Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the definitions of "All Current Users" & "Population"?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Peacewise, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Peacewise

Peacewise

Please add information about what each element in the analytics dashboard dropdowns mean.

For example, what do these mean:
    • "Number of Users"
    • "Percentage of Population"
    Here's my confusion: I would assume "Number of Users" is pulling from all users ever, but they don't appear to.

For example: If I look at "Number of Users"--> "All Spenders" the graph has data points that go down at times. So this can't be all spenders accumulating over time. Is it trailing 30 days? Or something else? This data is hard to assign value to without understanding what it actually means.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Peacewise,

The Number of Users metric is the count of the number of active users. For a user to be considered active they must have played your game within the past 90 days. If they have not played for over 90 days then they will be removed from your active users and also any segments they belong to.

This is the same for Population; it will only include users that have been active in the past 90 days.

This is a very useful recommendation. I will pass this along to our front-end engineers. You can also submit this to our Feedback request page:
    https://feedback.unity3d.com/forums/unity/suggestions?category=analytics

Peacewise likes this.
  3. Peacewise

Peacewise

Thank you!

4. Beru

Beru

Does this information include players that choose opt-out?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, same conditions. Whether they opt out or just stop playing is the same.