Search Unity

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Laser Cat, now with more plastic, Gravity Lifts that have an inefficiently applied buoyancy property, and Ammo Pickups that no longer respawn right after you grab them, causing collisions.

And MrSmive, of course you can! PM coming soon.

2. DavidB

DavidB

This isn't worthy of a thread (yet!), but I'm currently working on a 3d cube-based game board package for Unity. In simple cases it can be used to create tile based gameboards (think Hero-Quest and the like), and in more complex cases it can be used for the creation of Final Fantasy Tactics style maps. It's still very rough, but it's shaping up quick.

If you want to see a bit about the dev and a few screenshots and a quick demo video, check out my blog http://davidcertainlogic.wordpress.com/

(Only a few posts on there currently and all but one deal with the package).

This package is currently planned to be released/opensourced (MIT license) for the Unity community when it's at an acceptable level. So comments/feedback are of course welcome.

3. MrSmive

MrSmive

Couple more updates - PEQ 15 IR Flashlight/IR Laser/Laser Unit, 4-6X30-50Mildot DayNight Scope (4x50Night 6x30Day)
    Bear in mind these are all highpolys and no were near game ready lolz, look pretty nice though lolz.

Added a wrist rest mod to aid in stability.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  4. granada

granada

Very cool guns there,nice work :D.

dave

5. cupsster

cupsster

@MrSmive lookin' good..

6. aspide

aspide

Mr. Smive, your work is really first class. You are a very talented modeller.

7. Sollthar

Sollthar

I've been working hard on the ground battle code and graphics for my Sci Fi game.

Added updated Textures as well as 6 different weapons to play around with. I'm rather happy with how it's developping for my first game.

8. MrSmive

MrSmive

thats looking real sweet, i remember playing a web build of this some time ago, was pretty fun, especially the battles, and it looked great too.

9. MrSmive

MrSmive

oh hey.... thanks fellas, nothing to it really just takes time and practice heavily abusing turbosmooth doesn't hurt either lolz. Not to many more things to make for her, probably just a bipod m203 and shotgun, might do a few more but no need to go over the top lolz.

10. MrSmive

MrSmive

Updated some stuff, added IR laser and IR flashlight, just incase you don't want the PEQ unit, Changed the render settings, lolz was set all blurry for some reason, and then made a nice render of all the high poly models i have so far.

11. Sollthar

Sollthar

Looks great! Very neat work on those gun models.

12. MrSmive

MrSmive

thanks mate.

13. CorruptScanline

CorruptScanline

I Fixed up event system so now you can access any function on any component on any object and pass specific parameters to it though the GUI.

Also heres an example cutscene I'm making to show some of the features, everything is animated in the cutscene editor.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  14. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Laser Cat has mana pickups for mana-based weapons, I've also applied the Bumped Specular shader to just about everything, and attempted to make the gun more toylike (which I succeeded at, but failed at quality.)

15. Sollthar

Sollthar

And when are you going to fix that inverted y-axis to actually make your game somewhat playable...? ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  16. CorruptScanline

CorruptScanline

Yes, also lock the mouse, its literally 1 line of code, and one more to unlock it when you press escape.

17. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Kurt - yeah, the mouse won't properly lock because the title isn't implemented yet. Unity3 has a hard time with obeying the "Screen.lockCursor = true;" line. But there is an implemented fix already in.

1: When the game loads, click inside the webplayer. You'll probably fire a bullet.
    2: Hit "M" (my little debug mouse-scarer) until your cursor disappears. Should take 1-2x.

Inverted Y will be fully customizable soon, I'm much more worried about, y'know, finishing the game, not fretting on a trivial fix.

18. Sollthar

Sollthar

I'd say making your game from "utterly impossible and annoying to play" to "totally playable" by changing a single axis value is worth it, but of course, that's up to you. :D

19. 3dDude

3dDude

@Asvarduil: Dont you think that you are maybe taking over this thread a little bit?

20. cupsster

cupsster

Easy gentlemans.. :) internet is free for everyone.. :p But we should stick to title of this thread.. otherwise it will loose it's purpose.

21. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

@3D: No, because I try to only post on this thread once a day for my little project, unless commenting on someone else's or responding - like this - to someone else. I'm not trying to threadjack this topic. If I were going to, I'd have succeeded two pages ago.

@KurtLoeffler: That cutscene editor is looking pretty awesome! Is that going to be on the Asset Store?

22. 3dDude

3dDude

Well you post once a day for a week and it adds up. Considering that most of the bumps that this thread has had to stay up top have been yours. :confused:

In my understanding the idea of this thread was you made one post about your project and don't post again. Only to reply to peoples comments.... You have posted many updates and such about your game. Almost like it was your showcase thread :/

I dont mean any offense to you in any way.

