Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Welcome to the Shader Graph forum!

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by alexandral_unity, Apr 5, 2019.

1. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

In 2018.1, Unity introduced all new features that expanded the capability of the rendering system. One of those features was the Shader Graph, a powerful node-based tool that allows users to visually author their own shaders. Shader Graph is production-ready with 2019.1

Shader Graph can be downloaded alongside our Lightweight Render Pipeline or High Definition Render Pipeline via the Package Manager window.

What is a Shader Graph?

Shader Graph is a node-based editor that can be used to create a wide variety of visual effects and shaders for any project in Unity. The graph framework gives immediate feedback and live previews with every change.

How do I get started with Shader Graph?
    To get started with Shader Graph, take a look at our Resources thread. Here you can also find tutorials, sample assets, and breakdowns on creating cool effects with custom shaders.

What is the current status of Shader Graph?
    Shader Graph is production ready with 2019.1. Shader Graph is included along with the Scriptable Render Pipeline packages that you can install into your projects, which are currently the Lightweight and High Definition Render Pipelines. While introduced in 2018.1, versions released before 2019.1 are considered Preview status, and tools, assets, or extensions that were created for 2018.1-2018.3 are not guaranteed to work when upgraded to 2019.1.

What should I use this forum for?
    This forum is for users and developers to talk about the Shader Graph tool. Feel free to post here with examples of cool things you’ve made, problems you’re experiencing with a project, questions you have about using the tool, or maybe new feature requests you might have.

Unity staff will also use this forum to get feedback on what you think of the tool and to tell you about new features that are coming soon.

What do I do if I have a bug?
    If you are experiencing an issue in the Shader Graph tool that you think is a bug, please file an official bug report via the Unity Bug Reporter. Issues that are reported on the forum are not guaranteed to be seen by developers or fixed. Bugs filed through the Bug Reporter can be tracked at the public Issue Tracker.

If you have an issue with the Shader Graph tool, try checking the forums to see if someone else has already reported or solved this issue before posting or reporting it yourself.

Rules and Conduct
    The rules and conduct of this subforum are the same as the rules and conduct of Unity forums. Before you post, be sure to review the rules and code of conduct. Posts or users that violate these rules will be addressed by moderators.