Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What a good and bad game causes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yomomyha, Mar 5, 2012.

1. yomomyha

yomomyha

Ok so I started lurking on the community yet again. More and more im seeing questions pop up about a lot of different subjects, like how to pressent, sell, advertise ect.

What I want to know is how much can you get from eather a good or bad game?

I mean it seems like a bad game gets you no gain but you defenitly no what not to do nextt time. A desent game may attract some attention to your self. Also a good game might be great but have little advertising, causing a small community.

Soo please add your comments and tell me what you think and no harm in going a little off topic.

2. jasonkaler

jasonkaler

Every game's different.
    Sales usually are related to the quality of the product but don't have to be.
    Sometimes a bad game may make a lot of money simply because it is marketed well or is a sequel to a good game, or is based on a good movie.
    On the other hand, some good games may not do well because nobody knows about it, which is poor marketing.

Reputation is a huge factor.
    "...but you *defenitly no what not to do nextt time." - *definitely know. Not always true. You'll only know what's wrong if people tell you why they were disappointed.
    And what if the reason is something like “it was boring.” You may know what was wrong, but how do you fix it?

If you like making games, then make games. Don't focus on the money until you're good at making games.

3. earthcrosser

earthcrosser

I concur :) ... but I was wondering today, I use the prime31 admob plug-in. I went back to their website today and it dawned on me that most of the plugins dealt with monetizing the app in some way. That got me wondering, who has the best deal?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012