23. granada

granada

@KurtLoeffler

That looks realy cool,Will you be selling this when finished.

dave

24. Sollthar

Sollthar

I too would prefer to see more projects from others rather then daily updates of one single game.

If you want to update daily, why dont you create a new thread specifically for your game Asvarduil? That way, those interested could follow it easily and thos thread would remain an overview of different projects.

25. 3dDude

3dDude

I agree.

26. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Well, Laser Cat has grown from what I thought would be a project that could go either way. I'll do that. Sorry if I came off as a bit harsh earlier, this morning was less than pleasant. New thread will be up tonight.

I'll still bump this thread, though, because there are some really cool projects here. Sorry again if you felt I was trying to ?maliciously overpost.

27. DangerSnoot

DangerSnoot

I like this thread, there's been some nice stuff been posted. MrSmive for one, you're a genius. Anyway, here's a few bits and bobs I've been working on recently.

What!? Yet another tank game? Yeah, I know, but tanks are in right now so I thought I'd have a shot as well, to brush up on my scripting and play around with far too many particle effects (I must say they're a hellova lot easier than I expected them to be.)

People might recognise this from a previous thread. It ground to a halt due to personal reasons, but now I've got time again I've stuck a normal map on it and a whole bunch of other improvements. Just a few tweaks, a nice texture and a pretty cubemap and it'll be about done. Best hurry up before my Steve McQueen obsessive phase fades away.

Some simple weapons for a dark ages warfare pack I'm creating. The eventual idea is to make them plain and practical, but with some subtle details largely stuffed into the normal and specular maps. The rifle is there because Sharpe is awesome. Obviously it's nothing to do with Vikings or Saxons, but it may spawn a Napoleonic / Naval / Pirate pack.

28. Acumen

Acumen

Another game idea mockup. Developed the airhockey into another direction ^^

29. MrSmive

MrSmive

Lolz don't much know how i am, but hell, i am human and ill TAKE IT!

Was kindov worried that i hijacked this thread got like 12 pics or something on here of the same thing lol, but figured it was ok as from what i can see this is a thread for things that don't qualify as Unity based or worthy of there own thread.

That big tank in your first pic wolf cracks me up, don't know what it is, probably the perspective on the tracks but it looks like it was pasted in with photoshop, really hope not because that's a dam hard thing to capture in a game and gives it a real fun feeling. That flint lock is pretty sweet too, most people think old school guns are easier to make than modern ones but they rarely are, the flint lock on its own is more complicated than most entire receivers, not to mention the multitude of crazy crap that they stuck to these guns, string, slow burning cords, ram rods, studs, blades hell even random crap like axe head stocks arn't that uncommon. To top it all off there are few decent reference pics, and the ones that are out there are usually hella generic replicas.

That hockey table looks pretty sweet mate, hope that fish is the puck lolz.

Some real nice stuff here keep it coming, for the record add as much as you guys like, personally i enjoy reading a few pages of this each day and seeing it right at the top, so post, post, post, lolz.

30. DangerSnoot

DangerSnoot

@ MrSmive - Hehe, don't let it go to your head though! :D
    Ah, sorry to dissapoint you, but the bigger tank in the first picture is actually just GUI. Part of the loadout selection menu actually. I hear you when it comes to old guns though. I started out thinking it'd be simple, but I've since changed my mind.

31. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I like the spears in those weapon renderings. o.o Those seem in particular to be really well-thought out

32. MrSmive

MrSmive

HEHE, knew something was off with that bad boy lolz.

Yea those spears are pretty sweet looking, some were around the roman era for the 2 with the barb rod at the back and the other looks like its a little more modern, some were around 11th century something like that.
    For the 2 with the barb rod things, if they are roman and they look it, the spear shaft should taper at the end dramatically, roman spears are designed to break on impact, so those dam savages can't just throw them back lolz. Most spears used for combat are done this way, but from what i know the Romans did it best and those 2 look like roman spears. The other one has a fish feel to it, like one side should be partially barbed and a line attached to the side to make an old school harpoon.

Have you considered making an Ana Atum or however you spell it, earliest weapon system known to man, 3 part system, spear, handle, string, its an interesting weapon and a good history lesson. The for runner to the spear, bow, and sling and so the for runner of all modern projectile weapons. A bill and hock would be cool as well as a morning star or an iron chain, odd weapons, less generic, something that people will see and say wow thats brutal looking, think handcuffs vs an iron maiden, do the same job but my god is the latter brutal looking.

33. Acumen

Acumen

Sleepy, sleepy thread :D
    Been working on a minigolf course mockup and did some more work on the penghockey.
    Now it's your turn ! postpostpostpostpostpostpost

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  34. Acumen

Acumen

Oh man - you guys fail at posting WIP's. Show your goodies :eek:
    Textured the minigolf course. I'm thinking about making a couple of them and post on the asset store so there can be 100's of minigolf games that all look the same :D

35. Kyuss77

Kyuss77

Lightning sword done. Acid sword and Necromancer Blade next !

