Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HolBol

HolBol

More lights!

2. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

@ Fishman92 Very cool!

3. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

I agree, I want to stick with blender.. But in the industry majority of the time they lean towards Maya and Max, Which I think is ridiculous considering if the quality is there and you can suply the right file formats, It shouldnt matter..

But I guess its just a skill its worth learning.

4. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

achive perfection in blender and if you really want to go into the industry ...after school, go to a university and get 3d max for free. Or...i guess you are still a student, ask your school to get 3d max or maya (education edition) for you ;)

5. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

What I want to do is...:
    finish school, 2 weeks time
    Goto college; Local, Studying: Media studies Alevel, Maths Alevel, Graphics Alevel, Computer Science Alevel.
    Then after college if I get my grades I want to goto University Laval in Quebec and if im still with Molecube work at the offices. They will get paid if they bring me over too, So thats good.

EDIT: I feel that im improving everyday in Blender :) So thats good too :D

6. wrm186

wrm186

Haha thank you very much :)

Might consider that

7. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Great gun! I love that design!

8. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Working on some fun stuff for my LudumDare entry:

9. Baardo

Baardo

Hmmmmmmm Umbrella holding Panda Robot? Haha I like it, love the simplistic look to it too.

10. wrm186

wrm186

A wagon that I am modeling for no apparent reason... just bored :p

Sorry for all the shadows... didn't really mess around with the lighting... feedback?

11. wrm186

wrm186

Alright, not 100% done... but I like where its going:

It's hard to tell (on my 15.6" laptop screen) that there is textures on the cover, wheels, and wagon bed, but there is.
    The cover has a white cloth texture.
    Wheels have a dark wood texture and a scratched up metal texture.
    On the wagon bed there is a Birch wood texture.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  12. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Are you sure? I thought it had a green cloth texture ;).

Good job :).

13. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Terrible vid I know.. Blame reformatting

14. wrm186

wrm186

haha no, I mean like I could have mistaken it for just a white color and not this texture:

Then this texture for the wood:

And thank you :)

15. wrm186

wrm186

Might be able to tell now?

@charliesamways
    I hate when that happens =/ gets all laggy
    Looks good though! :)

16. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Wade, I think it looks great from a distance. Close up it looks a little "Ikea". I think the wood grain is a bit fine and the edges a bit sharp for something made of such natural materials. Bevel Edges? Rougher Texture?

17. Sollthar

Sollthar

I'm working on complex dialogue trees with different characters to make them feel alive. Colors indicate different emotions they might or might not have at the beginning of a dialogue or within a dialogue, depending on where it goes.

18. NathanAu

NathanAu

Here's a screen of a path through a field, clear and raining.

19. HolBol

HolBol

Coming along nicely!

20. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Impressive :)

21. ChaosWWW

ChaosWWW

Thank you :) .

Making a bit of progress through the list. Got a bow done and am working on a city, which is probably one of the biggest single model's I've ever done. I'm dreading UV mapping this thing.

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Trying to get HyperBowl running on Android. Still have bugs to work through, but it looks sharp on my Samsung Vibrant.

Attached Files:

23. cupsster

cupsster

model > break > UVmap > stich if that uses generic textures should be easy but time consuming.. :)

24. lordaddament

lordaddament

This is a desert. yep....

oh wow... i dont know how to fix the link :(

25. ChaosWWW

ChaosWWW

Yeah, I was thinking something like that. Still not looking forward to it, but I'll hit that road when I hit it.

We can't access files on your computer, and if we could that would be very bad for you! You need to upload the image on an image uploading website. I use imageshack but you can use any of the multitude of image uploading sites out there.

26. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Great! How did you do the soft shadows around the tree?

27. wrm186

wrm186

Well, this guy named hp94 is giving away free avatars... and he game me the inspiration to make some of my own as well... I'm completely new to this, and not that good.

Here is a few I made:

And two, I was just really bored... and didn't know what to do:

Feel free to use any of them (except the very first one :D)

Find hp94's work here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/87317-Free-Avatars-for...-Everyone!/page2

28. NathanAu

NathanAu

@ Dogzerx select soft shadows on your light and then lightmap.
    (works with indie)

29. emergence

emergence

30. coin-god

coin-god

Characters look good. Not much to do yet.

