Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

weird zoom behaviour in cinemachine framing transposer

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by chlagou, Dec 19, 2017.

1. chlagou

chlagou

Hey Guys, I want to know if this is done by design or it's a bug?

you will find my setup in the View attachment 259280 attached image

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes the zoom behaviour is expected. Because the target is moving closer/farther away within the dead zone, the zoom is adjusting to keep the framing size constant. In the current version, the framing functionality ignores the dead zone.

3. chlagou

chlagou

thank you ! for your quick response, but is there a way to enable/disable the zoom, I know it sounds stupid but there is no other way to do top-down camera in cinemachine

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I can't open your attachments from you original post, so I don't know your setup. Is your Follow Target a TargetGroup? If so, that's why you're getting the zoom. Make it an ordinary transform instead (i.e. NOT a TargetGroup) and the zooming should stop because the vcam has no way to know the target size.

5. chlagou

chlagou

cinemachine setup.JPG

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks. So it's not the Framing functionality. I think the problem is that there's no way to confine the vcam with the Framing Transposer to a plane parallel to the XZ, unless you get rid of the dead zone. Can you live without the dead zone for now?

chlagou likes this.
  7. chlagou

chlagou

yes, that's what I did. thank you so much :D

8. Tony707

Tony707

Any updates on this ?

Is there any way to avoid the zooming behavior when inside the dead zone ?

Thanks

9. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

10. Tony707

Tony707

Thanks for the suggestion,

Actually since we change the camera distance during runtime I don't see this as a viable solution, I'll try to find another way.

11. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You could probably work out the mathematical relationship between camera distance and z depth - my intuition is that it just scales linearly. So get it working at one distance, and just scale the dead zone depth along with the camera distance. Betcha that would work.

Tony707 likes this.