Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

weird texture/shader problem with iOS Pro build...

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by panFX, Mar 1, 2015.

1. panFX

panFX

Hi there,

first of all, this is my first try to work with iOS builds. Long story short - i'm currently trying to test out the graphics capabilities of the iPad Air 2 with Unity 5 (RC3). I got the iOS pro package and a test scene with PBR/standard shaders, Metal API, realtime GI etc. I'm totally new at this, testing slowly step for step, getting Xcode to run on a VM on Win7 was nightmare enough.
    The screenshot shows a messed up texture or shader problem, and i don't know enough about all the technical details to point out where it's coming from. It would really help me alot, if someone could tell me what technically happened there or what it shows what is not working. I'll provide more additional info about the scene if you want and sorry for bad english.

thanks in advance,
    Alex

Attached Files:

2. Jde

Jde

I'ts hard to tell what the problem is but it looks like it could be related to the normal maps. Try removing them from the material to see what you get?