31. daviddsotp

daviddsotp

Working on the Field GUI for Evoker :

32. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

that looks epic!

33. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

I just finished the Ludum Dare 48 #20 where you get to create a game from scratch in 48 hours. All code and assets need to be created within that time period.
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/

Here's my entry:
    http://theantranch.com/LD20/PandaBot.html
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-20/?action=preview&uid=1740

And my journal (such as it is...):
    http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/category/ld-20/?author_name=little-angel

And the timelapse yet to come.

-
    Additional Notes:
    That lush green world you were sent to investigate? It's pretty barren. The terra-formers ran out of time.

Don't leave without your Umbrella.
    You can't run fast with your umbrella open.
    You can use it for a number of different things, most of which have little value.
    It's not that strong, so you can break it.
    Find the beacon. Get rescued.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  34. jin76

jin76

Hey all,

recently i started modeling. This is my first completed model, took me around 30mins modeling and textureing. It is a fighter jet, i do hope to improve. Tell me what you think, and constructive criticism is welcome
    for some reason i cant just paste the image here so here is an imageshack link

http://img585.imageshack.us/i/fightern.jpg/

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  35. Baardo

Baardo

For anyone who still cares (lol) another attempt at rex coloring, hopefully this one will stick.

Take #62 I guess. Ive made so damn many of these, all of which never get past the neck but I have high hopes for this one. :p
    I guess I can see the value of making a concept art in hindsight.

36. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

It looks nice! Depending on your target audience, I'd just suggest more detail. But start simple. You need to learn your tools at the same time you educate your eye.

Look at plastic model ki.ts and think about how you'd model them in 3D.

Dont worry about texturing... this can come later

Ignoring the teeth, I think the texturing looks fine. It's a bit dark on the render, but that's irrelevant.

37. wrm186

wrm186

Looks great honestly :p
    You might of already said this... but what program did you use for this? :)

38. Baardo

Baardo

@Little Angel: Thanks, yeah its a bit dark, something that'll probably be a fairly easy fix in photoshop once its done.

@Wade: Zbrush for the most part. Photoshop will probably come into play later.

39. emergence

emergence

Thanks! :)

The game is goofy/silly so the characters are too!

Joe the Redneck- A confederate and conservative from the deep south. A downed martian UFO landed in his backyard next to his rusty tractor. Joe grabbed his shotgun, went out to the crater, and was the first human to kill a Martian and land on primetime television with the corpse. Unfortunately, he thought the martian was a mixed-race democrat. The news reporters had to cut over 70 minutes of the hour long interview with Joe.

Jess the Babe- During the Martian Invasion, Jess was on a bad date which was disrupted by the invaders. The only thing that pisses her off more than a bad date is being interupted before he pays for dinner. Armed with her lighter and a can of hairspray, she is determined to burn every martian she can.

Rod the Teenager- A punk teenager who is the lead guitarist in his teenage garage band. Armed with a super soaker watergun and a lack of musical talent, Rod is hell-bent on surviving so that one day his band can make it big. Lucky for him, just like the movie SIGNS, Water is the Martian's biggest weakness, despite the fact the Earth's atmosphere alone is made up of enough water to kill them instantly.

Glip the Alien- A friendly, gluttonous, flatulent alien from Pluto. Sent to Earth on a crash test mission, Glip survived and believes he was actually sent on a secret mission to defeat the martian invaders, score with Jessica, and find the world's tastiest hotdog.

The Gameplay is designed as a 4-Player Multiplayer Game (AI to replace players) similar to Left 4 Dead. I hope to include 4 Campaigns, which have 4 parts to each. The first being "Martians Attack!" with an Escape the City level in episode "It's the End of the World As We Know It- And I Feel Fine!" (isometric 2.5D like the webplayer) followed by the second level being a chase scene in episode "Life is a Highway, and so is Death!" (1 player drives, 3 players fire out of the back) while UFO's, men in black, panic drivers, etc. chase them (in this Campaign, a UFO). The car chase scene is a pure sidescroller (left and right) where the driver dodges obstacles and the UFO attacks. The end of that level leads them to Roswell, New Mexico in the episode "Roswell that Ends Well" where the players go across a desert, break through a fence, and enter into Area 51. The end of that level results in them stealing the UFO to end up on the final level, the enemy space ship, in episode "It happens to be Independence Day. What a coincidence! Hey, and there's Will!"

