Search Unity

Well done (and meaty and delicious) !! (plus small texture issue)

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by LouishB, Nov 4, 2018.

1. LouishB

LouishB

Well I have to say, this project looked so insane I couldn’t help to see if the steak tasted as good as the sizzle…

Two words – meaty && delicious!!

I followed the instructions on the github readme (trust me follow them to the letter) and it worked nearly perfect. It takes a while to download, re-import and build but the wait is well worth it! I did this on a relatively clean machine so I had that going for me, and overall I’m really impressed with the level of quality on this release and not to mention the project tools (which incidentally kick ass.) I had to make one small adjustment, I had to change the "Use Editor as" field from Unused to Server as suggested by @dichardson, but once I did that it loaded up without a hitch.

:cool: +1 to the dev team for this, and great job locating it on github so that the project can take on a life of it’s own by us the community. You might want to hint people to post their issues on the github project rather then the forum and possibly even delegate management of that to someone in the community so you’re not saddled with 100% of the support. You might want to delegate merges too bc that’s almost a full time gig to vet and incorporate those. Anyway I hope the github project doesn’t die out because this thing is too good to go stale!! I myself am thinking how to add a quake-ish rocket-launcher =)

BTW – one small issue I’m having (probably just an issue with my build) and I admit I’m a bit out of date on my unity knowledge so it’s probably something easily fixed, some of the textures are coming blacked out when I run (see screenshots below) it happens in the editor when I’m testing a run-through of the level and when I run it through the project tools.

upload_2018-11-4_13-9-13.png

upload_2018-11-4_13-9-31.png

upload_2018-11-4_13-10-15.png

Thanks Again for this insanely cool release! _extremely_ epic and generous of the team :D

2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

I have same issue on Windows 7 PC, but this issue gone away on Windows 10. I think that this issue may be related to the shader which is depend on DirectX 12 feature.

3. Vestergaard

Vestergaard

Unity Technologies

i suggest you post a regular unity bug for HDRP for this issue, its likely be a driver / hardware / directx issue.Include your dxDiag info file if you do.

If you are on mac, hdrp is a bit more iffy and has known bugs.

4. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Same on Win 10 GeForce GTX 765M (Driver 24.21.13.9764) i7-4700MQ 2.5GHc 16Gb RAM

5. LouishB

LouishB

Running win7, 1050 Ti Driver 23.21.13.9135

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. LouishB

LouishB

Are there DirectX version requirements for the demo?

If I run with Arguments "-logfile log.txt" I see in ...\FPSSample\AutoBuild\log.txt: