Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Well, I've got to chime in...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rickdyck, Mar 10, 2007.

1. rickdyck

rickdyck

Hi y'all,

I have to share how much I'm enjoying this software. I'm commissioned to create a 25th anniversary video piece for a local (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) artist-run video creation organization/gallery named Video Pool. It won't be pre-rendered video, of course, as I'm using Unity to make...well, I don't know what for sure yet. But I've started with a 1944 photo of my grandmother and her three daughters which I've lofted into a terrain and am going from there, running around inside the photo. I'll post a screenshot or something once I'm further along. Anyhoo...as I'm becoming more familiar with Unity...fun! Great great fun! Latest happiness? Thinking, "Man, that's jumping too abruptly between points", then discovering Lerp and Slerp (which, ya gotta admit, are really fun to say out loud, especially around little kids).

Also, thanks for the help so far in this forum, not just for me, but for everybody, because I've learned a lot reading over your shoulders, so to speak.

Edit: [Oops! I should've posted this in the "Weep" topic. Sorry!]

--Rick

2. terransage

terransage

rickdyck said:
    According to the Strict Rules of Forum Posting (Section B, Page 48, Paragraph 9), a forum should have only one "thank you" post at any one time! :wink:
    Your project sounds pretty cool. I'm amazed at all the things that people are using Unity for, like virtual art galleries and backdrop films for plays. Gives me a lot of food for thought. :)