Search Unity

What are 'Ad Impressions' ?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Jana1108, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Jana1108

Jana1108

What are impressions? Is it just videos completed? Or is it ad requests + videos started + videos completed? Also I was wondering if I only earn revenue from videos completed?

2. FritzH

FritzH

Developer Relations

Revenue is generated based on the quality your users and the impressions you are showing. There's no "one unified way" of pre-calculating the revenue generated by your game as we run different types of campaigns with different billing points based on completed views, clicks, and installs.

Our system always selects the best possible campaigns -- in terms of revenue -- for your users.

More details are available in the Monetization FAQ section of our Knowledge Base:
    http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/faq/monetization

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  3. Jana1108

Jana1108

So what is counted as an ad impression? I heard revenue only starts showing at around 5000 impressions. Is this videos started + videos completed?

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Impressions are equivalent to videos started. The 5000 impressions threshold is specified in order to give us enough data to evaluate the performance of ads in your game.

With regards to videos completed, your completion rate (completed / started) has a tendency to directly affect the eCPM of your game; the lower your completion rate, the lower your eCPM will tend to be.

5. Jana1108

Jana1108

Ahh I see, thank you!

6. Jana1108

Jana1108

Do videos started include videos completed?

7. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

8. Navid

Navid

But the number at the new dashboard site for impressions is the same as "video completed" from report site. So impressions are completed or starts? Something is not correct here!:cool:

new dash.PNG reportssite.PNG

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  9. Steven-1

Steven-1

I've published a game on the play store almost 8 months ago, and I'm still trying to figure out what all the statistics mean. One thing that baffles me is how low the impressions are, they are 10x times lower than the number of ads watched!

Can anyone tell me why that is?

Also, just looking at the number of ads watched, these are much lower than they should. I mean, it's just a small hobby game, so they are low ofcourse. But there have been weeks that I and others have each watched dozens of ads each day, yet the dashboard claims only 1, 2, or sometimes even 0 have been watched for those days!
    Is there some reason these ads don't get counted?

On a side note, I find the Unity Dashboard EXTREMELY difficult to understand, well actually I guess it's not just the unity dashboard, don't understand the google one either. :s

On an other side note, why are ads 30 seconds long? seriously, that's way too long, nobody benefits from that.

Edit: whoops, only now noticed how old this thread was.

DanilLetov likes this.
  10. jhon143

jhon143

Is it necessary , that app should live to see revenue on unity ads ?

11. robmbulanga

robmbulanga

Good day guys, like i have 1.1k impressions yet i only have 0.54 USD for my unity ads. is this possible?