Search Unity

Welcome to the Xiaomi Platform Forum!

Discussion in 'Xiaomi' started by Buhlaine, Jul 11, 2017.

1. moldywarpe

moldywarpe

2. Martin_Gonzalez

Martin_Gonzalez

I just wanted to know what a company needs to know about how to publish in Xiaomi, beside the technical side. I mean if there is a fee to pay, legal things to present, etc.

3. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

Hi @zippro ,
    Which website did you create your business account on?
    If you use Unity Cloud Build to push your apk and submit your apk for review on Xiaomi Dev Portal, you don't need to create a business account.

zippro likes this.
  4. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

Hi @moldywarpe ,
    I'm sorry that I don't have any other contact information, but I could remind Xiaomi of your emails.
    Hope they can reply to you soon.

5. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

Hi @Martin_Gonzalez ,
    If you have any technical question about Xiaomi IAP, you can post it in this forum or open a ticket on this website.
    For publishing and fee questions, please email overseas-game@xiaomi.com.
    Thank you.

6. moldywarpe

moldywarpe

Hi,
    Still not getting any feedback from Xiaomi from any of the supplied email addresses so does anybody in the forum know whether any fees are applicable in order to publish on the MiVR store.
    I have seen somebody mention 35000RMB in order for Xiaomi to submit our app for Chinese government approval however this seems excessive. @XMGame
    Thanks

7. newlife

newlife

Hello,
    I would like to know:
    1) Is the fee to submit for government approval still RMB 35,000? Its over 4000€, that's weird.
    2) How much time is the approval process to receive an ISBN license number? On unity pages it says that the process typically takes 4-8 months. Its really a LONG time.
    3) Is it worth for a successful, paid racing game to enter this market?
    4) Is Chinese translation mandatory?

8. moldywarpe

moldywarpe

@newlife
    From our experience in submitting an application to the Xiaomi MiVR store:
    1) No fee
    2) Didn't need to get an ISBN number - I think that is for Chinese developers
    3) Depends how good the game is - the market is large but pricing compared with US etc is probably about a third
    4) Highly recommended

Recommend emailing overseas-dev@xiaomi.com for additional info.
    One of the major issues we had was in translating the documentation so if you happen to be fluent in Chinese that would help else like us ... google translate is your friend ;)

9. newlife

newlife

Cool! Thanks for the precious info.

10. Drimway

Drimway

Hi! I just tried to push an apk (video game) to Xiaomi from Unity Cloud Build, and the Push failed. I wonder if this has been caused by any (or all) of these things:

Unity version 2018.2.20f1

My game doesn't need In-App-Purchases (IAP). I would like to set a buying price (is it that possible in Xiaomi, right?)

I have added the Xiaomi Market SDK from here (https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...illing/unity-sdk-for-xiaomi-stand-alone-98044). I had it installed from the "Add" button in "Build Settings", but I have read that you recommend to install it from Asset Store.

I have installed App Store Settings and it automatically connects with a existing project in my Unity Cloud. It seems ok, but maybe I shoud create a new blank project in Unity Cloud? By the way, the "Xiaomi App Settins" are blank, as I understand that these data are created by Xiaomi afterwards (but I don't know when or where are added -project or apk-)

Build Settings are set to Android.

Player settings> Publishing settings have activated "Use existing keystore" (in some places I have read that Cloud Build add its own keystores... I don't know.)

I have uploaded the apk via Unity Website, as I don't have Unity Teams Advanced for uploading via Unity. Anyway, it is correctly updloaded.

I am the owner of the organization that my project is under. I know this is compulsory when pushing to Xiaomi.

I don't know if I have to create a Xiaomi account. And the https://developer.unity.mi.com/ is not working.

And when I select "Push to Xiaomi" (in unity website or in Unity program, it works the same) I get "Push failed"...

Thanks in advance!

11. Drimway

Drimway

Hi! I just tried to push an apk (video game) to Xiaomi from Unity Cloud Build, and the Push failed. I wonder if this has been caused by any (or all) of these things:

Unity version 2018.2.20f1

My game doesn't need In-App-Purchases (IAP). I would like to set a buying price (is it that possible in Xiaomi, right?)

I have added the Xiaomi Market SDK from here (https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...illing/unity-sdk-for-xiaomi-stand-alone-98044). I had it installed from the "Add" button in "Build Settings", but I have read that you recommend to install it from Asset Store.

I have installed App Store Settings and it automatically connects with a existing project in my Unity Cloud. It seems ok, but maybe I shoud create a new blank project in Unity Cloud? By the way, the "Xiaomi App Settins" are blank, as I understand that these data are created by Xiaomi afterwards (but I don't know when or where are added -project or apk-)

Build Settings are set to Android.

Player settings> Publishing settings have activated "Use existing keystore" (in some places I have read that Cloud Build add its own keystores... I don't know.)

I have uploaded the apk via Unity Website, as I don't have Unity Teams Advanced for uploading via Unity. Anyway, it is correctly updloaded.

I am the owner of the organization that my project is under. I know this is compulsory when pushing to Xiaomi.

I don't know if I have to create a Xiaomi account. And the https://developer.unity.mi.com/ is not working.

And when I select "Push to Xiaomi" (in unity website or in Unity program, it works the same) I get "Push failed"...

Thanks in advance!

12. gamesjust007

gamesjust007

13. suitmrt

suitmrt

Can anyone explain the difference between this: https://unity3d.com/partners/xiaomi/guide
    and this: https://dev.mi.com/console/doc/detail?pId=1676
    So, the guides are named "Xiaomi developer quick start guide" and "Xiaomi Overseas Game Developer Guide".
    The second guide has sdk to download, but in the first guide nothing was said about additional sdks if game uses Unity IAP. The sdk from the second guide doesn't even look like UnityChannel.

They have different steps, but what are the main differenes and which guide to use?

14. newlife

newlife

Is the Xiaomi platform still working in Unity? The link https://unity3d.com/partners/xiaomi/guide doesn't exist anymore and Unity 2019 doesn't have the button to add the Xiaomi Game Center in build settings.
    What happened?