Search Unity

Question Weird reflection on the border of the screen

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by acandael, Jun 2, 2022.

1. acandael

acandael

Hello!

I am exploring HDRP and Raytracing in a Scene of mine, and I keep observing some weird reflection on the side of my screen (on the left and top left on the picture below).
    Just to help understand the situation: What is shown in the picture here is a bathroom with some sun light entering a window behind the camera. On the left part there is a shower with a glass door, and on the right a mirror and a sink.

We can see a brighter reflection of the sky on the shower glass door, on the left border of the screen. I removed basically all Volumes here, to try to narrow down the issue, but can't find what is causing this. I've not much knowledge about all this, but I would have suspected this is due to some wrong Screen Space Reflections (?)
    But activating or deactivating SSR, with or without RayTracing doesn't seem to solve the issue (the reflections on the shower glass door are clearly impacted, but that 'band' on the side is still there).

Activating or deactivating (realtime) reflection probes in the room doesn't help either.

Any idea where it could come from? I would need to solve that without baking anything, as the model is downloaded at runtime.

Thanks a lot!
    Arnaud.

upload_2022-6-2_11-12-30.png

2. m0nsky

m0nsky

Hi, the screenshot isn't very clear. Can you try adding a "Screen Space Refraction" volume override and dragging the slider all the way to the left to see if it fixes your issue?

chap-unity likes this.
  3. acandael

acandael

It does solve my problem, awesome!

Thank you!

m0nsky likes this.