Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an3d

an3d

Working on our industrial modular pack. Build your environment like lego using the snap tool inside Unity

Unity magic

2. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Thats a ridiculous idea (in a good way). That sparked my imagination all over the place for things that could be done to the beat of music.

3. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

I used FRAPS, and that 1 minute video took 1.5 GB :p

4. Werit

Werit

Use the fraps output in Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas to convert it to a much smaller WMV.

5. PolyMad

PolyMad

6. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Damn that's a lot of paper cuts! Awesome :D

Is there supposed to be dozens of each weapon, and a group that fall down to the right side?

7. PolyMad

PolyMad

You clicked too quick :D that was a stress test, now I uploaded the correct single weapon version :D

I aim to make the most complete weapons package ever seen on any market and it should cover completely any need for a third person view rpg or handheld rpg or fighting game.
    I still don't know exactly how many weapons there will be but probably between 150 and 250 but probably even more.

Also, these weapons are not final, texture must still be completed so you may notice wrong texturing here and there and also there are no decoration at all or ubercool weapons, but there will be!
    Each weapon will also include basic colliders (not too sharp, for the sake of performance).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  8. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

9. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

nice axe!

10. jonbonazza

jonbonazza

Jut throwing this out there:

Fraps outputs an uncomrpessed AVI file... Best thing to do is run it through virtualDub and compress the video layer with DivX (You will need to download the codecs) and the Audio layer with a codec of your choosing. Doing so turned one of my 5min videos (almost 200GB) into a 38mb file... That's a nice compression if you ask me. ;)

11. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Nother axe i just finished. :)

Thanks you! :)

12. PolyMad

PolyMad

Nice weapons, but how much time do you need to make one?
    Will you put them on the store?

13. Acumen

Acumen

I think you can see way too much there. Make it a bit darker, please :eek:
    I'll say it again, people with dark renders have to hide something most of the time ;)

Please, do us a favor and let the texture show :)
    And maybe tell us what was done by yourself and what did others do on the project maybe, just incase.

14. PolyMad

PolyMad

I agree... I wonder if it's because they play FPS online with full brightness on monitors :D

15. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

No, we use Computers and not "i-am-dark-macbooks" :p

16. Blacklight

Blacklight

I really like the look in that first image. Everything fits together nicely.

(@ killer1390 too)Thanks guys!

17. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Not long, 30minutes to an hour.
    And no im not putting on store, if you want anything in particular doing just message me and then ill give you a price :)

18. PolyMad

PolyMad

Well I am on PC and I work on graphics since 20 years so I know what monitor calibration is ;)

19. PolyMad

PolyMad

Just curiosity... anyway, if you work a bit more on them they could go on the store but you should also make a low res version as LOD.

20. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

If i put them on the store, It would only be the Zbrush tool, The .OBJ and the normal map.
    How much you think that would get me? For one of the axes, ive never used the store.

Thanks

Charlie

21. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Keep the ZBrush stuff to yourself, that way you've always got proof you created it originally.

22. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

I dont mind who takes credit :) aslong as i get the money hah xD

23. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

charliesamways: There are some specific requirements on what format models must be to be placed on the asset store. I'll try to dig up a link to the asset store policies. I think it's something like .fbx format and maps.

What's best is to put of a "pack" of weapons 5-25 depending on quality and price. People rarely need just that one axe, but could easily use a pack of axes or weapons, and pick the ones they want.

If you want to see competitive prices, when in Unity (Free Version is fine, so if you don't own Unity, download it!) Go to Window/Asset Store and the store will open in a new window.

The products are all published as html webpages, and the assets store accesses them and displays them, so without going into the asset store, one could look at products if one knew the appropriate link (which is just like the iTunes store). I'd post web-links to the html pages of some packs, but that, like the policies, is not something I have at my fingertips.

Lastly, how much? That's hard to say. If you are getting nothing for your weapons. Packaging them up and selling them might give you more than nothing!

24. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Thats the reason i work differently, I let people view my PF then if they want my services they contact me for what they want. Ive never used the asset store and dont really plan too :)

Thanks for the information!

-Charlie

25. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

charliesamways:

Just an OBTW: How many polys and what's the size of the textures? (On average)

26. LaSalle

LaSalle

Hello all,
    I'm working on a small lobby based RPG.. not ready to go into any great details, but the following screen shot shows off some original UI Ive been working on along with terrain textures.. The character model is not mine as I borrowed from another game for testing, Though I did reanimate it. Ill be replacing with an original player character very soon. Currently, movement, limited combat and UI are working.
    Thanks for looking..

Right click on image/view image for a larger version.

27. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Ooooh, reminds me of Guild Wars (a good thing!) nice one!

28. cupsster

cupsster

dead sexy

29. DavidB

DavidB

This is looking really promising. Can I ask how you went about creating the selection halo? Is it a projection? Or a textured quad near the bottom of the character?

Keep up the great work btw, would love to hear more about this when the info is available.

30. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Ill check when i get home :) at school

31. cupsster

cupsster

that selection ring looks to me like 3d tube with selfilluminated-transparent material scaled to bbox, nice if it is

32. mcunha98

mcunha98

33. quoxel

quoxel

App for iPhone...

34. Acumen

Acumen

I thought it was for kids :eek:
    Didn't expect that realistic approach to texturing that Digger. Kinda disappointed it's not following the cartoony approach the modeling had :/ was expecting really vibrant colors and a strong almost golden yellow.
    Gonna be interesting to see more of the actual app :)

35. Falin

Falin

looks really nice! :)

36. HolBol

HolBol

I actually quite like that approach. Model toony, then texture realistic. I think it makes it look More cartoony like that...

37. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

Don't really have any graphics yet, but I've been working on this for about a month. Oh yeah, and my computer is ancient and runs like a dog, its not my coding...! Honest!

38. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Awesome! Finally a zombie game that actually requires blocking of entrances like in the movies, to survive. Nice one Sargon! Always wished someone would make a game like that and do it properly, so don't quit! :D

39. Blacklight

Blacklight

Looks cool! How did you handle the pickup object script?

40. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

Thanks! I won't quit, don't worry! :D

I've got a raycast that goes out from the player for 3 metres, and if you press the grab key while the raycast is hitting something tagged 'worldobject' it just moves it directly in front of the player + a few metres. I was going to make it a child of the player, but it was a pain in the arse and didn't function as I'd like. Do you think there's a better way of doing it? I'm not some expert coder, I'm learning as I go!

41. PolyMad

PolyMad

You are learning? Great stuff then! I had this "concept" in mind since ages (to block entrances with objects, but mainly applied to FPS games) and it's nice to see it realized. Now you need a good graphic!

42. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  43. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

It looks really really nice, well done.

44. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

45. Draad

Draad

@ Crowbarska Just wow, your game is realy beautiful and universe is realy nice, I love all the work you did on this game !

46. CrowbarSka

CrowbarSka

Thanks draad, glad you like it! Be sure to follow the game on Twitter or Facebook. :)

47. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

New side-scrolling shooter: The Nebula War.

EDIT: Showing how I guide players in TNW. I was reading Harry Potter, and laughed at the joke, "Then again, I always wondered how they found their way to the pitch without a sign post guiding them." So it hit me. Screw the "darn unskippable tutorial". Just give the players sign posts.

:cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  48. trooper

trooper

Vehicle Damage system for iPhone/Android

49. Sargon_of_Akkad

Sargon_of_Akkad

That is most impressive trooper!

50. HolBol

HolBol

+1