Search Unity

Question What are the files under Build Report "Other Assets" ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Pullahs, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Pullahs

Pullahs

I have a simple question. I'm building for WebGL and I have a really high file size. When I check my build report I see that %89 of the build size comes from the "Other Assets". What are these other assets and how can I optimize build size ?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. mgear

mgear

at least check if you have StreamingAssets/ folder it might contain large files.

Pullahs likes this.
  3. Pullahs

Pullahs

I don't have StreamingAssets folder ):

4. LukeImmersive

LukeImmersive

I am noticing a similar result in my WebGL build. It would be really useful to actually know what it taking up the space.

Pullahs likes this.
  5. Pullahs

Pullahs

Hey LukeImmersive, I found out that the files taking space were video files that are not used but somehow got into the build. The video files (.mp4 etc.) are shown under other "Other Assets". Also as @mgear mentioned above, you can check the files under "StreamingAssets" folder if you have any and also "Resources" folders of unused third-party assets.

AdViventes likes this.
  6. devpros

devpros

Careful when you test videos and links and then switch in editor, the asset will remain bound and serialized with the scene. Always check in debug mode for hidden serialized fields like in VideoPlayer component

Attached Files: