Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What affects the percentage of eCPM?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by MaorDany, Sep 13, 2019.

1. MaorDany

MaorDany

I see that if I get a high percentage of eCPM I earn more. I didn't understand how it was measured and Is it possible to raise this percentage in any way?
    What do I need to change to increase my earnings?

Untitled-2.jpg

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Idomama,

The eCPM is defined as the Effective Cost Per 1000 impressions.

eCPM = revenue / starts * 1000

The eCPM is essentially a performance value used to indicate the effectiveness of ads shown in your game. The more impressions you have, the more reliable this value is.

I would guess that the revenue your app is generating is limited by two factors:
    1. The number of impressions in your game.
    2. The country where the players are playing.
    For #1, there are basically two options: Show more ads to your existing players or get more users in your game.

For #2, unfortunately you don't have control over this as a publisher. Bid prices are set by advertisers and are different between countries. It depends on the ad campaigns being run, and the quality of users viewing the ads. So What Does Quality Mean? Unity Ads is a quality based ad network. This refers in part to how revenue is generated, but also in how ads are served to users. Unity Ads strives to achieve the best possible quality of impressions. There are a number of techniques we employ internally to our network to achieve this goal. Higher quality impressions means they're more effective at generating revenue for publishers while also being more effective at user acquisition for advertisers.

I would recommend taking a look at our Best Practices guide and see if there are any techniques (such as rewarded video) that you could add to your game that might increase revenue.

3. rahulnaik9010

rahulnaik9010

Hi ! Are these rewarded ads ? Does the requests:impressions ratio affect the eCPM ?