25.57.jpg $Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 11.27.29.jpg $Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 11.28.11.jpg $Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 13.48.17.jpg $Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 11.23.27.jpg

47. cupsster

cupsster

MrDude did it! :) Looks feature rich. How's mailing managed?

48. Arowx

Arowx

Wow, great work is that goign on the asset store then?

49. MrDude

MrDude

I tried to keep it as simple as possible so it can be easy to learn and understand. As such I placed create code in a separate file to login and update in a separate file... keeping everything to a bare minimum in each file. Used basic php and nothing fancy at all (like fancy text replacements etc or reading the mail message from a file and parsing text etc... made it as easy as possible to understand)

The whole process is quite simple, really...

1. Create your account
    - You cannot use a username that is already registerred
    - You must enter a name, surname, username, email address and password as a bare minimum. All else is optional
    - Details are stored into 3 tables.
    A) The first contains username, password, unique identifier for other tables, account status, join date and last access date
    B) The second contains your personal information
    C) The third just lists emails of accounts that are not yet activated.
    - The account's status is set to AwaitingValidation
    - Receive an email to verify your account

2. Verify your account
    - As I said before, I tried to keep this simple so I don't do a lot of security checks etc. So to create some semblance of security, I store unactivated accounts in a third table. When you click on activate or cancel the account in the email link, the entry is removed from there and the actual account is either deleted or the status is set to verified. The reason I use the third file is because the link you click on only send through your email address and an indicator to keep or delete. If someone thinks it would be funny to start sending out random hits to his friend's accounts with the delete indicator set he would then delete their accounts. Not good. So by adding the accounts to a third file where I can delete them after being verified, I can prevent further activation messages affecting that account.

3. Login
    - To login you need to enter the matching username and password used during account creation.
    - Before logging in I verify that the account has already been activated and that the account hasn't been suspended again. I figured that if a user is reported for misbehaving or for having a swear word in his/her username, I could protect everyone else by simply not allowing him to login. Simple and neat. I figure I could always implement a name filter thing later also but for now I am happy with what it is able to do.

4. Once you have successfully logged on, what you do after that is up to you...

5. I also created a second prefab for account maintenance. Using this, you simply instantiate it and it throws you the login screen. Once you have logged in, it throws up all your personal info and you can edit it as you see fit. Username cannot be changed. Hit save and the changes are sent to the server. Done and dusted.

Initially I wanted to do the database access stuff inside Unity itself because I use a server side authoritive server so I don't have to worry about users access the database directly since only the server would be able to do that. I then figured "hold on!" and realized that if I do everything in PHP instead, I would then be able to use the exact same scripts to allow users to manage their accounts online also. This two-for-one deal tipped the scales in favour of the PHP route.

I wasn't really sure if this would be something that other people would like/need really, but I wanted to keep it simple so I could re-use it in various projects without too much fuss and figured I'd keep other people in mind just for the heck of it... If this sounds like something you might be interested in, just let me know... :)

$Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 14.43.09.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  50. i.fernando

i.fernando

I'm preparing a Mythological Game Project and this is a Medusa model I want to include in the game as a referal statue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.