Search Unity

Welcome to Vuforia!

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Augmenteer, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

Hello Everyone

We're excited to join the Unity forums community!

The Vuforia AR app development platform is now integrated in the Unity 2017.2 Editor (currently in beta) and delivered through the Unity download assistant.

If you're not already familiar with Vuforia - we're the world’s most widely used AR platform. Vuforia makes it easy to develop cross-platform (Android, iOS & UWP) apps for the latest handheld and headworn devices using the best enabling technologies available on each device.

Our platform powers over 45,000 apps including titles from EA, Square Enix, LEGO, Activision and many more by leading indy developers and agencies.

Features:

All of the features of the Vuforia Engine, for recognizing and tracking objects and your environment, have been natively integrated in Unity. You can find them in the GameObject menu.

We've also integrated support for stereo rendering, for digital eyewear, and AR+VR app development, along with Device Tracking to enable head and hand tracking.

Look for further announcements about Vuforia at Unite Austin 2017.

Benefits:

For our existing developers - our Unity integration will provide even easier AR development workflows, and tighter synchronization of features and bug fixes with Unity releases.

For new AR developers - Vuforia provides a full suite of AR recognition and tracking capabilities with easy authoring and design workflows. We enable you to focus on your vision for creating AR experiences, with the confidence that your apps will perform at their best across the broadest range of devices.

Getting Started:

To Get Started, you'll need to install Vuforia from the Unity Download Assistant or within XR Settings. Then activate Vuforia Augmented Reality Support for your project in XR Settings.

Then check out our Core AR Samples, which will show you how to use all of the target and tracker types supported by the Vuforia Engine - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/99026

You can use this forum for any questions related to the Vuforia Augmented Reality application development platform. We'll also be posting news and announcements.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    nahoy likes this.
  2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello all!

I work on Vuforia's customer engineering team and I'll be one of the main Vuforia contacts interacting with this forum. Feel free to ask questions about Vuforia, provide feedback on the SDK (such as new features or improvements), and report potential bugs. I look forward to seeing what sorts of projects you all are working on!

3. helloworldgames

helloworldgames

Hi there,
    Its great to see that Vufuria is integrated into Unity.
    Do you guys have any plans for indie-developers? as your existing pricing plans is unfortunately only affordable for medium to large size businesses.

Boristar, Gustavo-Quiroz and kiriyee like this.
  4. Jayjays

Jayjays

Brilliant to see this forum. AR is lacking on tutorials so are there any plans to set up a series of video tutorials similar to the VR series? here

PringleDesign likes this.
  5. vad710

vad710

Vuforia

Hi @Jayjays !

We'll be working on getting some great Vuforia Video tutorials out as soon as we can! Keep your eye on these forums for announcements of new video content!

6. vad710

vad710

Vuforia

@hazzygames - what sort of projects are you trying to do with Vuforia? We have a new free offering included with Unity 2017.2 and if you are looking to use functionality outside of the free tier, you can develop with all functionality for free up until the point you are ready to deploy. Check out the pricing page: https://developer.vuforia.com/vui/pricing

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  7. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

That's right - we now provide a free option for developing and deploying AR apps, when using the feature offerings built into Unity. This includes a set of Image, Object, Cylinder and Multi targets, along with a VuMark template, our User Defined Targets, and Device Tracking features. And we've included support for AR+VR apps, digital eyewear, HoloLens and also Tango.

See: https://developer.vuforia.com/vui/pricing

You'll need to register as a Vuforia Developer and get a license when you're ready to create custom targets or want to use our Cloud Recognition service. A developer account will also give you access to tools for creating your own Object Targets and VuMarks, along with our Eyewear Calibration app for generating personalized user eye calibration profiles.

marcipw likes this.
  8. Karearea

Karearea

I'd be interested in the new free tier for some self promotion projects. I've been using the developer tier so far as we don't intend to charge for the app, and we're still a while from release. Would this new free tier in 2017.2 be a replacement? are there any additional restrictions, or can it now be used for paid apps, albeit with the listed limitations? is there still a watermark?
    Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  9. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Hi!!! This is awesome!

Just wondering if its free to deploy AR apps in Unity Personal (free version), if the target is a custom image that i define (for example an A4 piece of paper with a custom image ive done printed in).

Cause im reading the pricing in Vuforia website and it says free for unity, but the content placement is just on everyday surfaces and when hovering "Everyday surfaces" it says:

Place your virtual content on a variety of surfaces with textures, patterns or contrasting features.

This surface with a texture could be an A4 with some custom image ive designed printed in?

Or to be able to use an A4 with a custom image ive designed printed as a target , you have to buy the Classic license for 499$? Because this classic license says on content placement - On Objects from Images - Place your virtual content on flat images, cylinders, cuboids, murals and a variety of other objects.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  10. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

For a custome image that is predefined and not defined at runtime by the user you will need to pay 499$ once per app

11. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Thanks for the clarification!!! And its 499$ per app or i get to use it in all my apps as an indie?

12. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

The Classic License ( $499 ) covers a single app title on any of our supported platforms ( Android, iOS, and UWP).

13. Jayjays

Jayjays

Brilliant news, ill keep my eyes peeled

14. nerdfactormax

nerdfactormax

Is there any documentation on how to use the new sample scenes? Even a brief description of intended function would be helpful. I have had success with the legacy package in the past but I'm not sure where to start with the new samples. A video would be amazing, but even a one line overview of each scene would get me on my way.

