Search Unity

Bug Weird rectangles in VFX Graph editor. (UI outlines not rendering correctly)

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by dgoyette, May 12, 2023.

1. dgoyette

dgoyette

I'm not sure when this started, as I haven't opened Shader Graph in a few version, but I'm on 2021.3.24 LTS. When I open any shader graph, I'm now seeing some weird borders around the various systems:

upload_2023-5-12_15-24-33.png

Is this some kind of bug? Or is this something new I'm not familiar with? To get the above, I simply created a new Visual Effect and opened it.

It initially seemed like this corrected itself when I restarted Unity, but it keeps happening.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  2. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

dgoyette likes this.
  3. Julien-A

Julien-A

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    Thank you for reporting this issue.
    Actually this is a known issue and we're working on a fix (it's already fixed in 2022 and 2023 streams).
    In the meantime, as a workaround you can restore correct frame alignment by changing the scene view "point of view".
    Try to do the same orientation as the one shown in the screenshot below x4wMuND5mp.png

dgoyette likes this.
  4. dgoyette

dgoyette

That's a great workaround, and a really entertaining one. I'd been trying to come up with some rhyme or reason for why the lines were getting rendered in such various bizarre ways. I didn't make the connection that the scene view camera orientation was a factor. That's an amusing bug. :)

Julien-A likes this.