Search Unity

weird slew of errors after upgrading to 3.4

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by rsud, Jul 28, 2011.

1. rsud

rsud

I upgraded to 3.4 and now get a slew of errors when I load my game.
    The errors are happening in a Unity standard asset scripts.

I did nothing but install 3.4 on my macbook and then start unity and select my game to load.

What is going on!?!?

Here are some samples:

Assets/Standard Assets/Character Controllers/Sources/Scripts/ThirdPersonController.js(325,33): BCE0048: Type 'Object' does not support slicing.

Assets/Standard Assets/Character Controllers/Sources/Scripts/ThirdPersonController.js(347,52): BCE0019: 'CrossFade' is not a member of 'Object'.

Assets/Standard Assets/Character Controllers/Sources/Scripts/ThirdPersonCamera.js(142,9): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'currentHeight'.

Assets/Standard Assets/Scripts/Camera Scripts/SmoothFollow.js(32,9): BCE0005: Unknown identifier: 'wantedRotationAngle'.

2. zine92

zine92

3. tvalleau

tvalleau

Forgive me, but "switch back to 3.3" isn't the most useful reply. The ThirdPersonController issue has to do with the object that is calling update (which apparently cannot be sliced nor does it offer CrossFade any longer, in my case), and the ThirdPersonCamera seems to have changed some variables (ie there is no currentHeight nor currentRotation.) Those were in 3.3... so there's something else going on here. Not all of us here have years with Unity under our belt, so a bit of help... perhaps a hint even, would be more useful than "switch back."

4. rsud

rsud

So, is everyone hitting these errors who selected to include standard asset scripts in their 3.3 or earlier projects?

If there are "new" standard scripts, is there a procedure to apply them to existing projects?

Should I create new project in 3.4 and copy over ThirdPersonCamera.js, etc scripts (I assume that 3.4 version has fixed scripts)?

5. ecnalyr

ecnalyr

I am getting similar errors and lack the necessary experience to quickly remedy these problems. Any assistance outside of going back to 3.3 would be appreciated.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Re-import the relevant packages. (e.g., the character controller package.)

--Eric

7. ecnalyr

ecnalyr

^^ Solved, thank you!

8. tvalleau

tvalleau

Thanks, Eric. Sort of a "duh" for me, but I'm old, so I forgive myself... :) The remaining issues are mine.

9. rsud

rsud

Reimporting doesn't seem to do anything to correct my errors.

I am two-finger clicking (Mac) the assets folder and selecting 'Reimport'.

My errors are still there after the reimport completes.

Am I doing this correctly?

10. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

No, you have to reimport the relevant packages; what you're doing is just reloading what's already there.

--Eric