Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the default control mappings for 3rd party controllers?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jonathan4210, May 18, 2018.

1. jonathan4210

jonathan4210

I’m giving my PC game the option to play with a controller. I’ve noticed the xbox (360 and one) controller has different control mappings compared to the PS4 controller. I have no problem how to detect which one the player is using, and to switch between different inputs from the InputManager.

What I don’t understand is that I also tried a logitech controller, and it used the same mappings as the PS4 controller. So, how would I know which controller is using which mapping? Do all 3rd party controllers have the same layout as the PS4 controller, and just that the xbox one is unique?

2. jonathan4210

jonathan4210