Search Unity

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cupsster

cupsster

Hello all.
    Starting new thread with hope to make it sticky one.. :) Post here as thread says "what are you working on"... Preferably this should be art with short description.

Here we go!

Rocket for upcoming SpeedRace-Shooter

Station5 - sub-orbit trading station

2. Broken-Toy

Broken-Toy

3. cupsster

cupsster

That is so nice feature.. Will try that! :)

4. aspide

aspide

A multiplayer FPS Battlefield2 style. Here are some shots of the Limbo level :

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  5. 3dDude

3dDude

the pics are not showing up on my computer :(

6. aspide

aspide

Sorry, my fault. I had inserted the wrong code, now it should have been fixed.....

7. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I'm working on a very fast and smooth fullscreen vector-graphics system which I will use exclusively to create games. I'm also working on an in-game editor which will be used to construct my first game and double as an editor for user-generated content. I'm aiming for iPhone and web deployment eventually but Mac/Windows desktop apps initially.

I settled on vector-graphics for all of my games due to various advantages like ease of content creation, resolution independence, high quality rendering, very small file sizes for web/iPhone deployment, a simpler and cleaner `look` than most games, flexibility and animation potential, and speed of development. I'm mainly working on the editor right now and getting the object handling/rendering sorted out but my experiments so far are going very well.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  8. theinfomercial

theinfomercial

Right now I'm working on a game called Rush Wing for IOS. It's like Star Fox 64 for the iPhone. I guess. There's really not much else to say about it since I haven't worked on it for very long.

$RW1.jpg

$RW2.jpg

My other project is a remake of Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure. I REALLY hope some day I can finish this.

$EC1.jpg

$EC2.jpg

DBarlok likes this.
  9. PolyMad

PolyMad

10. Broken-Toy

Broken-Toy

Fixed, thanks!

11. Acumen

Acumen

Some random ghost enemy :D
    399 triangles and a 256² texture

12. mmuller

mmuller

My first game

:D What d'ya reckon?

13. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I'm working on a FPS.

Current Nightly Build (as of 1/3)

There's still much to work on, and that's with my goal of core gameplay being in by the 14th. I've actually got more in, because I don't think this build has my start on the GUI.

14. granada

granada

Looks like you have a good start there :D.

Dave

15. Vert

Vert

I will share as this post inspired me to get back to work on my modeling. Here is a wip of a human male that I will be using as the base of a soldier for my FPS project. And if some of you saw, I am posting this image again, and just referencing it from another thread I just posted too. Sorry, this is all I have for now, but wanted to get another lower polygon mesh with rendered counter part image on the web. I can't say I see enough of them, but they are the best way to learn how to model!

Modeling done in trueSpace 7.6

16. multivac

multivac

17. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

18. drazil austin

drazil austin

19. colinter220

colinter220

A Iphone app called "element islands" its about a capsule who is claimed "Blank". he wants to find his true power and meanings. he goes through insane environments gaining different powers such as:

Gravity Switching

Swimming

And More!

Look for it in the app store soon! (yeah maybe not i have allot of bugs!)

20. pragmascript

pragmascript

i'm on working on hmm... something. not rly sure what it will turn out to be ;)

21. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

AGGGHH BLOOOOOOOOOOO....

Man you really need to do a quick GUI at the beginning or something and let the player switch that horrible look inversion. Are you even human?

22. Turnip

Turnip

@legend411 Lol agreed

23. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Yeah, the game's coming along enough I'm going to start work on the Achievements, Weapon/Armor select, and In-Game Settings soon, so don't worry; the days of forced Inverted Y-Axis are numbered.

And, no, I am not human. I am composed of a mixture of the indescribable and tentacles,and I live on a planet just to the left of three dimensions below you. ;)

24. CorruptScanline

CorruptScanline

did some more on the Cutscene Editor.

I added 3 types of Curve Clip modes.
    -Action: A function on a pre made script is called and the interpolated value is passed to it.

-Direct Variable Access: this allows you to set a variable on the target object to the interpolated value. It operates on float, int or vector variables on any Component attached to the Target object.

-Custom Expression: If you want something more complicated than direct access but dont want to make a new Action script for it you can quickly write an expression which is executed every time the Curve Clip is calculated.

Direct Variable Access:

Custom Expressions:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  25. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Why?

26. Blacklight

Blacklight

Because then you might aswell make a new thread.

27. allanw

allanw

I am currently finishing the waypoint system for my first unity game.

28. Acumen

Acumen

Another ghost :)
    Has a pipe in his head :eek:

29. cupsster

cupsster

@pragmascript don't know if you are mac or win but way to dark.. :)

30. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Ooooh, how decidedly lovecraftian of you :) I CAN SEE FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

31. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Ok, Y-Axis is not yet fixed. But there is now an Achievement system in. Of the three achievement sets, though, two are bugged. Have fun achieving them!

32. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Why? All it takes is adding, or removing a negative or two.
    Your project is pretty good otherwise however.

33. Acumen

Acumen

I need more pictures in here, not so much talking :D

34. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Nah. More talking is fun. Kind of like this one time at band camp when...*andeeee appears with the legendary Ban Hammer*...umm, never mind! Let's move right along, shall we?

Because I want game settings not to be handled in a live game - I've got a plan that, even in my limited dev window, will ensure the player can calibrate their controls to perfection before jumping into the game. The plans are laid out, but my focus HAS to be on core gameplay before January 15th. After 1/15, the rest of the game will be set to come together.

Also K1390, what do you think of my art style? I don't think it looks "toy-ish" enough. If you could see another character (coming soon with multiplayer), you'd see I have a heavy LEGO influence going on...

EDIT: Acumen, sweet ghost!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  35. Acumen

Acumen

Another ghost - he has a sawblade in his head btw:

36. Deleted User

Deleted User

Looks like afro hair lol.

Just kidding, looks nice :d

37. Acumen

Acumen

Yeh, it's the viewport shadow. The actual texture is brighter grey with rust on it.
    But maybe afro look was intentional by my supervisor. He was very precise about the placement :D

38. JetSoap

JetSoap

I'm working on a Trigger based Underwater Effects System, Well more like Finished maybe in a little while I'll post a thread about it..

39. andeeeee

andeeeee

Fear my ban hammer...
    ;-)

40. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Lol, forgot about the art :D. If you are going for a toyish style, then you are not there yet. It does look toonish however.

41. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Ok, ok, Laser Cat, new feature - special doors that only open under the correct weapon fire.

Coming out of your spawn room, you'll see I've added some bridges and columns now...and a blue door. In Laser Cat, simply look at your chosen weapon. The doors that your weapon match will open when you fire your weapon at them.

There are three door types, corresponding to weapon types:

Bullet Door - Blue
    Explosion Door - Red
    Energy Door - Yellow

Right now, only Bullet Doors are implemented, although theoretically the other kinds are too...oh, and I'm a masochist, so Y is still inverted. I'm going to make you appreciate normal Y-axis look.

42. MrSmive

MrSmive

Added some more stuff to my SR25 highpoly, such as a mag pouch for the stock, tac light, flash light, laser, grip ect, here is a pic of a pretty mean looking rig.

This rig - Stoner SR25 Socom Silencer, Acog 4x, Laser sight, Tac light, Flash Light, Tactical Grip, 30rnd Mag, Spare Magazine pouch, and Heat Shields.

Will take a while before this is in unity, but should look pretty good when done. The mods will be separate, i chose the SR25 to start with as it has the most amount of rails any gun in the game will have and i wanted to get as many of the mods done at once to keep everything flowing together nicely.

43. Kyuss77

Kyuss77

44. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

SWEET weapons! You two are really talented artists. I wish I could have a little of your elite skills!

In any case, new nightly build of Laser Cat still has Inverted Y but it's close to ending. I've began on the Title sequence (not yet in the build), and I've got the Kongregate API implemented (which was suprisingly easy.) Further, I've revamped my Achievements.

-Defy Gravity now only affects numbers of times a Gravity Lift has been ridden.
    -New achievements for doors - G-locksmith, C(losed) D(oor) Burner, and Energy Company.
    -New achievement for explorers - Amus Saran, for rocket-jumping to hidden rooms.

I'm working a little on multiplayer as well, so hopefully soon my little prototype should start getting very lively!

45. MrSmive

MrSmive

Thanks mate, here is another one just for fun, plus had it in my clip board.

That sword is pretty freaking sweet man!
    Iv seen a lot of swords and a lot look like that but few with that few polys mate very nice. One very small thing i found when making swords with normal maps mate, split the blade down the center when done, before you bake if you can, creates a much nicer bake, but more importantly, separating the mesh( i mean by a very small amount, not humanly visible) gets rid of that black edge glitch that appears when looking at acute angles. You get a cleaner more realistic looking blade, by making it a physically impossible object, lmao, isn't the 3d world awesome lol.

46. gooongalooo

gooongalooo

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  47. Kyuss77

Kyuss77

Thanks MrSmive! Your Stoner gun looks awesome, and its one of my favourite weapons in Black Ops. Next to the Ak47 of course.

48. MrSmive

MrSmive

thanks mate, its a pretty nice gun, the 25s a bit different to the 63, locked action, heavy set barrel and a few other things make this primarily a sniper rifle. Gotta love the brand name though lolz, always had a thing for stoners, not only is it a funny name but they make some dam mean weapons.

Been doing some more concept art work for her mods, and might make an air taser for her. If i do mate i would love to know how you got that savage looking electric stuff done.

49. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

My art is woefully inadequate...but have you ever wondered what a Player looks like in Laser Cat? This:

As I said: toy-like look.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  50. MrSmive

MrSmive

wow there actully pretty darn good mate, could tart them up for you if you like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.