Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question What are the best addons for shader animation?

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by Zimaell, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Zimaell

Zimaell

Actually, there are enough add-ons that make automatic conversion of animation into a shader, but many have their pros and cons. I need to be able to give the object as many animations as I want, mix and apply ik, and of course convert them to a texture, many add-ons have a problem with this. Advise what there is addition fulfilling these requests.
    like this - https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Animation-Instancing

there were problems with this add-on when I wanted to add a lot of animations to the character and mix them and ik.

Advise something the most convenient high-grade.

2. Olmi

Olmi

Seems like your wish list is quite long. I think if you are are not willing to develop (or pay for the development) of your own system it might not be possible to just buy something that matches all your requirements.

3. Zimaell

Zimaell

I understand, I'm just interested in what is generally available and with what possibilities. if there are no free add-ons with such conditions, then I will go the other way, and most likely it will turn out that way, this technology has too many shortcomings.

in fact, this technology is suitable in order to show a large crowd of the same type, but if there are a lot of NPCs with different animations (more than 10), and even with ik, this already creates a lot of problems.

Of course, I understand that there are no unsolvable problems, but as I understand it, this technology will create many problems ...