Search Unity

What are the most needed art assets missing from the Asset Store?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korda, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Korda

Korda

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of trying to my hand at the Asset Store selling art assets. So my question for you is: Is there anything you feel is missing, of poor quality or is too expensive on the Asset Store (in terms of art assets) ?

I would love to hear your opinions.

2. RoyS

RoyS

Common people. There are plenty of warriors, army men, wizards, assassins, etc, but not enough common people to add a little populace to the game world. We need common people for merchants or quest givers or innocent bystanders. Not just medieval games, but modern games, too.

3. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I think some kind of hero with various weapons. Well think of something like max-payne, hes got a baseball bat, a shotgun, a sniper refile etc. Usually they will just have 1 weapon.

Or imagine something like dead rising with a boat load of weapons. You could sell a few animations with the base package and each animation, weapoon combo sell them as an addon.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  4. dxcam1

dxcam1

Sprites please :D

5. Korda

Korda

Ok, thanks guys! @dxcam1 any particular kinds of sprite, eg: animated characters, effects, props, etc?

6. huxley

huxley

I would love to see more 3d assets for mobile. There are some good dungeon maker mobile optimized kits, but how about other building interiors, hospitals, offices, docks, wherehouses, homes interior, both modern and Middle Ages.

7. drewradley

drewradley

+1

8. Korda

Korda

@huxley drewradley, That could be interesting and shouldn't take too long. Thanks for the input!

9. Chaoss

Chaoss

Both a good and actively developed dynamic sky system and water/ocean systems

10. sirenpro

sirenpro

I agree with mobile art assets.

11. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

I'd say mobile, sci-fi and modern. Most art assets in the store are for fantasy games.