All swords are low poly ( 500 - 700 tris ) with hand painted dif / spec / normal maps and custom made particle effects.

36. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

check out my game screen shot

still a lot modules to be complete.really there unity has a super fast designing system ,and each code can be separated.

37. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

@Acumen
    if u upload them ,im sure that i try ti create mini-golf,
    i like your shadows,does model have ambient occuliison map?

38. DangerSnoot

DangerSnoot

Good to see things are rolling again. Just to keep up the momentum here's something I made today.

It's a Pompeii style gladius for those that are interested. I'm still texturing the Fulham, Mainz and Hispaniensis styles to complete a historically accurate set of Roman swords throughout the history of their empire. There's a whole bunch of other Roman kit in the works too though.

@ Asvarduil - Cheers mate, I'm glad you think so!

@ MrSmive - The spears with the two lugs behind the spearhead are boar spears, and although such things were used during the time of the Roman empire as you said, theirs looks a bit different to these. These ones are all based on later Saxon spear designs. Overall use of these spears persisted for a very long time though. Anyway, you mentioned the Ana Atum, but I've honestly never heard of it, any chance you can find a link to a picture or two? Like you say the spelling must be a bit off, as I can't find it on Google :( And yeah, I see where you're coming from when it comes to original looking models (I assume you meant stocks, rather than iron maiden). The only trouble with that is that people mostly want to buy generic stuff, so I'm going for a healthy mix if I can. Course, if anyone fancies commissioning me then I'll take absurdly brutally awesome over office furniture any day of the week! Still, thanks for the interest!

@ Acumen - I like the golf course, as kiranmaya said the AO really makes it. But, if you're planning on selling it on the assets store, could you chop it up a bit and make it modular? That way we could all make as many different courses as we like from it (which would probably mean you get more sales due to its adaptability).

39. Acumen

Acumen

kiranmaya: give these cars some shadows :D looks really nice, though !
    Wolfie: I'd love to see these swords a bit more lifelike. Some rust/wear/tear. Doesn't need to be hardcore but the define the metal a bit more. Nice work !

Yeh, I figured making predefined tracks is not too much of a help :D
    Did another one today and noticed how easy it would be if it was modular. But boy that needs to much planning. Think I'm skipping on this one :D
    Unfortunately the AO is just rendered in so far. I don't know about Unity and the possible AO via second map channel option. Maybe that works. Or at least Vertex Color. We'll see how this plays out in the end :)

40. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

I call it Flatlands

I wanted to make a Lego Star Wars clone so I started this project. Here is a webplayer of it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17783172/Flatlands/WebPlayer.html

***Added an options menu
    ***Added another weapon that you must find before you can use it
    ***Added health pickups

***Changed weapon models

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  41. multivac

multivac

Experimenting with water - water flow is blocked dynamically, and everything that moves in the water volume, automatically generates a wake.
    This technique is kinda cool in the sense that it could be used on large surfaces too, with the ripples generated only near the camera.
    It's too basic for my needs though, i need to bite down and implement a proper fluid solver :p
    play with it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10887020/water/WebPlayer.html

Attached Files:

42. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

Delta Velocity is getting a HUD, a new youtube video in 720p, and hopefully AI combat. Anyone know how to design a realistic dogfight enemy? Once there are enemies i'll upload a webplayer.

43. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

another angle

44. wrm186

wrm186

I am making a game that's somewhat related to PlayStation Home.

The game is called "Da Hub"

One of the buildings I made today... (2BINProductions is helping me with the game as well as JM Studios and Breckett-2D)

The 2BINProductions building:

Hope you guys like the building! As well as the game that will be coming up!

-Wade

45. Acumen

Acumen

That is soooo awesome, multivac :D
    I played with this for quite some minutes just to see the watter popping and flowing around ^^
    I'm seeing SuperMonkeyBall in Water ;)

46. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

great work man,i did't see these kind of ripples in any games that i played,so fps is still okay with is ripples?
    how much processing power does that script takes in u r profiler?

47. kiranmaya

kiranmaya

iam planning to use lightmaps for level objects ,now more shadows for car's,since it takes lot of cpu/gpu .more over my ranking system takes almost same as camera render even i invoke the function just per 1 second .

when will mini golf will release for public,i just wann play it once..

48. Ethan

Ethan

I am working on BlobFoot 1.0 with own networking (RakNet) aaaand improving my shop for 3d models with cooler webplayers and stuff (see signature)

49. Acumen

Acumen

I really can't estimate when it will be released. We had some exchanged some heated arguments today :D
    Anyways, within the last 3 days I managed to do 3 courses so far with the same theme. Next ones would be in a blue and beige color (stones). We'll see about that ^^

50. thellama

thellama

I've spent the weekend perfecting some special effects for my game. Gauging how far I can really push the quality.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.