Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

What about the LayoutGroup support for the UI on ECS

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by AAK_Lebanon, Mar 28, 2019.

1. AAK_Lebanon

AAK_Lebanon

I am new into Tiny, I am working on a project for a customer, and I should decide what route should I take, should I use Unity or Tiny Project ?! So I decided to build something on Tiny to see the potential, and of course it still in preview, however, we should live with some adventures, right?

so I am dealing with the UI, and I discovered that I cannot use the LayoutGroup (like GridLayoutGroup), they are not supported (and I don't know if they will be supported). my question is: it is hard to implement this functionality by myself? it is feasible? any idea about how to implement this functionality on ECS?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

If you have a good knowledge of Unity, this shouldn't be that hard, most likely boring.

One of my client projects I had to build one relatable thing and I found out Tiny RectTransform and others UI stuff are very similar with Unity itself.

As I said, I found those things very boring to implement because the building and testing are not as fast as regular Unity.

AAK_Lebanon likes this.