Search Unity

Bug Weird shadow bug with webgl builds on portrait orientation

Discussion in 'Web' started by Magiichan, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Magiichan

Magiichan

Hi,

I'm currently creating a report comparing unity & two other webgl frameworks namely: three.js & babylon.js
    The comparison is based on alot of indicators such as performance, features, developer friendliness, etc.

The problem I've encountered is that the entire scene is convered in shadows.
    The shadow stops at the distance of the "Shadow Distance" in the Quality Settings.

Today I found out that rotating the screen to landscape fixes the issue. Is there a way to get rid of this bug using settings or perhaps code?

The devices I've tested it on are the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra & Galaxy S10. For PC, tablets, iOS everything works fine.

To build the webgl application I've used Unity 2020.3.25f1 Personal Edition.
    For PC, Samsung Tablets, all IOS devices this problem doesn't occur.
    The issues I've encountered are on:
    1. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra | Android 11 | Default Browser & Google Chrome | WebGL 2.0
    2. Samsung Galaxy S10 | Android 9 | Default Browser & Google Chrome | WebGL 2.0
    Vertical
    upload_2022-1-18_22-48-13.png
    Landscape
    upload_2022-1-18_22-48-23.png

I've tried messing with all the combination of settings, it feels like I'm going crazy.
    I've messed with the following settings:
    1. Rendering Color Space.
    2. Lightmap Encoding.
    3. Camera Rendering Path.
    4. Different Player Quality Settings (ranging from low to high).
    5. Shadow Mode, Resolution, Projection, Distance, Cascades, etc.
    I would be forever greatful to the person who helps me fix this bug.
    Let me know if I need to supply additional information.

Kind Regards

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022