Archviz3d likes this.
  15. Archviz3d

Archviz3d

Yeap!! Definitly video tutorials would be great, and would help a lot of us to get started really easy and quick!! Waiting for those tutorials :)

16. Augmenteer

Augmenteer

We'll get VAD on it. In the meantime, our devs have created a lot of good tutorials on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vuforia+tutorial

Keep in mind that Vuforia's prefabs are now Game Objects, and can be found in the GameObjects menu. So when you see someone use a prefab in those videos - look for the corresponding Vuforia GO in the GO menu.

17. Hemanth_DJ

Hemanth_DJ

Hi ,Please create setup and procedure steps for implementing Vuforia Vumark on Android and Hololens if possible,Im not able to find an suitable tutorial Video anywhere please help.

18. rahuxx

rahuxx

Is there a list of games / application build with Vuforia 7?

19. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

20. ramprasad_ranganathan

ramprasad_ranganathan

Hi,
    I am using Unity 2017.3.1 Plus version with Vuforia UDT and GroundPlane. Could I need to purchase Vuforia license to release my app on play store and remove watermark? Can I release app with Vuforia watermark?

21. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@ramprasad_ranganathan If you are only using UDT and Ground Plane you do not need a license to publish with Unity. Remove the license key from your Vuforia Config and the watermark should be removed.

22. ramprasad_ranganathan

ramprasad_ranganathan

23. ramprasad_ranganathan

ramprasad_ranganathan

@Vuforia-Strasza Hi, I am using UserDefined target with Unity 2017.3.1 on Android app.

1) In UDTEventhandler.cs, as soon as I found High(or) Medium quality frame,add my 3D object.It shows,but it is jittering(Attached Video).

2) If I move mobile too fast,3D object sticks on corner.Is it default behaviour of Vuforia or am I doing wrong?
    3) Is it possible to rotate 3D object dynamically,independent of UDT image.

Jittering Video :

24. ramprasad_ranganathan

ramprasad_ranganathan

@Vuforia-Strasza any updates for this issues? Vuforia please provide support for these kind of beginner level issues (or) maintain some good documentation of known issues.

25. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@ramprasad_ranganathan The use case for UDT is meant to be an on the fly Image Target feature. The targets created follow the same rules as Image Targets. So while the image you are showing your video is indeed high detail, there are various issue with it.
    1. The fans spinning in the background and the computer monitor with a log filling out are constantly changing the features of the image
    2. The shadows and cables in the environment are not guaranteed constants
    3. Since you are using such a large area as the full UDT, slight movements are greatly rotating your target
    I'd recommend finding a more distinct target to use, such as an image, or try out the Ground Plane feature.

Here is an article with more info on Image Targets: https://library.vuforia.com/article...-Target-Detection-and-Tracking-Stability.html

And here is some info on getting started with Ground Plane: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/ground-plane-guide.html

26. Samu93

Samu93

Hey @Vuforia-Strasza i have a few questions about Vuforia and Unity.
    Does Vurforia use Parts of the Unity Engine, like rendering or is the only role of it to make the development easier and build the final application?
    Who does the transformation of the Objects?
    Is there some kind of Chart, where this is explained?

27. unity_FMs_FMSg0GXoIA

unity_FMs_FMSg0GXoIA

@Jayjays in case you didn't see the AR videos already: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/s/xr

28. sreebhagya

sreebhagya

Hi there,
    Presently i am doing a project which is image recognition. I am using Unity version 2017.4 and vuforia 7. When i hit the play button nothing was showing black screen was showing.When i checked the disabled vuforia camera at the time without scanning the targets are detecting. Is there any version problem. I think this is a silly question. if any help i would be thankfiul.

29. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Do you see any errors when running? Do you have a webcam attached? Is there a warning message in the Vuforia Configuration for your webcam?

30. AAK_Lebanon

AAK_Lebanon

Hi, I am using the latest version of Vuforia (7.1.34) in unity 2018.1
    The famous script (DeployStageOnce) will not work in the new version because of this line:
    var anchor = _deviceTracker.CreatePlaneAnchor(Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), result);

it seems that anchor is not a GameObject anymore so I can't say for example :
    AnchorStage.transform.parent = anchor.transform;

I know that in the new version we don't need the DeployStageOnce because Vuforia suuport this feature, however I can't find a workaround about the fact that anchor is not a GameObject. many examples in the internet rely on this behavior.
    For example I am working on make the Augmented Content to be copied from an ImageTarget to a GoundPlane, So I need that old behavior

31. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

@AAK_Lebanon Our Ground Plane sample on the asset store has an example of how to do Deploy Once in the new SDK.

AAK_Lebanon likes this.
  32. bad-bird

bad-bird

hello
    i am having a problem when building android apk
    the screen goes black
    though its working perfect on ios builds

33. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Could you make a new thread describing which versions of Unity and Vuforia you are using, which devices you've tested on, and whether or not you see this behaviour in the sample apps?

Thanks

34. sharangsharma09

sharangsharma09

Hi Vuforia team,

I am a student and using Vuforia library to develop an educational tool. Is it possible to use multiple VuMark instances in a single AR scene in the free membership?

35. meedabit

meedabit

36. arooldy

arooldy

I already install unity and i want to add vuforia on it, How can i do that please ?

37. meedabit

meedabit

Hello,

Vuforia is part of the Unity Download Assistant options. Just select "Vuforia Augmented Reality Support" when installing the Editor.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

38. gurunaveen22

gurunaveen22

Hello,
    With the help of vuforia SDK I running model-based tracking on mobile even google pixel 2XL gets heated.

39. Nanior

Nanior

@Vuforia-Strasza Why always if I set a AR camera and hit play button, unity quit automatically and give a error report?