Search Unity

Welcome to the EditorXR forums!

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by amirebrahimi_unity, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

You've probably come here from our recent blogpost. If not, check out the announcement!

I'll go ahead and re-post some of the links for convenience:
    EditorVR Experimental Build of Unity
    EditorVR Unity Package
    Getting Started Guide
    Extending EditorVR (Developer's Guide)
    GitHub Repository

There's much more to come here. We'll eventually create a few more stickies for a FAQ and anything else that comes up, but for now we simply want to welcome you and look forward to your involvement with where EditorVR goes!

AntonioModer and Kiefy like this.
  2. bkiter

bkiter

Hello, I have a Vive, Im a photographer and have been practicing taking 360 panos. Do I need to know C++ in order to use the editor? I have almost no programming knowledge, just basic HTML. My goal is to create a vr gallery / interactive media so I can show my regular photos, 360 panos and videos basically like a media gallery. Thanks!

3. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hello there, bkiter!

No, you do not need programming skills to use EditorVR. If you are interested in extending it, you will need to write C# scripts, but you can still edit your scene using the HMD and Vive controllers without writing any code.

4. bkiter

bkiter

Thanks for your reply. I will download the Editor and see how it goes.I hope that for non-programmers it would be easy to import assets and let us build experiences, easier than the regular editor.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

The Editor VR build doesn't seem to want to connect to the store.

6. NEOMORPH_STUDIO_SRL

NEOMORPH_STUDIO_SRL

Hi and congrats on releasing the EditorVR and for making it Open Source.
    Would it be possible to use the EditorVR at run-time, for example to allow users in a game to dynamically place objects or navigate using the chessboard? Can users extend the usage of the EditorVR using C# scripts in order to support run-time editing (without requiring a custom built Unity version)?
    Thanks and once more, nice job!

7. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

That is one of our ultimate goals, but we don't have a timeframe for it. We have been designing the systems of EditorVR keeping in mind that the community might want to re-use our code elsewhere, but right now we don't have out-of-the-box runtime support.

You are welcome to try porting the chessboard (now MiniWorld) to runtime. Let us know if you get it working! :)

NEOMORPH_STUDIO_SRL likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm getting
    "ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: key"

I tried editing a scene I was previously working on and I tried an empty scene and I'm getting it in both.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

10. mtschoen

mtschoen

Unity Technologies

Hm. That's definitely a bug. Could be something to do with your input setup, but most likely we just need to protect against it. We'll post more about how to submit bugs and fixes if you have them. Sorry that you ran into trouble, but thanks for letting us know!

11. Dennis-DeRyke

Dennis-DeRyke

Unity Technologies

Thanks for calling this to our attention -- we are looking into the problem. A workaround is to access the Asset Store from a non-experimental version of Unity 5.4 and download the relevant assets into a project, which you open later with the EditorVR-specific experimental Unity Editor. There is another thread specific to this EditorVR bug with Asset Store.

Kiefy and sachaa like this.
  12. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

Closing further replies to this thread to encourage posting of new threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.