The Campaigns are parodies of alien movies (Independence Day, Mars Attacks, Aliens, Men in Black, etc.)

40. emergence

emergence

The Sclera could use more...gradient color or texture, as opposed to just being the one-color yellow. Besides the teeth, everything else could make it look very scary, except the eye takes all of that away.

Not sure the goal, but if it's a scary/realistic dinosaur, the eye is a big deal. Not just the color of the Sclera, but the shape, angle, size, etc.

edit: Well, maybe not. It really depends on how far away you see the dinosaur. May not matter. I just took a look at other high quality dinosaurs, and their eyes are similar, so perhaps I'm wrong.

41. Baardo

Baardo

Yeah the eye is one thing Ive chosen to neglect for now (as well as the teeth). I realize it needs improvement but really not sure how I can. Got any examples of how it should be?

42. wrm186

wrm186

The eyes could be blood shot? :D

43. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

No one really knows what a dinosaur we should look like, but if it were me, I'd google birds eyes ( not the frozen food! )

44. emergence

emergence

Honestly? No.

When I looked up all of my knowledge of high quality dinosaur 3D models, I came to the disturbing conclusion that all of their eyes looked similar, and very similar to yours.

However, before I became obsessed with "the eye" I actually thought the ones I looked up were simply gorgeous. So the eye isn't so much a problem as I thought.

Perhaps it's in the lack of brow? From my experience with art, the eye and eyebrow are extremely sensitive to showing emotion. It literally is exactly as these smileys show

:)

:mad:

>=(
    >=)
    The longer eyes formed by the equals sign gives a meaner expression with better emotion than the : eyes. The frown and smiley ) ( give off entirely different emotions. The > transforms the emoticon completely.

Seriously, a single line, a eye tilt of 5 degrees, a tiny squint of eyebrow-- these tiny tiny adjustments can transform a model from angry to sad to constipated to happy. It's absolutely amazing, and utterly disturbing for us as artists, that we can so easily mess up something as simple as these expressions.

I actually had an alien figure for one of my games, a Gray Alien. Close up, he looked great at every direction. However, when shrunk to a smaller sprite, he looked really pissed off facing South, but SouthEast and SouthWest looked neutral and the East and West-- his expression went to a happy anime. It was so weird! So I had to fix the expression to look sinister at the SE and SW directions, and neutral E and W, and lucky for me doing so didn't change the South look of the character so he stayed evil.

All because of a small adjustment to the eyebrows, which I thought wouldnt even be noticeable.

45. emergence

emergence

Bringing the pupil closer to the edge of the eye fixed everything.

I went in paint, and just put a black line (it looked like I erased it) to draw the pupil closer to the edge of his eye, and sharpen his eye shape.

Well, now he looks sinister, don't you think?

Attached Files:

• $grr.png
      $grr.png
      File size:
      377.9 KB
      Views:
  46. RonnyRulz

RonnyRulz

Just a little adjustment makes a big difference.

47. Taigo

Taigo

Since my last project turned out to not be a good idea so i have been salvaging a bit through some old files and looking for ideas and i came across a old car that i was working on some time ago that i thought it would worth posting.
    7 k tris wich ain´t bad but im still not sure if i can find some use for it yet.

Attached Files:

48. marcos

marcos

Prototyping some game ideas :) :

49. mikesgames

mikesgames

It is really nice!

50. NomadKing

NomadKing

I think most people usually go with something more reptilian (think crocodile or snake) for Dino eyes, although the minor change someone made above makes it look more agressive, which is good :)

http://www.felinest.com/images/crocodile-eyes-1.jpg
    http://www.leopardgecko.com/Websites/leopardgecko/Images/abeyea.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.