Search Unity

What a shame. Denied by Ironsource.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheOtherJoJo, Mar 26, 2023.

1. TheOtherJoJo

TheOtherJoJo

Unity LevelPlay is what Unity is pushing us towards to monetize our apps but the company Unity has partnered with won’t let us in the door.

I spent all this time setting up accounts and my app on Ironsource just to have them deny my app. They say ‘…it’s not their current focus’.

Is there way of weeding out smaller apps and developers?

I have been using Unity for about 10 years and loved it when Ads were integrated in the platform. I thought it made development really simple so that we could spend more time on our creations.

But now here it is again, where we have to spends all this time and going through all the headache getting 3rd party stuff implemented.

2. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

What shall we say here without having any clue about your app as to why it might be "not in their focus"?

DungDajHjep and CodeSmile like this.
  3. TheOtherJoJo

TheOtherJoJo

It’s this not the appropriate thread? I’m just posting to see if anyone else come across the reasons why, so on and so forth.

I mean is this how it’s going to be moving forward? We develop in Unity and we are being told to use this or that by Unity. We go in that direction only to be told No.

I feel like I’m asking the question ‘Why?’ And the response is ‘because I said so.’

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

If you want to know why you need to ask the people who denied you. Any other responses will just be guessing.

angrypenguin likes this.
  5. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

As far as we can guess there are two possibilities:
    - That was a very polite way to say that the apparent quality of your product is not something they want to be associated with
    - The theme is actually out of their scope. E.g. medicine products and straight up gambling are fields where Unity requests to contact them directly first. BtoB applications may also be out of scope of the standard monetization. Similar with crypto or other types of banking. (it's not impossible to monetize those through Unity but just not the standard way; probably because certain regulators may go after Unity if it turns out your app does not follow the laws).

DungDajHjep and CodeSmile like this.
  6. TheOtherJoJo

TheOtherJoJo

I understand your point of views. I did reach out and heard nothing. Still waiting.
    I‘ll head in another direction, maybe look Admob mediation or Chartboost.

Thanks for your time.

7. lmbarns

lmbarns

This was the email I got in response to asking how to get my account approved

8. TheOtherJoJo

TheOtherJoJo